I don't know why people bash all Gamestops...

#5121_21Posted 1/5/2013 9:27:41 AM
Yeah I mean, now that I think about it, all my games from gamestop that are in plastic is because I got them through pre-ordering. Thank god I did that.

Same thing happened with Pikmin 2. I bought it new on the day or released, only to get a gutted copy with a sticker slapped "New" onto it. I gave it back and went to Best Buy instead to buy it.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#52legionofpancakePosted 1/5/2013 9:35:58 AM
Yeah, I've never had a single problem with any of the GameStops in my town. The employees are great people and I get along with them very well. Sometimes I'll go in to one of them just to talk and they're perfectly OK with that. I've always been able to find what I want, yadda yadda, blah blah.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#53Darkstorm16Posted 1/5/2013 10:04:27 AM
About the only thing good I like about my Gamestop is it's perfect to find Semi-Rare games. They don't get new games like they used to...especially with the 3ds around. After the New Super Mario Bros. issue unless I cant find a new at any other store I'll go there, but I rather buy from other places. Some of their "Used" games are too up there where your better off getting "New" where as some are reasonable. The only thing I don't like is they toss out the boxes, or they can sell used and mark it as "New" I bought a few used and I wish I could've gotten boxes for them because I couldnt find the game new anywhere else.
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#54prinnylord1Posted 1/5/2013 10:55:33 AM
parKb5 posted...
21_21 posted...
Wtf!? When I went to Gametop yesterday to ask for a new Code of Princess, they just give me a case booklet slapped with "New" onto it. This is really stupid. How is Gamestop allowed to take off plastic?

I've never understood that either. Best Buy puts the games in hard plastic cases to deter thieves. If GameStop just put one of each game in a clear plastic case and display just one copy of each game it would reduce all the complaints about paying full price for a gutted copy.

GameStop says that it would cost too much money, but every other electronics store puts each and every copy of every game in its own plastic case and somehow manages to make a profit. I don't understand how GameStop can't afford to place one copy of each game in a plastic case, I am sure it would boost sales, too, because I know as a rule unless I pre-order or am planning to buy used, I never buy a new game at GameStop because somehow I always wind up with a gutted copy.

You relize if they just left the case with the game on the shelf anybody could just walk up and take it right? That's why they gut em, and bag them so desprate people won't steal them. Heck the guy near the gamestop I work at confirmed that people would steal cases thinking there's something in them so they took the manuels out the new copies too its kinda like when people steal giftcards that airn't activated. And to the people complaining about being asked to preorder or to buy this or that its part of their job as someone said already like if you go to wal-mart and buy something expensive you more than likely will be asked if you want a service plan or a replacement plan

Tl;dr version: belive it or don't people will steal empty cases beliving there's games in them and don't hate people trying to keep their jobs
---
A great game doesn't need "fancy voices" and "mindblowing graphics"
PSN stckman1 SSBB FC 0817-5697-7516
#5521_21Posted 1/5/2013 11:02:03 AM(edited)
prinnylord1 posted...
You relize if they just left the case with the game on the shelf anybody could just walk up and take it right? That's why they gut em, and bag them so desprate people won't steal them. Heck the guy near the gamestop I work at confirmed that people would steal cases thinking there's something in them so they took the manuels out the new copies too its kinda like when people steal giftcards that airn't activated. And to the people complaining about being asked to preorder or to buy this or that its part of their job as someone said already like if you go to wal-mart and buy something expensive you more than likely will be asked if you want a service plan or a replacement plan

Tl;dr version: belive it or don't people will steal empty cases beliving there's games in them and don't hate people trying to keep their jobs

I think you missed the part where parkb5 did say Gamestop should buy hard plastic enclosement to put the displayed games into so that stealing wouldn't occur, since that is what stores like Walmart and Best Buy do. In fact, that was the whole basis for his post. I have no idea how you missed that. Go read it again. Of course Gamestop isn't immune to these types of things, but neither is Best Buy, Target, etc., and the latter group is certainly not dumb enough to think taking out the plastic, games, etc is the only solution.
---
Currently playing:
#56prinnylord1Posted 1/5/2013 11:18:55 AM
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...

I think you missed the part where parkb5 did say Gamestop should buy hard plastic enclosement to put the displayed games into so that stealing wouldn't occur, since that is what stores like Walmart and Best Buy do. In fact, that was the whole basis for his post. I have no idea how you missed that. Go read it again. Of course Gamestop isn't immune to these types of things, but neither is Best Buy, Target, etc., and the latter group is certainly not dumb enough to think taking out the plastic, games, etc is the only solution.

You know that may not help right? Even with the cover people still steal from our wal-mart EVEN though the nearest police station is a block away , heck a couple guys almost got away with a whole 42 inch HD TV (I think they did...)it'd be even easier to grab and dash from gamestop since its smaller and can't give chase and opening them is pretty easy so they may or maynot have any effect other than they get a game instead of an empty case
---
#5721_21Posted 1/5/2013 11:35:21 AM(edited)
prinnylord1 posted...
You know that may not help right? Even with the cover people still steal from our wal-mart EVEN though the nearest police station is a block away , heck a couple guys almost got away with a whole 42 inch HD TV (I think they did...)it'd be even easier to grab and dash from gamestop since its smaller and can't give chase and opening them is pretty easy so they may or maynot have any effect other than they get a game instead of an empty case

>_> Even if what you said was true, how the hell does that make the case for making the copies gutted any better? Besides, you're being too paranoid. Stealing is rampant, of course, but you're exaggerating the occurrence rate here. The next thing I know you probably don't go outside your house because you're afraid you might get shot or an airplane might crash into you.

So far, I haven't seen or read any thievery that happened with gamestop or any other retailers, let alone happening in the stores I go to, and no one is going to be dumb enough to steal games that are covered in hard plastic only to have a hard time opening it....

That's like saying all restaurants should have bullet-proof glass from now on just because you read an article somewhere that a gunshot occurred at such a place.

P.S. Your police station must downright suck if they can't even prevent thievery occurring a block away...
---
Currently playing:
#58prinnylord1Posted 1/5/2013 2:06:02 PM
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...

>_> Even if what you said was true, how the hell does that make the case for making the copies gutted any better? Besides, you're being too paranoid. Stealing is rampant, of course, but you're exaggerating the occurrence rate here. The next thing I know you probably don't go outside your house because you're afraid you might get shot or an airplane might crash into you.

So far, I haven't seen or read any thievery that happened with gamestop or any other retailers, let alone happening in the stores I go to, and no one is going to be dumb enough to steal games that are covered in hard plastic only to have a hard time opening it....

That's like saying all restaurants should have bullet-proof glass from now on just because you read an article somewhere that a gunshot occurred at such a place.

P.S. Your police station must downright suck if they can't even prevent thievery occurring a block away...

So what's the difference between gutted and factory sealed? You still get the game, and instructions which I can only understand someone being upset if they're a collector otherwise your just getting the same thing in a plastic baggy. Not being paranoid, I work at wal-mart its happened may of times the only thing that'll happen is they'll get a buzzer and keep going and we can't assume they taken something.

P.S.S. From what I've heard they planned it out, two guys get the TV. One get away driver etc.
---
#59Makeveli_livesPosted 1/5/2013 2:43:11 PM
parKb5 posted...
21_21 posted...
Wtf!? When I went to Gametop yesterday to ask for a new Code of Princess, they just give me a case booklet slapped with "New" onto it. This is really stupid. How is Gamestop allowed to take off plastic?

I've never understood that either. Best Buy puts the games in hard plastic cases to deter thieves. If GameStop just put one of each game in a clear plastic case and display just one copy of each game it would reduce all the complaints about paying full price for a gutted copy.

GameStop says that it would cost too much money, but every other electronics store puts each and every copy of every game in its own plastic case and somehow manages to make a profit. I don't understand how GameStop can't afford to place one copy of each game in a plastic case, I am sure it would boost sales, too, because I know as a rule unless I pre-order or am planning to buy used, I never buy a new game at GameStop because somehow I always wind up with a gutted copy.

Because best buy gets a ton of profit from everything else they sell in the store. They wouldn't waste money on cases either if all they had to sell we're games
#60r7gerrabbitPosted 1/5/2013 2:51:09 PM
I don't care about specific stores. The organization as a whole is scummy and not worth supporting with my dollars.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif