I don't know why people bash all Gamestops...

#1Eric_CoronaPosted 1/3/2013 9:32:10 PM
Because today I went to get Code of Princess, and they only have one left. It has the box around it that holds the game case and the art/sound book, but the box is banged up. So I ask him if they have any others, and he goes to check in the back, but no, they don't.

He then says that he will give me the price of it used ($35), and I also wanted to get my little cousin Nintendogs + cats because he really wanted it, so the guy throws it in for free. (New also!)

I dunno about you guys but I wanna marry this guy. He's awesome! xD
---
"So...what's it gonna be? Will you choose to ally?
...Or to betray?"
#2IAznDragonI YanPosted 1/3/2013 9:33:10 PM
you need to experience the bad gamestop locations with the worst employees and customer service
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#301Philip01Posted 1/3/2013 9:33:51 PM
Eric_Corona posted...
Because today I went to get Code of Princess, and they only have one left. It has the box around it that holds the game case and the art/sound book, but the box is banged up. So I ask him if they have any others, and he goes to check in the back, but no, they don't.

He then says that he will give me the price of it used ($35), and I also wanted to get my little cousin Nintendogs + cats because he really wanted it, so the guy throws it in for free. (New also!)

I dunno about you guys but I wanna marry this guy. He's awesome! xD

Well, not all gamestops are the same, you have one good experience while others may have many bad ones. Just a thought.
---
NNID: PhilipPwns ( Add me thru miiverse )
3DS Friend Code: 0387 9129 6502
#421_21Posted 1/3/2013 9:34:17 PM
I agree with you to an extent. The gamestop right outside my house is friendly and never had any problems with them, but the one that's second closest to my house: oh, that is a different story..............
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#5forest_wandererPosted 1/3/2013 9:35:16 PM
Most people don't bash Gamestop. It's just this small but vocal group of angsty teenagers and neckbeards in their early 20s who don't really comprehend the way jobs work, and think that complaining about everything is the easiest way to be funny.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#6nintendoggerPosted 1/3/2013 9:36:59 PM
There are things that I don't like about Gamestop (for one, the man cave used store atmosphere, I've been in adult stores nicer than gamestops. haha), but overall I tend to enjoy going there for games. Looking at everything is just so fun.
---
Rah.
#7OoSubaruoOPosted 1/3/2013 9:48:45 PM(edited)
Most of the vocal minority who hate Gamestop, assume every single one is the same as theirs. If you so much like the ones you shop at, someone half the time either calls you a fool for shopping there, or finds some other way to insult you.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#8nooitzbenPosted 1/3/2013 10:17:47 PM
Well there some people that don't know that GS throws out boxes/manuals of games that are $5 or less to save space on the shelf for the games that make more money. It's extremely anti video game thing to do for a video game store. The employees told me this the last time I was at a GS store. I think if you go check at a GS dumpster you'll find tons of video game related stuff they throw out.

Their used games are sometimes in bad condition. The worst I've seen during one of the last times I was there was that I saw some jam or jelly stuck on the box cases and looks they don't even bother to clean these cases. Very unsanitary and dirty and this is just a game store selling games not even a food store or a restaurant. Some of the games traded in are in bad condition with many scratches and some cases still have receipts from other stores and they don't bother to check what is in the cases.

They sell new games as opened already and I've heard they take out the DLC content or something like that. I think it's very bad to sell a new game that you opened. If it's opened and you have taken the DLC content out of the box then it is definitely not new.

You get nothing for the trade in values. Complete waste of games to trade it in there.

There are many times the employees try to sell me more than I came for like with there power up card bonus or some pre order of a game I don't even want or don't have any interest in.

Yet people unknowingly keep buying from GS. But hey it's their choice to support these types of business practices.
---
3ds XL FC = 4785 - 4272 -2005
#9360pagesPosted 1/3/2013 10:21:01 PM
It's only good if you buy things from them, selling things is worthless. 9$ for mass effect 3. I know it's old, but it's not that worthless. And no I didn't try yo sell it. I haven't sold any of my games for about two years now, rather keep them then get nothing for them.

But they are good if you're trying to find a old game to buy.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#10IAznDragonI YanPosted 1/3/2013 10:26:49 PM
why can't we just go in there, buy a game and leave without them pestering us about pre ordering this or signing up for their membership? hell, i don't even think funcoland did that crap back in the good old days
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.