Pokemon News Coming On January 8th Says Teaser

#11iammaxhailmePosted 1/4/2013 6:30:01 AM
My money's on ranger or something that I dont' care about :(
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#12abbyhitterPosted 1/4/2013 6:34:10 AM
R/S remakes for 3DS!
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#13CAPSARPosted 1/4/2013 6:56:45 AM
Maybe it's a 3DS remake of the original two generations smashed together into one game. Once you go through R/B/Y you unlock the Johto region and go through similar to what Ash did in the anime. It would also come with DLC that would be the long awaited R/S/E remakes. But that's all probably just a pipe dream.

More realistically I'm going to say Generation VI, it would fit with with timing from when we saw Geneartion V come out.
---
Pokemon White FC 2279 9001 8467
#14CapeMikePosted 1/4/2013 7:13:38 AM
I'll gladly stand corrected if I'm wrong, but I just get a gut feeling it won't be a Gen 6 announcement....

My primary reasoning being that we've only recently seen the release of the Pokedex 3D Pro, which seems to prove that the 3DS is more than capable of handling a Colosseum-styled game(visuals, animations, Poke-data, and spoken dialogue)...and I know a lot of people who've been wanting one on the 3DS...; makes sense to me that it'd be the next game in the meta-series announced!

:)
---
Pokemon White FC: 5071 3347 8384
#15Dark_Link92Posted 1/4/2013 7:20:42 AM
I would like Gen 6, but I'd be ok with R/S remakes too. I would also absolutely love Red/Blue eShop ports with Infrared trading added, but it would never happen.
I realistically expect it to be a more high-profile spinoff, a gen 6 Pokemon silhouette, or a new movie announcement.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#16Solar_CrimsonPosted 1/4/2013 7:28:35 AM
I'll gladly stand corrected if I'm wrong, but I just get a gut feeling it won't be a Gen 6 announcement....

My primary reasoning being that we've only recently seen the release of the Pokedex 3D Pro, which seems to prove that the 3DS is more than capable of handling a Colosseum-styled game(visuals, animations, Poke-data, and spoken dialogue)...and I know a lot of people who've been wanting one on the 3DS...; makes sense to me that it'd be the next game in the meta-series announced!

Well, Game Freak themselves have said that they intend to stick with sprites, since it offers more artistic freedom than models do. At least, until they can get models to work. Pokedex 3D [Pro], to my knowledge, was developed by Creatures, not Game Freak.

The main reasons behind me and many people believing that Gen.VI is on its way are:
1. The rate at which the secret Legendaries were revealed was much faster than seen before.
2. The release of the 3DS; from the sound of the Iwata Asks interview, it seems like Game Freak was pushing it when they released BW2 on the DS. Nintendo is trying to phase out the DS and focus on the 3DS, especially now with the financial roll it's on. Making the first mainline Pokemon game on the 3DS a game of the current generation would not make too much sense, due to it lowering hype for the 6th Gen, AND the DS and 3Ds using different and incompatible wifi infrastructures.
3. The current saga of anime looks to be wrapping up; since it takes quite a while to make even one episode, the anime producers are usually in the know of the developments of new Pokemon games, so that they'll have enough time to make and release the episodes on time. Notably, the Unova League is almost done, though the next are "Episode N" will likely be filler to take up time until it's time for Ash and Pikachu to leave Unova and head for the next region.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#17Mugen_WingPosted 1/4/2013 7:51:59 AM
If it is gen 6, will we finally get the fire lion starter I've dreamed about? Kidding, but still interested for Tuesday.
---
TILL ALL ARE ONE!!!
#18CapeMikePosted 1/4/2013 7:54:36 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...

Well, Game Freak themselves have said that they intend to stick with sprites, since it offers more artistic freedom than models do. At least, until they can get models to work. Pokedex 3D [Pro], to my knowledge, was developed by Creatures, not Game Freak.

The main reasons behind me and many people believing that Gen.VI is on its way are:
1. The rate at which the secret Legendaries were revealed was much faster than seen before.
2. The release of the 3DS; from the sound of the Iwata Asks interview, it seems like Game Freak was pushing it when they released BW2 on the DS. Nintendo is trying to phase out the DS and focus on the 3DS, especially now with the financial roll it's on. Making the first mainline Pokemon game on the 3DS a game of the current generation would not make too much sense, due to it lowering hype for the 6th Gen, AND the DS and 3Ds using different and incompatible wifi infrastructures.
3. The current saga of anime looks to be wrapping up; since it takes quite a while to make even one episode, the anime producers are usually in the know of the developments of new Pokemon games, so that they'll have enough time to make and release the episodes on time. Notably, the Unova League is almost done, though the next are "Episode N" will likely be filler to take up time until it's time for Ash and Pikachu to leave Unova and head for the next region.

O.k., point 2 makes a lotta sense, actually...I thought it was odd with B/W2 coming so quickly on the heels of the originals, and on the DS, no less...either way, we'll find out soon enough!
---
New Sig under construction....
#19DeathSnipe777Posted 1/4/2013 8:02:36 AM
Apparently, Shigeki Morimoto, the director of the main Pokemon games, is going to be featuring on Pokemon Smash this Sunday. So it's most likely going to be R/S remakes, Gen 6, or perhaps something about older games on the eShop.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#20McMarblesPosted 1/4/2013 8:04:04 AM
If it was Squeenix, we'd probably get the "exciting" announcemnet of a facebook Pokemon card game.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.