Paper Mario: Sticker Star questions...

#11Swan3624(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 6:53:05 PM
I see. Thank you for the input!

So, I see it has no discernible story, but does it still have fun dialogue? Jokes and such? I can deal with the lack of a great story if that void is filled by enjoyable text and fun innocent jokes!

The funniest thing I can remember in Paper Mario is in Thousand Year Door, when you get to a... thwomp, I think, and he looks so intimidating, but he turns out to be a quiz show host! Haha, I loved that little twist. Fun fun memories, even though there are so few of them :P

So does it maintain the fun dialogue of the past games, at least?
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#12SMASHKING84Posted 1/4/2013 6:59:06 PM
CronoDyne posted...
This game is fairly underrated actually.

Not really. All the criticism it receives is fair and accurate, and a lot of people that bring up the criticism even admit they had fun with the game.

this
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#13rahxephon122Posted 1/4/2013 6:59:57 PM
I remember some parts where I went "LOL WTF WAS THAT!!?!?"

It's no Kid Icarus: Uprising, but it has some serious WTF moments.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#14SMASHKING84Posted 1/4/2013 7:03:05 PM
I didn't really notice many jokes,the few jokes i did notice fell flat.

Like the opening scene kertsi yells at mario it's supposed to be funny but i didn't see it humorous.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#15legendarylemurPosted 1/4/2013 7:08:59 PM
Actually, most of the jokes lie within the Toads and their unnecessarily extravagant way of speaking. One such Toad has butterflies flying around him to express his utter zen-ness.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official official. Officially
#16rahxephon122Posted 1/4/2013 7:14:18 PM
What I mostly found funny were the "things". There were a few that had crazy animations. (Soda comes to mind)
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#17Swan3624(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:00:46 AM
Hm...

Okay, so it lacks the awesome humor of the past titles, from what you all are saying.

I still feel a strange obligation to pick it up, though... Now that my expectations are effectively destroyed, I wonder if that will make my experience more positive.

I'm so torn now :(
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
#18EndgamePosted 1/5/2013 1:55:25 PM
I beat Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2, but those are the only true RPGs

no

interactive movies are NOT "true RPGs"

Dungeons & Dragons is a true RPG
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#19deimos91Posted 1/5/2013 1:58:18 PM
Swan3624 posted...
Hey all! I am about to venture out and scavenge for my runaway 3DS, so that I can download a game from the eShop, in order to take part in the Donkey Kong promotion (seriously, Donkey Kong NES was the one game I was wishing for on the 3DS Virtual Console <3)

So I was thinking either Paper Mario: Sticker Star or Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. I'm leaning more towards Paper Mario, though, because I'm thinking it will be a more easygoing experience in terms of necessary brainpower.

But I had a couple questions about it first:

1. How difficult is the game for a newbie at RPGs? I beat Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2, but those are the only true RPGs (unlike Zelda and Okami) I have ever beaten.

2. How is the story? I remember laughing a lot and having a great time with the story in Thousand Year Door, even though I never got very far.

3. I heard there are difficulty spikes when it comes to bosses. Difficulty spikes can make or break my enjoyment of a game, so how bad of a difficulty spike are we talking?

4. Is it a fun game?

I'm just looking for a pleasant game with a fun story and gameplay that won't frustrate me. Is Paper Mario: Sticker Star my game?

Finally, how many blocks does it take up when you download it from the eShop?

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses! :D

if you beat barthandulus in 13 SS is a cakewalk compared to that
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#20Swan3624(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 5:13:27 PM
deimos91 posted...

if you beat barthandulus in 13 SS is a cakewalk compared to that

Haha, well I did have help with the final boss fight, but I get what you're saying.

I decided to buy it, and so far I hate it so much. The graphics are terrible, the music is grating, the gameplay is duuuumb.

...kidding! I love it so far. I just opened the path to a windmill level, so I'm not too far, but I'm loving the game so far :)
---