Paper Mario: Sticker Star questions...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Paper Mario: Sticker Star questions...

User Info: Swan3624

Swan3624
4 years ago#11
I see. Thank you for the input!

So, I see it has no discernible story, but does it still have fun dialogue? Jokes and such? I can deal with the lack of a great story if that void is filled by enjoyable text and fun innocent jokes!

The funniest thing I can remember in Paper Mario is in Thousand Year Door, when you get to a... thwomp, I think, and he looks so intimidating, but he turns out to be a quiz show host! Haha, I loved that little twist. Fun fun memories, even though there are so few of them :P

So does it maintain the fun dialogue of the past games, at least?
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
4 years ago#12
CronoDyne posted...
This game is fairly underrated actually.

Not really. All the criticism it receives is fair and accurate, and a lot of people that bring up the criticism even admit they had fun with the game.

this
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.

User Info: rahxephon122

rahxephon122
4 years ago#13
I remember some parts where I went "LOL WTF WAS THAT!!?!?"

It's no Kid Icarus: Uprising, but it has some serious WTF moments.
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
4 years ago#14
I didn't really notice many jokes,the few jokes i did notice fell flat.

Like the opening scene kertsi yells at mario it's supposed to be funny but i didn't see it humorous.
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.

User Info: legendarylemur

legendarylemur
4 years ago#15
Actually, most of the jokes lie within the Toads and their unnecessarily extravagant way of speaking. One such Toad has butterflies flying around him to express his utter zen-ness.
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official official. Officially

User Info: rahxephon122

rahxephon122
4 years ago#16
What I mostly found funny were the "things". There were a few that had crazy animations. (Soda comes to mind)
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!

Swan3624
4 years ago#17
Hm...

Okay, so it lacks the awesome humor of the past titles, from what you all are saying.

I still feel a strange obligation to pick it up, though... Now that my expectations are effectively destroyed, I wonder if that will make my experience more positive.

I'm so torn now :(
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
4 years ago#18
I beat Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2, but those are the only true RPGs

no

interactive movies are NOT "true RPGs"

Dungeons & Dragons is a true RPG
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: deimos91

deimos91
4 years ago#19
Swan3624 posted...
Hey all! I am about to venture out and scavenge for my runaway 3DS, so that I can download a game from the eShop, in order to take part in the Donkey Kong promotion (seriously, Donkey Kong NES was the one game I was wishing for on the 3DS Virtual Console <3)

So I was thinking either Paper Mario: Sticker Star or Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. I'm leaning more towards Paper Mario, though, because I'm thinking it will be a more easygoing experience in terms of necessary brainpower.

But I had a couple questions about it first:

1. How difficult is the game for a newbie at RPGs? I beat Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2, but those are the only true RPGs (unlike Zelda and Okami) I have ever beaten.

2. How is the story? I remember laughing a lot and having a great time with the story in Thousand Year Door, even though I never got very far.

3. I heard there are difficulty spikes when it comes to bosses. Difficulty spikes can make or break my enjoyment of a game, so how bad of a difficulty spike are we talking?

4. Is it a fun game?

I'm just looking for a pleasant game with a fun story and gameplay that won't frustrate me. Is Paper Mario: Sticker Star my game?

Finally, how many blocks does it take up when you download it from the eShop?

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses! :D

if you beat barthandulus in 13 SS is a cakewalk compared to that
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951

Swan3624
4 years ago#20
deimos91 posted...

if you beat barthandulus in 13 SS is a cakewalk compared to that

Haha, well I did have help with the final boss fight, but I get what you're saying.

I decided to buy it, and so far I hate it so much. The graphics are terrible, the music is grating, the gameplay is duuuumb.

...kidding! I love it so far. I just opened the path to a windmill level, so I'm not too far, but I'm loving the game so far :)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Paper Mario: Sticker Star questions...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived