Not downloading games.

#11Bass50(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 9:40:01 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
You have the error codes and you're here instead of googling them or looking on Nintendo's website? What is this I don't even...

I did google them and go to the website; multiple times. I spent about two and half hours scouring the web, looking at various topics across various forums where people were having the same problem as me, some from a year ago and the main response to this problem was to call Nintendo, even from the website itself. I just wanted to see if there was something I could do before resorting to that or if there was something affecting the eShop and it was just a matter of waiting and trying again later.

As for the matter of my connection, it's steady. I've had no problems with the Wi-Fi in the past for any of my DS games and as I mentioned I was able to download a few things last month with no trouble at all. I'm about to try downloading Denpa Men again; hopefully it was just a matter of waiting and trying again later.
#12Bass50(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 9:57:12 AM
It was just a matter of waiting and trying again later. My thanks to everyone who offered suggestions without being a jerk about.
#13n00bsaib0tPosted 1/5/2013 4:01:50 AM
I did google them and go to the website; multiple times. I spent about two and half hours scouring the web, looking at various topics across various forums where people were having the same problem as me, some from a year ago and the main response to this problem was to call Nintendo, even from the website itself. I just wanted to see if there was something I could do before resorting to that or if there was something affecting the eShop and it was just a matter of waiting and trying again later.

See, I would consider this something to put in the original post. Stating that you tried to help yourself but couldn't find the answer helps some people (like me) want to help you out.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#14Bass50(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 3:01:02 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

See, I would consider this something to put in the original post. Stating that you tried to help yourself but couldn't find the answer helps some people (like me) want to help you out.

Oh, so it's completely alright to talk down to someone when you think they didn't try to help themselves beforehand? Forgive me, I didn't know I had to mention looking for a solution to my problem before making a topic here to prevent someone from coming into a topic I posted, asking for any sort of help just to pretty much tell me "**** off and do a Google search". Granted, those weren't your exact words, but that was pretty much the message you were sending by posting just to chide me because you thought I didn't Google the error codes first.

If I ever post about another problem in the future, I'll remember to go into a detailed description of what I did every minute the problem persisted just for you.
#15keyblader1985Posted 1/7/2013 3:53:05 PM
Oh, so it's completely alright to talk down to someone when you think they didn't try to help themselves beforehand?

Actually, yes. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who ask for help without putting in any effort of their own beforehand. It's especially annoying when it's a simple problem.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#16Bass50(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 4:02:25 PM
keyblader1985 posted...
Oh, so it's completely alright to talk down to someone when you think they didn't try to help themselves beforehand?

Actually, yes. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who ask for help without putting in any effort of their own beforehand. It's especially annoying when it's a simple problem.

And it's so difficult for someone to offer a possible solution/answer instead of being a jerk? So, can I chide homeless people for being homeless when they don't make an effort to remedy that? Wow, I didn't know a perfectly acceptable response to someone asking for help was telling them to "do it yourself, you bum". Thank you for enlightening me.

And yes, I would believe it. I've dealt with it plenty of times and didn't chide someone for it without offering a possible solution/answer or at least providing a link to one. Going into a topic just to berate someone for asking for help is a pretty **** move, by the way. Why post if you're just going to be an *** and not be helpful in the slightest?
#17keyblader1985Posted 1/7/2013 4:08:37 PM
Calm down, bro. Posting just to insult someone isn't exactly nice, but at least in the context it would be understandable. And some people choose to actively not help those who obviously didn't try on their own to send a message: if you don't at least try to do it on your own, you shouldn't dump your problems on someone else. I can't remember the last time I made a help topic without trying to find a solution on my own, and that's all I ask from other people.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#18Bass50(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 4:25:44 PM
keyblader1985 posted...
Calm down, bro. Posting just to insult someone isn't exactly nice, but at least in the context it would be understandable. And some people choose to actively not help those who obviously didn't try on their own to send a message: if you don't at least try to do it on your own, you shouldn't dump your problems on someone else. I can't remember the last time I made a help topic without trying to find a solution on my own, and that's all I ask from other people.

By your logic, it'd be okay for me to go into any topic asking a question just to tell the OP too quit being lazy and try to figure it out themselves before posting. It's much easier to post on a board dedicated to the product/software the question is about, reasoning that someone will know something; especially if it's problem that may be affecting them too instead of spending an hour and a half scouring the web for answers. For those who do scour the web for answers, it's reasonable that when they do post, they don't feel required to list every step they took just to avoid being insulted for asking for help. Unless one should assume that the people who frequent said board have no intention of being helpful or that they are vastly outnumbered by people who don't want to help and will chide those ask for help?

Also, if someone isn't going to help, why bother posting? The only reason a person who does not intend to be helpful would is to be an ***, posting just to insult someone.