I don't know why people bash all Gamestops...

#61_Izanagi_Posted 1/5/2013 2:06:42 PM
prinnylord1 posted...
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...
You know that may not help right? Even with the cover people still steal from our wal-mart EVEN though the nearest police station is a block away , heck a couple guys almost got away with a whole 42 inch HD TV (I think they did...)it'd be even easier to grab and dash from gamestop since its smaller and can't give chase and opening them is pretty easy so they may or maynot have any effect other than they get a game instead of an empty case

>_> Even if what you said was true, how the hell does that make the case for making the copies gutted any better? Besides, you're being too paranoid. Stealing is rampant, of course, but you're exaggerating the occurrence rate here. The next thing I know you probably don't go outside your house because you're afraid you might get shot or an airplane might crash into you.

So far, I haven't seen or read any thievery that happened with gamestop or any other retailers, let alone happening in the stores I go to, and no one is going to be dumb enough to steal games that are covered in hard plastic only to have a hard time opening it....

That's like saying all restaurants should have bullet-proof glass from now on just because you read an article somewhere that a gunshot occurred at such a place.

P.S. Your police station must downright suck if they can't even prevent thievery occurring a block away...

So what's the difference between gutted and factory sealed? You still get the game, and instructions which I can only understand someone being upset if they're a collector otherwise your just getting the same thing in a plastic baggy. Not being paranoid, I work at wal-mart its happened may of times the only thing that'll happen is they'll get a buzzer and keep going and we can't assume they taken something.

P.S.S. From what I've heard they planned it out, two guys get the TV. One get away driver etc.

The difference is that it has filthy, slimy stickers on the case, the game could possibly be used because employees can rent even new games overnight if they're from a gutted game, and if there are codes, dlc, or any other extras in the case, they will 100% be gone. I know from experience.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
I really wish I had a device that could punch people on the Internet.
#6221_21Posted 1/5/2013 2:16:25 PM
prinnylord1 posted...
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...
You know that may not help right? Even with the cover people still steal from our wal-mart EVEN though the nearest police station is a block away , heck a couple guys almost got away with a whole 42 inch HD TV (I think they did...)it'd be even easier to grab and dash from gamestop since its smaller and can't give chase and opening them is pretty easy so they may or maynot have any effect other than they get a game instead of an empty case

>_> Even if what you said was true, how the hell does that make the case for making the copies gutted any better? Besides, you're being too paranoid. Stealing is rampant, of course, but you're exaggerating the occurrence rate here. The next thing I know you probably don't go outside your house because you're afraid you might get shot or an airplane might crash into you.

So far, I haven't seen or read any thievery that happened with gamestop or any other retailers, let alone happening in the stores I go to, and no one is going to be dumb enough to steal games that are covered in hard plastic only to have a hard time opening it....

That's like saying all restaurants should have bullet-proof glass from now on just because you read an article somewhere that a gunshot occurred at such a place.

P.S. Your police station must downright suck if they can't even prevent thievery occurring a block away...

So what's the difference between gutted and factory sealed? You still get the game, and instructions which I can only understand someone being upset if they're a collector otherwise your just getting the same thing in a plastic baggy. Not being paranoid, I work at wal-mart its happened may of times the only thing that'll happen is they'll get a buzzer and keep going and we can't assume they taken something.

P.S.S. From what I've heard they planned it out, two guys get the TV. One get away driver etc.

You want to know what difference it is? The difference is that it might as well be used for all we know. Honestly, just imagine two people at Gamestop buying the same game, but one of them wants to buy it new and the other used. When they both get what they asked for, you'll notice no difference between one slapped with "new" sticker and one slapped with "Used" sticker. The person who paid for used faced the lesser of the penalty here...

P.S.S.S. Once again. Sucks for you because you must live in a really bad neighborhood to see that occurrence....
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#63ljobenzaPosted 1/5/2013 2:22:33 PM
So Gamestop is exactly like every other chain store in the world. It has bad ones and it has good ones.

The problem here is that people are accentuating the negatives.
#64KurizakaPosted 1/5/2013 2:41:13 PM
That's awesome, TC. I have had my share of frustrations with Gamestop and only shop at one location near me now. It's definitely not my favorite place to shop though. I prefer Hastings.
#65_Izanagi_Posted 1/5/2013 2:52:21 PM
ljobenza posted...
So Gamestop is exactly like every other chain store in the world. It has bad ones and it has good ones.

The problem here is that people are accentuating the negatives.

No, it doesn't. It only has bad ones.
---
#66OoSubaruoOPosted 1/5/2013 3:05:55 PM
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...

You want to know what difference it is? The difference is that it might as well be used for all we know. Honestly, just imagine two people at Gamestop buying the same game, but one of them wants to buy it new and the other used. When they both get what they asked for, you'll notice no difference between one slapped with "new" sticker and one slapped with "Used" sticker. The person who paid for used faced the lesser of the penalty here...

P.S.S.S. Once again. Sucks for you because you must live in a really bad neighborhood to see that occurrence....

You do know those are for display only right? They aren't actually meant to be sold, unless it's their last copy. Anyone smart enough wouldn't even buy it to begin with, but people do just to complain.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#67prinnylord1Posted 1/5/2013 3:16:43 PM
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...

Now that's being paranoid

P.S.S.S.S Not really a bad neighborhood people are friendly and everyone once in a blue moon the cops get called because someone was cought, but as you know people now adays are pretty desprate, broke, don't care and 9/10 get cought the other guys were prepared.and organized and I did hear something about them recoving a broken TV but that was like 2 years ago around the end of the year...
---
A great game doesn't need "fancy voices" and "mindblowing graphics"
PSN stckman1 SSBB FC 0817-5697-7516
#68_Izanagi_Posted 1/5/2013 3:48:59 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...
21_21 posted...
prinnylord1 posted...

You do know those are for display only right? They aren't actually meant to be sold, unless it's their last copy. Anyone smart enough wouldn't even buy it to begin with, but people do just to complain.

Most stores have many more than one gutted copy. One store had 6 gutted copies of MW3 PS3. One had 10 gutted copies of Skyrim PS3. These were gutted new ones, not used. Try again.
---
#69Trunks 2003Posted 1/5/2013 4:01:45 PM
honestly i buy gutted copies of games from my gamestop all the time and it's like they never been touched. Just stored in one of there big drawers behind the counter. it probably all depends on who works there and if i would have a problem i would take it back for a full refund if they did not have another copy to give me. i also dont care if the full refund was in store credit.
---
BTW, if you don't care for the topic, please refrain from posting in it.
#7021_21Posted 1/5/2013 4:03:56 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...

Bulls***. I bought Pikmin 2 ON ITS LAUNCH DAY and I still got gutted copy from them. You can't tell me they quickly ran out of all their "new" copies before I arrived there.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited