My 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro just came in from Japan. Unboxing + First Impressions

#11CheeseIsSoFatPosted 1/3/2013 1:44:37 PM
Nnamz posted...
CheeseIsSoFat posted...
No offence but the the money spent on the huge CPP could be better spent on a bottle of ROGAINE or 2.

I shave my head. Wouldn't even more hair be counter productive to that?

KID ICARUS UPRISING FOR TEH WIN BABEH !
#12Retroxgamer0Posted 1/3/2013 2:02:48 PM(edited)
Triple A battery for the circle pad? how long does it last? that is ANNOYING.
#13Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 2:03:08 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
double A battery for the circle pad? how long does it last? that is ANNOYING.

Triple A. And I have no idea. I hope at least 20-30 hours. But I will certainly let you know when it dies.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#14Swan3624Posted 1/3/2013 2:13:19 PM
:O So you... you are the great Vitavs3ds. I'm...starstruck. I <3 your videos!

Okay I'm exaggerating a tad on the starstruckness, but I do love your videos. I wish you would make more, in fact, but to request more videos of the exclusive games and release dates would kind of counteract the name of your channel haha. :P

But another great video from you. Good job :)
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#15Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 2:18:51 PM
Swan3624 posted...

Okay I'm exaggerating a tad on the starstruckness, but I do love your videos. I wish you would make more, in fact, but to request more videos of the exclusive games and release dates would kind of counteract the name of your channel haha. :P

Thanks for the kind words. I just subscribed to your gaming channel and am checking out the Rhythm Thief videos now. Good stuff.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#16Swan3624Posted 1/3/2013 2:41:51 PM
Nnamz posted...
Swan3624 posted...

Thanks for the kind words. I just subscribed to your gaming channel and am checking out the Rhythm Thief videos now. Good stuff.

Oh thank you very much! :D

Haha, Rhythm Thief. A great game, and one I owe a lot of gratitude to. Definitely going to be my most successful video series, even if I make more series down the line. :P
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
#17yankee6903Posted 1/3/2013 2:43:07 PM
Swan3624 posted...
Nnamz posted...
Swan3624 posted...

Oh thank you very much! :D

Haha, Rhythm Thief. A great game, and one I owe a lot of gratitude to. Definitely going to be my most successful video series, even if I make more series down the line. :P

Swan - I am thinking of getting a rhythm game. Which better and why? Rhythm Thief or Theatrhythm.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#18Swan3624Posted 1/3/2013 2:57:08 PM
yankee6903 posted...
Swan - I am thinking of getting a rhythm game. Which better and why? Rhythm Thief or Theatrhythm.

Oh man... I never ever want to make this comparison. It's so difficult.

If you want a story (kind of light, but still entertaining), definitely go with Rhythm Thief. As far as replay value goes, you can replay all the minigames of Rhythm Thief as many times as you want, but I will say it's not quite as fun playing through them a second time.

Fun, but I wouldn't base my purchase on the ability to replay the minigames. Buy it for the fun and light story, and if you so choose, for the ability to play through the game on a harder difficulty (timing becomes tighter and misses will devastate you). To me, though, it's very much a one-time experience. I loved that one time, though.

Theatrhythm has no real story to get invested in, nor does it have much variety... but the amount of things you can unlock, and the very difficult quest of SSSing every song in the game, should add plenty of gametime for you. Theatrhythm's replayability is based purely on your tolerance of playing the same stuff over and over. If you enjoy playing songs over and over on Rock Band or Guitar Hero... heck, even Gitaroo Man, Theatrhythm will likely hike up your playtime count immensely, compared to Rhythm Thief. If it's not your style of game, though; if you don't get hooked on the formula, it's not going to bring you much replay value.

So... play the demos on the eShop. I think they both have demos there, at least. If you enjoy the demo for Theatrhythm, I would recommend that over Rhythm Thief due to the length of time you will be playing it. If you want a different experience, though, with some very memorable minigames and a fun story, Rhythm Thief is your game.

So as not to go off-topic, as I love to do with many a-thread:

I don't remember exact numbers, but I believe despite there being a need for a AAA battery, the battery does indeed last a looooong time. I want to say the 30-40 hours amount is close to what I heard.
---
#19yankee6903Posted 1/3/2013 3:04:59 PM
Swan3624 posted...
yankee6903 posted...

Oh man... I never ever want to make this comparison. It's so difficult.

If you want a story (kind of light, but still entertaining), definitely go with Rhythm Thief. As far as replay value goes, you can replay all the minigames of Rhythm Thief as many times as you want, but I will say it's not quite as fun playing through them a second time.

Fun, but I wouldn't base my purchase on the ability to replay the minigames. Buy it for the fun and light story, and if you so choose, for the ability to play through the game on a harder difficulty (timing becomes tighter and misses will devastate you). To me, though, it's very much a one-time experience. I loved that one time, though.

Theatrhythm has no real story to get invested in, nor does it have much variety... but the amount of things you can unlock, and the very difficult quest of SSSing every song in the game, should add plenty of gametime for you. Theatrhythm's replayability is based purely on your tolerance of playing the same stuff over and over. If you enjoy playing songs over and over on Rock Band or Guitar Hero... heck, even Gitaroo Man, Theatrhythm will likely hike up your playtime count immensely, compared to Rhythm Thief. If it's not your style of game, though; if you don't get hooked on the formula, it's not going to bring you much replay value.

So... play the demos on the eShop. I think they both have demos there, at least. If you enjoy the demo for Theatrhythm, I would recommend that over Rhythm Thief due to the length of time you will be playing it. If you want a different experience, though, with some very memorable minigames and a fun story, Rhythm Thief is your game.

So as not to go off-topic, as I love to do with many a-thread:

I don't remember exact numbers, but I believe despite there being a need for a AAA battery, the battery does indeed last a looooong time. I want to say the 30-40 hours amount is close to what I heard.

Thanks and you actually make my decision tougher! I TEASE.

Anyway, I think I liked Theatrhythm a bit more but I do enjoy some story. Also, the demo seemed insanely hard to me when I tried ultimate or whatever.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#20lunchEATSyouPosted 1/3/2013 3:23:02 PM
Nice video. Even with the orginal 3DS + CPP, portability really wasn't an option, though. I will be getting this when this finally comes out here in the States.

PS: Can I has the Club Nintendo code? :)
---
You think Soviet Russia jokes are exageration?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbBP_-sQRkk