I don't know why people bash all Gamestops...

#11darklinkfan55Posted 1/3/2013 9:28:51 PM
i been to over 20 gamestops in my area,... the only good one is like 40 min away X_X, i just avoid gs now :\
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~
#12Gamemaster64Posted 1/3/2013 9:29:38 PM
Add more to the list

They aren't very good with pre orders bonuses. For some reason game and pre order bonus are ship separately and had to come again a few times to get it. One time I had to go to a different GS to get mine since they don't know what they did with theirs.

You think open new game is bad? I had a PRE ORDER GUTTED!

Each purchase or pre order I had problems. I don't understand the purpose of gutting reprinted games and selling them used. Compare to the regular gutting they did a horrible job with these and gut right through the plastic and into the artwork. Getting an exchange for that was a choir.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#13Gogo726Posted 1/3/2013 9:37:40 PM
It can be good for a gamer on a budget. I bought Dragon's Dogma for $25, and Lost Odyseey for $10. Loving DD and can't wait to start LO.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#14theGirlyGamerPosted 1/3/2013 9:39:39 PM
I hate the one near my house with a passion. But other Gamestops I've been to have been awesome. A lot of people have had bad experiences at Gamestop, but that's not the case at every Gamestop. I still do 90% of my video game shopping at Gamestop, I just do it at locations that don't completely suck.
---
Friend code: 0404 - 5727 - 2798
Currently playing: Harvest Moon: A new Beginning, Style Savvy: Trendsetters, 999
#15AceMosPosted 1/3/2013 9:48:50 PM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
why can't we just go in there, buy a game and leave without them pestering us about pre ordering this or signing up for their membership? hell, i don't even think funcoland did that crap back in the good old days

why not complain when you order a pizza from pizza hut and they ask if you want any bread sticks or wings

or when you buy tires from a tire place and they tell you a deal that costs a bit more

ect ect

they are a BUSSINESS they do this to make money

i know ppl like you have never worked a day in your life and spit on the lower class but get your head out of your ass
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#16IAznDragonI YanPosted 1/3/2013 9:55:39 PM
i have worked and you don't know many people. you may know some but not all. hell i do complain as well as others. if we don't want to buy this or that no matter how good the deal is, then so be it. we just want our god damn games, food, tires. no extra crap.
=p
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#17DarkBlade2Posted 1/3/2013 10:09:55 PM
why can't we just go in there, buy a game and leave without them pestering us about pre ordering this or signing up for their membership? hell, i don't even think funcoland did that crap back in the good old days

You want to know why? It is all marketing. If you pre-order something at GameStop what do you have to do? Go back to GameStop to pick up the game you pre-ordered. But getting you to pre-order the company is guaranteeing you enter the store again.

And who knows maybe when you go in to get that pre-order you find that game you have been wanting right there in the pre-owned section. Boom more money for the company.

That is why I just ask, throw out a few titles just in case the person wasn't aware said titles were coming out soon and then if they say no I ring them up.
#18NeonYoshi11Posted 1/3/2013 10:14:17 PM
I've had about 50+ good experiences and literally 2 bad experiences and the Location definitely matters. Well...the people at the location but yea if a certain store is ran a certain way and everyone is nice, then all the employees usually will.

Try to go to the more populated ones.
#19kdognumba1Posted 1/3/2013 10:22:22 PM
Your experience at gamestop will change depending on the people in the store as different people will bring different experiences. I've been to the same gamestop location and had a teller that didn't talk at all so I was in and out, a teller who talked too much and was a uber fanboy, a teller that didn't know the first thing about games, a teller who was pushy with used games, and a teller who struck up a deep conversation with me about games.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#20IAznDragonI YanPosted 1/3/2013 10:29:56 PM

You want to know why? It is all marketing. If you pre-order something at GameStop what do you have to do? Go back to GameStop to pick up the game you pre-ordered. But getting you to pre-order the company is guaranteeing you enter the store again.

And who knows maybe when you go in to get that pre-order you find that game you have been wanting right there in the pre-owned section. Boom more money for the company.

That is why I just ask, throw out a few titles just in case the person wasn't aware said titles were coming out soon and then if they say no I ring them up.

yeah i know it's all "marketing" but what if they never do that? you wouldn't be annoyed by them pestering you about pre ordering a game you aren't interested in.
---
Tu fui, ego eris
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.