I don't know why people bash all Gamestops...

#81SquirrelettePosted 1/5/2013 9:34:41 PM
ljobenza posted...
So Gamestop is exactly like every other chain store in the world. It has bad ones and it has good ones.

The problem here is that people are accentuating the negatives.

No, GS *isn't* like every other chain store in the world. They open new products, tag them as "New" and sell them for full price. Name ONE other retailer that does that? If something is opened, it's no longer "New" and every other retailer tags it as such and sells it at a discount. They have to to prevent theft? How come Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Kmart, Sears and Toys R Us manage to sell plenty of games without doing it?

Not to mention that these supposedly "New" games are often found to have been USED. The last time I reluctantly bought their "last copy" of something, I got it home to find faint scrape marks on the cart contacts. New? I don't think so.
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#82_Izanagi_Posted 1/6/2013 12:51:49 AM
I said this once and I'll say it again. When you work at Gamestop you get put in a machine that makes you a drone that can only follow Gamestop's orders. You defend Gamestop and everything they stand for. Even after you get fired (being a drone, you can't quit) you're still that way. That's why Subaruo has his "special problems."
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
I really wish I had a device that could punch people on the Internet.
#83LunarRoarPosted 1/6/2013 1:03:08 AM
A few bad apples always ruin the bushel. Not all Gamestops are bad, but you hear enough of the vocal minority and the reputation becomes just.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#84_Izanagi_Posted 1/6/2013 1:59:15 AM(edited)
LunarRoar posted...
A few bad apples always ruin the bushel.

Yeah, and then you have Gamestop, whose bushel is filled to the brim with rotten, worm ridden apples, which have been poisoned by an evil witch.
---
#85NathanisDrakePosted 1/6/2013 1:57:04 AM
_Izanagi_ posted...
LunarRoar posted...

Yeah, and then you have Gamestop, whose bushel is filled to the brim with rotten, worm ridden apples, which have poisoned by an evil witch.

Horrible grammar aside, it seems that you're speaking out of anger, not the truth.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iGtSX.png http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#86_Izanagi_Posted 1/6/2013 2:01:27 AM
NathanisDrake posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...
LunarRoar posted...

Yeah, and then you have Gamestop, whose bushel is filled to the brim with rotten, worm ridden apples, which have poisoned by an evil witch.

Horrible grammar aside, it seems that you're speaking out of anger, not the truth.

Forgot a word. But no. Gamestop has been pulling this stuff for so many years, the anger is gone. It's all just pure truth now. Like I said, there are at least 7 Gamestops relatively near me, and all of them pull this stuff. So I think I can safely say that Gamestop as a whole, is a vile company.
---
#87LunarRoarPosted 1/6/2013 2:20:05 AM(edited)
_Izanagi_ posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...
LunarRoar posted...

Forgot a word. But no. Gamestop has been pulling this stuff for so many years, the anger is gone. It's all just pure truth now. Like I said, there are at least 7 Gamestops relatively near me, and all of them pull this stuff. So I think I can safely say that Gamestop as a whole, is a vile company.

It's somewhat sad to see someone reach a point where their relative experiences have led them to construct an idea and so boldly label it "the truth." I've been to over ten different Gamestops in my lifetime, all of which have been nothing less than pleasant. See how easy that is?
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#88_Izanagi_Posted 1/6/2013 2:50:15 AM
LunarRoar posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...
LunarRoar posted...

It's somewhat sad to see someone reach a point where their relative experiences have led them to construct an idea and so boldly label it "the truth." I've been to over ten different Gamestops in my lifetime, all of which have been nothing less than pleasant. See how easy that is?

I'm sure you've had pleasant experiances. But that means nothing. For I'm sure that you've experienced pushy preorders and gutted games. If that doesn't bother you, then you can say you've had pleasant experiences. But every Gamestop does it, for I've been to well over 20 Gamestops in different states and all of them are that way.
---
#89Gam3r777Posted 1/6/2013 2:58:44 AM
We don't bash all Gamestops, it's just 99% of them treat their customers like garbage. Harassing us to buy crap we don't want, waiting in line for friggin ever to check out, bugging us to preorder stuff, selling opened cases as "new", etc. There' s plenty of reasons to bash Gamestop.
#90parKb5Posted 1/6/2013 6:16:07 AM
Gam3r777 posted...
We don't bash all Gamestops, it's just 99% of them treat their customers like garbage. Harassing us to buy crap we don't want, waiting in line for friggin ever to check out, bugging us to preorder stuff, selling opened cases as "new", etc. There' s plenty of reasons to bash Gamestop.

I don't mind the pre-orders, they are just doing their jobs, but I do mind the gutted games. They should at least give it to you at the used price since it is technically open.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg