Would you buy a retail combo pack of Mutant Mudds 1&2? Jools wants to know!

#31NnamzPosted 1/3/2013 11:05:50 PM
CronoDyne posted...

If you continued reading instead of being a blind loyalist,

*facepalm*

I didn't even know who these guys were before today, nor have I played any of their games.Pointing out your stupidity doesn't make me a loyalist.

you'd realize Jools is a hypocrite that's doing just fine on platforms riddled with piracy.

We have no idea of their current financial situation. Stop assuming garbage. It's likely that he ISN'T doing fine on 3DS and that piracy will make it not worth it on 3DS itself.

Also, the 3DS IS going to be hacked, that means if Jools is true to his words (which he's not, because he's an inconsistent hypocrite) he WILL leave 3DS development, which means NO Mutant Mudds 2 on the 3DS.

*double facepalm*

3DS is NOT currently hacked, so he is NOT abandoning the platform. We don't know when the hack will come, whether it will before or after mutant mudds, or what Nintendo's response to it will be (how much damage they will control). He said IF the 3DS gets hacked, he will not support that platform. That doesn't translate into him sitting around with his **** in his hands waiting for it to be hacked so he can "officially" leave 3DS development. If anything, he can squeeze a game out before it gets hacked, or finish the game on 3DS, then port it to other platforms and abandon the system after that.

Your logic makes no sense. He's no hypocrite. Piracy is currently not possible on 3DS. When it is, and he announces another new game, you'll have a point.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#32jaytee979Posted 1/3/2013 11:26:04 PM
I'll say it once.

Once you pirate and realize you only need storage, you will hate having scratched discs, unreadable/lost carts and so forth.

Which is why I love my 3DS. The games may be the same price as retail but I no longer have to carry around a bunch of carts just to play something.

If you make both downloadable as a preorder bonus then I am in sir.
---
Yeah well your mom.
GT/PSN/NNID: TheGarageBand
#33Frozenx07Posted 1/4/2013 3:17:54 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Frozenx07 posted...
SuperMario1998 posted...
Yeah, I haven't bought the first one yet and I prefer physical anyway, so that'd be awesome. Unfortunatly, I don't have a Twitter account.

Ditto.

Mew.

Psyduck.
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558
#34CronoDynePosted 1/4/2013 4:13:21 PM
*facepalm*

I didn't even know who these guys were before today, nor have I played any of their games.Pointing out your stupidity doesn't make me a loyalist.

Ignoring reality in a vain attempt at trying to divert any valid criticism away from a developer for their idiotic actions, all-the-while resorting to childish personal attacks in the process is the definition of blind loyalism.

We have no idea of their current financial situation. Stop assuming garbage. It's likely that he ISN'T doing fine on 3DS and that piracy will make it not worth it on 3DS itself.

Is logic that hard for you to grasp? Their current financial situation seems perfectly fine in the threat of piracy if they're releasing a game on three platforms that are currently hacked, two of which are riddled with piracy.

*double facepalm*

3DS is NOT currently hacked, so he is NOT abandoning the platform. We don't know when the hack will come, whether it will before or after mutant mudds, or what Nintendo's response to it will be (how much damage they will control). He said IF the 3DS gets hacked, he will not support that platform. That doesn't translate into him sitting around with his **** in his hands waiting for it to be hacked so he can "officially" leave 3DS development. If anything, he can squeeze a game out before it gets hacked, or finish the game on 3DS, then port it to other platforms and abandon the system after that.

So I guess logic IS too hard for you to grasp. Do I have to copy paste my post several times before it sinks in for you? "Also, the 3DS IS going to be hacked, that means if Jools is true to his words (which he's not, because he's an inconsistent hypocrite) he WILL leave 3DS development, which means NO Mutant Mudds 2 on the 3DS." If Person claims he will do B if A, then if A he will do B. It's pretty simple, guy. I really don't understand why it's so hard for you to comprehend.

Your logic makes no sense. He's no hypocrite. Piracy is currently not possible on 3DS. When it is, and he announces another new game, you'll have a point.

Threatening to leave 3DS development because of the potential threat of piracy, yet releasing games on platforms filled with piracy is not hypocritical.. how, exactly?
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#35NnamzPosted 1/5/2013 2:29:48 PM(edited)
CronoDyne posted...

Ignoring reality in a vain attempt at trying to divert any valid criticism away from a developer for their idiotic actions, all-the-while resorting to childish personal attacks in the process is the definition of blind loyalism.

Are you even listening to yourself? Do you even realize how stupid what you just said is? Do you even know what loyalism is?

#1. Even if that's exactly what I was doing (it was not), that is not loyalism.

#2. How can I be loyal to a company I didn't know existed before a couple of days ago? How could I be loyal to a company of which I have not even purchased or played anything they have made?

Against my better judgment, I'm actually going to read the rest of your drivel. What a stupid comment.

Is logic that hard for you to grasp? Their current financial situation seems perfectly fine........

We DO NOT know their current financial situation. You assuming they are doing "fine" is a completely baseless assumption.

"Also, the 3DS IS going to be hacked, that means if Jools is true to his words (which he's not, because he's an inconsistent hypocrite) he WILL leave 3DS development, which means NO Mutant Mudds 2 on the 3DS."

*triple facepalm*

3DS IS NOT HACKED YET! He wants to make a sequel to a system that currently fits the criteria he needs to make the sequel on. Nobody knows when piracy will be possible on 3DS. When it is available, he'll have to assess whether or not to cancel the project (which he began while piracy was not possible on 3DS), continue with it to get some of his money back, or finish it and port it to other platforms as well to recoup losses.

The ONLY thing that would make him a hypocrite is if he announced he's making a game for 3DS AFTER piracy becomes available on it.

It's become clear as day that you don't know what a hypocrite is, or what a loyalist is for that matter.
---
#36Gogo726Posted 1/5/2013 2:34:46 PM
I've already got the first one on eshop, so I'd buy the 2nd on eshop too, so long as it's not just a mission pack sequel.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#37CronoDynePosted 1/5/2013 4:11:46 PM

Are you even listening to yourself? Do you even realize how stupid what you just said is? Do you even know what loyalism is?

#1. Even if that's exactly what I was doing (it was not), that is not loyalism.

#2. How can I be loyal to a company I didn't know existed before a couple of days ago? How could I be loyal to a company of which I have not even purchased or played anything they have made?

Against my better judgment, I'm actually going to read the rest of your drivel. What a stupid comment.

Such an angsty, vile person you are. In your inane attempt at continuing to divert the attention away with childish insults, you STILL fail to acknowledge any point made. At this point you're just trying to be confrontational for the sake of being confrontational. And in the end, you're still "ignoring reality in a vain attempt at trying to divert any valid criticism away from a developer for their idiotic actions, all-the-while resorting to childish personal attacks in the process." Slow clap? Your entire first and second posts in this topic were railing to the defense of a developer you apparently "never knew of," ignoring valid and justified complaints made against developer while making a wide generalization of this phantom "everyone" that supposedly claimed all of Renegade Kid's games were crap. Let me change what I said before.. you're beyond a blind loyalist; you're a fanboyish child.

We DO NOT know their current financial situation. You assuming they are doing "fine" is a completely baseless assumption.

No, it's based on simple reasoning. A company cannot be in dire straits to the point that releasing a game on a pirated riddle platform would put them under if that company is releasing games on pirated riddled platforms. It makes no logical sense. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

3DS IS NOT HACKED YET! He wants to make a sequel to a system that currently fits the criteria he needs to make the sequel on. Nobody knows when piracy will be possible on 3DS. When it is available, he'll have to assess whether or not to cancel the project (which he began while piracy was not possible on 3DS), continue with it to get some of his money back, or finish it and port it to other platforms as well to recoup losses.

Do you really such have a miscomprehension of the English language? I even bolded the key words for you. "Is going" means "a definite future;" never in the history of the English speaking world has "is going" meant "RIGHT NOW!!!!," for the love of all that's good and holy.

The ONLY thing that would make him a hypocrite is if he announced he's making a game for 3DS AFTER piracy becomes available on it.

It's become clear as day that you don't know what a hypocrite is, or what a loyalist is for that matter.

Now you're just being silly. I don't know if you're just trying to scrap the bottom of the barrel for ANY form of counter argument, or if you're really just this foolish. I feel sorry for you that you don't understand that when someone abhors the distribution of software on one pirated platform, but is absolutely fine with three other pirated platforms, it makes them a hypocrite.

I'll await your overused use of the term "stupid," because apparently that's all you have to offer.
---
#38NnamzPosted 1/5/2013 5:02:44 PM
Such an angsty, vile person you are. In your inane attempt at continuing to divert the attention away with childish insults

You're hilarious. You call me an "angsty vile person" then accuse me of insulting you. And you're accusing this random studio of hypocrisy??? LMAO!

Let me educate you:

#1. If you want to gain any sort of social capital on message boards, cut the rhetoric and stop being a blatant hypocrite. Be relevant.

#2. I did not insult you. I said what you're posting was senseless drivel. This is not an insult towards you as a person, it is a criticism of what you wrote, which was senseless drivel (how can I be a loyalist of a company I have never purchased a game from or couldn't care less about?). Yet you, in the same line you attempt to accuse me of insulting you, call me "vile person". Since you obviously have no grasp of what a hypocrite is, I guess I'll have to point out to you that this is laughably hypocritical.

Let me change what I said before.. you're beyond a blind loyalist; you're a fanboyish child.

So I'm a fanboy of a company I didn't know existed last week and that I haven't bought a game from? I wish you could grasp how absurd that sounds, but you obviously can't.

No, it's based on simple reasoning. A company cannot be in dire straits to the point that releasing a game on a pirated riddle platform would put them under if that company is releasing games on pirated riddled platforms.

Strawman argument, and a false binary. Nobody said they are in dire straights. And there is a massive continuum between being in dire straights and being "fine".

It's already been spelled out to you. They are a small company producing small games. This is very risky, especially on a system which is more expensive to put up games for (3DS vs the comparatively cheap iOS).

Do you really such have a miscomprehension of the English language? I even bolded the key words for you. "Is going" means "a definite future;" never in the history of the English speaking world has "is going" meant "RIGHT NOW!!!!," for the love of all that's good and holy.

That's my entire point. As piracy is not possible on 3DS currently, nor do we know when it will be possible, Renegade Kid are not being hypocritical by announcing a Mutant Mudd's sequel while the system is currently pirate free, as they said they will not support the system ONCE IT BECOMES infested with pirates. It is not currently there, so they can continue supporting it.

I'll say it again, if they made this announcement AFTER piracy becomes widespread, they would be hypocrites. Piracy is not even possible yet, so there is no reason for them just to sit around until it is then say they won't support the platform anymore.

I'll await your overused use of the term "stupid," because apparently that's all you have to offer.

So saying the word "stupid" once in a post is overused?

So you've now proven you don't know what a hypocrite is, what a loyalist is, or what the word overused means. Nice. You're a triple threat.
---
#39CronoDynePosted 1/6/2013 1:40:27 AM
You're hilarious. You call me an "angsty vile person" then accuse me of insulting you. And you're accusing this random studio of hypocrisy??? LMAO!

Calling you an angsty, vile person isn't an insult, it's pointing out your behavior and words, then immediately proceeding to counter every flawed point you make. I'm not writing your angsty, vile posts; you are. This is like condemning a race victim for calling a racist a racist.

#2. I did not insult you. I said what you're posting was senseless drivel. This is not an insult towards you as a person, it is a criticism of what you wrote, which was senseless drivel (how can I be a loyalist of a company I have never purchased a game from or couldn't care less about?). Yet you, in the same line you attempt to accuse me of insulting you, call me "vile person". Since you obviously have no grasp of what a hypocrite is, I guess I'll have to point out to you that this is laughably hypocritical.

Let's see here..

"Pointing out your stupidity",

Right, that's not a personal insult. If you could actually "criticize" what I wrote, you would make an attempt to counter argue, not belittle in the lame attempt at diverting the attention elsewhere. You can't feasibly counter anything, therefore you just attack the message and messenger. Continuously. Good job on that.

So I'm a fanboy of a company I didn't know existed last week and that I haven't bought a game from? I wish you could grasp how absurd that sounds, but you obviously can't.

You're a fanboy for (do I really have to copy paste this again?) "ignoring reality in a vain attempt at trying to divert any valid criticism away from a developer for their idiotic actions, all-the-while resorting to childish personal attacks in the process." Yes, you're a fanboy.

Strawman argument, and a false binary. Nobody said they are in dire straights. And there is a massive continuum between being in dire straights and being "fine".

It's already been spelled out to you. They are a small company producing small games. This is very risky, especially on a system which is more expensive to put up games for (3DS vs the comparatively cheap iOS).

Looks like someone is using their word-of-the-day calendar. I believe it was the topic creator, in a post I quoted, the quote in which you started this inane argument, said, "they'd be left with either stay with Nintendo and go belly up" were they to release a game on a pirated platform. Are you still convinced that "nobody" said they are in dire straits if they release a game on a platform filled with piracy, even though someone actually did? I'm sure you are, since you don't even know what "hypocrisy" means even when it's laid out for you.

And again, hopefully for the last time, THEY'RE RELEASING GAMES ON TWO PIRATED PLATFORMS ALREADY, one of where the game in question costs $8 (PC) and is the most pirated platform in existence. How is it risky to release a game on the soon to be pirated 3DS but not on the PC?

That's my entire point. As piracy is not possible on 3DS currently, nor do we know when it will be possible, Renegade Kid are not being hypocritical by announcing a Mutant Mudd's sequel while the system is currently pirate free, as they said they will not support the system ONCE IT BECOMES infested with pirates. It is not currently there, so they can continue supporting it.

It doesn't matter if they're announcing a game for the PlayStation 7; they're condemning a pirated platform while supporting a pirated platform. Thus: hypocrisy.

So saying the word "stupid" once in a post is overused?

stupidity, how stupid, What a stupid..

Once, eh?
---
#40parKb5Posted 1/6/2013 7:32:55 AM
Nnamz posted...
CronoDyne posted...

If you continued reading instead of being a blind loyalist,

*facepalm*

you'd realize Jools is a hypocrite that's doing just fine on platforms riddled with piracy.

Also, the 3DS IS going to be hacked, that means if Jools is true to his words (which he's not, because he's an inconsistent hypocrite) he WILL leave 3DS development, which means NO Mutant Mudds 2 on the 3DS.

*double facepalm*

I don't even understand what you guys are arguing about. What Jools is saying is that if the 3DS gets hacked, he will stop developing for that system.

What CronoDyne is pointing out is that Renegade Kid also makes games for iOS and PC with no problem, but both of those systems are ALREADY hacked to high heaven.

So why is Jools picking on the 3DS and making threats when the 3DS is NOT hacked?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg