You guys can't make up your mind on anything, can you?

#11SpideymasterPosted 1/4/2013 9:11:38 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
See, I like this Spidey guy over there. He can clearly explain his points without getting upset over it and make other people see where he's coming from by posting concise and clear statements. He deserves an award or something.

It's kind of pathetic (Not you) when you view posts like mine as such a rarity, but then again, I suppose this wouldn't be Gamefaqs if the majority of people here acted civilized.

Thanks anyway, though.

Oh, and I haven't played either game, so forgive me if I'm wrong about anything I said, as I made that post based purely on what I've seen and heard about both games.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#12StormKMDPosted 1/4/2013 9:19:33 AM
xellos667 posted...
Welcome to Gamefaqs!

Well, welcome to the 3DS board. The other boards are better. *cough PC *cough.
But yeah this board gets on my nerves, that's why I don't visit it often. There are too many people that exaggerate about how good a game is. And they bring up topics (which could last for days) that aren't even significant to the 3DS or it's games. I love my 3DS and all, but this board sucks.
---
Toshiba Satellite | Radeon HD 7640G | AMD Quad-Core 1.90 Ghz | 640GB HDD | 6GB RAM
It's not lagging, it's just slow motion.
#13stargazer64Posted 1/4/2013 9:20:26 AM
Spideymaster posted...
I think the difference is the fact that the New Super Mario Bros. games have been largely similar over the past several years, and that Nintendo played it especially safe with NSMB2.

The Paper Mario series, on the other hand, has been different since TTYD, and people complain about Sticker Star because it takes away what made the first two games so memorable and fun for the majority, replacing things such as a focus on RPG elements and a story with things that, albeit fun, never come close to matching the standards set by the first two games' features.

People complain about Sticker Star, not because it tries something different, but because in doing so, it takes away the things people love the series for, and what it tries to do to replace these things doesn't result in as much enjoyment.

100% on the money.

A good example I can think of on how to make a sequel/spin-off for the better is Yoshi's Island (SNES). It was a fairly radical departure from Super Mario World but it retained the essence of what makes a platformer (and a Mario game) great.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.