I don't know why people bash all Gamestops...

#41CrimsonRoyalPosted 1/4/2013 10:15:04 AM
darklinkfan55 posted...
most keep on insisting over here where i am at , it feels like a hassle going into the store trying to buy something.... even after saying no, they ask are you sure so many times X_X

What I do is just ignore them. I take out my phone and act busy until they decide to shut up. The look on their faces are lol worthy :D Some employees who recognize me don't even pester me anymore.
#42OoSubaruoOPosted 1/4/2013 10:24:33 AM
jordandrako posted...
Gamestop will only offer $40 for a Mint condition 3DS. No, Gamestop is not a good company.

Every single retailer in existence would only offer you $40-$80 for a mint condition 3DS. You want more cash? Sell it online.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#43_Izanagi_Posted 1/4/2013 10:26:43 AM
$80 is a lot different than $40. But of course, Gamestop always has Subaruo's shield when it's under attack.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
I really wish I had a device that could punch people on the Internet.
#44SuperrpgmanPosted 1/5/2013 12:02:52 AM(edited)
BTW, Eric made this topic, but has yet to reply to anyone. That's a troll move, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, even though I I feel otherwise.

---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#45Eric_Corona(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 12:04:16 AM
Superrpgman posted...
BTW, Eric made this topic, but has yet to reply to anyone. That's a troll move, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, even though I I feel otherwise.

Actually, I didn't expect this topic to get so many replies. And trying to reply to everything isn't something I can do.
---
"So...what's it gonna be? Will you choose to ally?
...Or to betray?"
#46parKb5Posted 1/5/2013 7:02:48 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
why can't we just go in there, buy a game and leave without them pestering us about pre ordering this or signing up for their membership? hell, i don't even think funcoland did that crap back in the good old days

You mean to tell me that Funcoland DIDN'T go out of their way to sell you things and SOMEHOW went out of business? Yet you don't understand why GameStop doesn't follow that same setup?

Don't get me wrong, I do feel there are many things that can be complained about regarding GameStop, but not this. This is something that any successful store does.

Yeah, notice all the other game shops have gone out of business in my area. Game Stop is the only one left because of this practice. Plus, if the employees DIDN'T bother you, they would be out of jobs. Each employee has to get "x" amount of memberships and "x" amount of pre-orders every week or they are out on their asses.

If "pestering" a bunch of kids in the store meant that you get to keep making money, you'd do the same thing.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#47aamotPosted 1/5/2013 7:17:57 AM
It's because people complain about bad experiences more often than they share good ones, and being a gaming board, many of us are more inclined to visit GameStop, a gaming store.

People complain so they can gain pity or sympathy for bad experiences; good experiences are reward in and of itself. "In and of itself"? I've never actually used that phrase before, so it might not be used correctly lol. It doesn't look right.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#48Anubis-RebornPosted 1/5/2013 7:40:16 AM
It never ceases to amaze me, but even within Gamestop there are plenty of stores that Employee's hate. Some stores would rather take in every broken game as perfect and send it around to make others look bad. Alot of Gamestops Suck,But alot more don't.

And that Pre-order thing yea we get chewed out about it, But at the same time at least at my store we'd rather not annoy customers, you want to pre-order something sweet, if not cool. You don't have a card that's cool.
---
Return That Life To God
#4921_21Posted 1/5/2013 8:28:19 AM
Wtf!? When I went to Gametop yesterday to ask for a new Code of Princess, they just give me a case booklet slapped with "New" onto it. This is really stupid. How is Gamestop allowed to take off plastic?
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#50parKb5Posted 1/5/2013 9:04:26 AM
21_21 posted...
Wtf!? When I went to Gametop yesterday to ask for a new Code of Princess, they just give me a case booklet slapped with "New" onto it. This is really stupid. How is Gamestop allowed to take off plastic?

I've never understood that either. Best Buy puts the games in hard plastic cases to deter thieves. If GameStop just put one of each game in a clear plastic case and display just one copy of each game it would reduce all the complaints about paying full price for a gutted copy.

GameStop says that it would cost too much money, but every other electronics store puts each and every copy of every game in its own plastic case and somehow manages to make a profit. I don't understand how GameStop can't afford to place one copy of each game in a plastic case, I am sure it would boost sales, too, because I know as a rule unless I pre-order or am planning to buy used, I never buy a new game at GameStop because somehow I always wind up with a gutted copy.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg