I don't know why people bash all Gamestops...

#91PyjamaHeroPosted 1/6/2013 7:47:49 AM
AceMos posted...
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
why can't we just go in there, buy a game and leave without them pestering us about pre ordering this or signing up for their membership? hell, i don't even think funcoland did that crap back in the good old days

why not complain when you order a pizza from pizza hut and they ask if you want any bread sticks or wings

or when you buy tires from a tire place and they tell you a deal that costs a bit more

ect ect

they are a BUSSINESS they do this to make money

i know ppl like you have never worked a day in your life and spit on the lower class but get your head out of your ass

Your analogy falls flat because they don't bother you for five minutes after you tell them no. Most companies go for the upsell and when the customer says no they stop pestering them, not so GameStop. You get an array of "are you sure?" and "but it's saving you money!" or "it's almost completely free..." even if they saw you yesterday and you turned the pitch down then. I can agree with the sentiment in this thread that not all game stops are created equal, but I've been to many where the upsell is very aggressive and extremely annoying.
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
#92parKb5Posted 1/6/2013 8:30:36 AM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
why can't we just go in there, buy a game and leave without them pestering us about pre ordering this or signing up for their membership? hell, i don't even think funcoland did that crap back in the good old days

I remember Funcoland used to sell their new games at least $5.00 higher than everyone else. Funcoland was only good for selling and buying used games which you couldn't do anywhere else at the time. I used to like the fact that they had price lists right there that you could look through to see how much you would get for selling your game to them without having to ask an employee.

But as a rule you never bought new at Funcoland unless you were selling old games to pay for it.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#93LunarRoarPosted 1/6/2013 10:58:20 AM
_Izanagi_ posted...
I'm sure you've had pleasant experiances. But that means nothing. For I'm sure that you've experienced pushy preorders and gutted games. If that doesn't bother you, then you can say you've had pleasant experiences. But every Gamestop does it, for I've been to well over 20 Gamestops in different states and all of them are that way.

And by that standing, the fact that you've had negative experiences means nothing at all just as well. If you know the product and know how to handle a high schooler behind a cash register, you're guaranteed to walk in and walk out without any complications. Everyone in retail has a script, not just Gamestop employees.

Gam3r777 posted...
We don't bash all Gamestops, it's just 99% of them treat their customers like garbage. Harassing us to buy crap we don't want, waiting in line for friggin ever to check out, bugging us to preorder stuff, selling opened cases as "new", etc. There' s plenty of reasons to bash Gamestop.

99% my ass, don't go making up numbers.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#94JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/6/2013 12:54:36 PM
Most try selling "gutted" copies at brand new price instead of used.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PSN PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS FC: 0817-3804-7210
#95_Izanagi_Posted 1/6/2013 7:16:10 PM
LunarRoar posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...
I'm sure you've had pleasant experiances. But that means nothing. For I'm sure that you've experienced pushy preorders and gutted games. If that doesn't bother you, then you can say you've had pleasant experiences. But every Gamestop does it, for I've been to well over 20 Gamestops in different states and all of them are that way.

And by that standing, the fact that you've had negative experiences means nothing at all just as well. If you know the product and know how to handle a high schooler behind a cash register, you're guaranteed to walk in and walk out without any complications. Everyone in retail has a script, not just Gamestop employees.

Perhaps, but a positive and negative experience is relative. The issue is not if you're bothered or not. The issue is that they are doing something they should not be doing. They should not be gutting games and they should not be pushing preorders on us when we have told them to stop. Positive and negative experiences do not matter. Without a doubt, Gamestop is doing something fundamentally wrong. And sure, everyone in retail has a script. Gamestop just has the worst one anyone has ever seen.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
I really wish I had a device that could punch people on the Internet.
#96GreenoLinkPosted 1/6/2013 8:12:41 PM
All GameStops I live near are really great! I just love browsing the games they have and see what deals they have. Plus, they always have the occasional deals.
#97_Izanagi_Posted 1/7/2013 5:25:30 PM
GreenoLink posted...
All GameStops I live near are really great! I just love browsing the games they have

BS.

and see what deals they have. Plus, they always have the occasional deals.

See, now that's clearly BS. Gamestop haven't had deals since they went from being EB Games to Gamestop.

You see, it's called that for a reason. Gamestop. GameStop. Game Stop. Stop the games.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
I really wish I had a device that could punch people on the Internet.
#98ecco6t9Posted 1/7/2013 5:47:50 PM
Honestly if people ask for a discount nicely and sweetly you would probably get it.

Granted they/we may not discount a copy of Mario or Pokemon but something that has been sitting around a bit or something that has niche appeal might get discounted.

Not if someone stands there and demands a discount or gets all huffy and puffy about it being gutted you probably will not get a discount.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#99SuperrpgmanPosted 1/7/2013 7:23:57 PM
ecco6t9 posted...
Honestly if people ask for a discount nicely and sweetly you would probably get it.

Granted they/we may not discount a copy of Mario or Pokemon but something that has been sitting around a bit or something that has niche appeal might get discounted.

Not if someone stands there and demands a discount or gets all huffy and puffy about it being gutted you probably will not get a discount.

You base this on WHAT exactly?
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#100mountainmohawkPosted 1/8/2013 12:02:27 AM
Wanna make a topic that is guaranteed to make it past 100 posts?

Just say GameStop.
---
3DS friend code: (4983-4966-3074),
PSN: mountainmohawk, 360: m0untainm0hawk