How would you feel if Satoru Iwata was fired?

#21KAMMYqueenPosted 1/5/2013 8:51:49 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
For the worse, duh.

Iwata pulled Nintendo out of their dark days, which were the N64 and Gamecube eras.

well he kind of cause the gamecube mess. but he did fix it with the wii
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#22shampoowarriorPosted 1/5/2013 9:10:58 AM
I would be very excited to see Iwata step down.

The Wii U is a great example of how clueless Iwata is; he should never have allowed it to release in its current state. Slow OS, no achievements, no true accounts system, not even a true user system implemented. It is literally the Wii 2.0 with every single weakness of the original and blatant lies before launch claiming the weaknesses had been addressed.

I don't hate the system and think it does have potential (with some firmware updates), but everyone responsible for allowing it to release in this state ought to be fired. Keep the guy who thought of the Miiverse and the Gamepad and fire literally everyone else.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#23Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 12:47:30 PM
Bump.
#24confettistormPosted 1/5/2013 2:02:14 PM
It would affect the space-time continuum.
#25ZeroArcheryPosted 1/5/2013 2:21:47 PM
shampoowarrior posted...

The Wii U is a great example of how clueless Iwata is; he should never have allowed it to release in its current state. Slow OS, no achievements, no true accounts system, not even a true user system implemented. It is literally the Wii 2.0 with every single weakness of the original and blatant lies before launch claiming the weaknesses had been addressed.

I don't hate the system and think it does have potential (with some firmware updates), but everyone responsible for allowing it to release in this state ought to be fired. Keep the guy who thought of the Miiverse and the Gamepad and fire literally everyone else.

Lol what?

Do... do you stay informed even slightly?
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#26deimos91Posted 1/5/2013 3:00:30 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
Evolician posted...
Isn't he like the President of Nintendo? The top guy? >_>

How can he be fired. He does the firing.

Yes.

Would step-down or replaced be a better definition then?

depends if we get someone who is passionate and not resistant to new ideas i am fine for what they do now but i want more games like SS
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#27deimos91Posted 1/5/2013 3:02:42 PM
deimos91 posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
Evolician posted...
Isn't he like the President of Nintendo? The top guy? >_>

How can he be fired. He does the firing.

Yes.

Would step-down or replaced be a better definition then?

depends if we get someone who is passionate and not resistant to new ideas i am fine for what they do now but i want more games like SS

SS is skyward sword not sticker star
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#28EndgamePosted 1/5/2013 3:12:32 PM
Endgame would cry tears of joy.

no, that's my reaction to Iwata actually facing justice for his crimes

I would be wary of the new guy, he could just be a puppet for Iwata in order to get around whatever scandal Iwata got caught in

Since he technically is one of, if not the reasons Nintendo were able to turn around from their darkest days during the N64/GC era.

darkest days? how so?

N64 might have not sold well as a certain stupid FMV machine, and yes, the N64DD crashed and burned in Japan (yep, being ahead of the times hurt Nintendo financially, but being BEHIND the times made them more money than ever..... so yes, I blame you people just as much as I blame Iwata, don't try to hide it, I know plenty of you jRPG lovers that infest this board chose PS1 over N64), but it gave us revolutionary games like SM64 (reminder that Mario was a ****ing pioneer, Iwata has degraded him to ****ing lazy cash-in sequels) and OoT which are still highly rated to this very day, SF64 has obtained internet meme status, and so on, it does not sound like N64 is that poorly received, some darkest days.....

Gamecube sold 4 million less than Xbox, which sold over 100 million less than PS2? yes, that is true, BUT Nintendo profited from each Gamecube sold, while Sony and Microsoft lost money on each of their consoles sold, and thus, they were able to keep going, some darkest days.....

and of course, the most important part: N64 and Gamecube had QUALITY GAMES

you know, the thing Nintendo stopped making under that ****er Iwata's reign, Virtual Boy at least had Wario Land, what does Wii U have? NSMBWii's resources recycled for the second time, released just a few months after the first time!

N64 and Gamecube were Nintendo's darkest days? ha
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#29ceedofevilPosted 1/5/2013 3:14:35 PM
I would feel nothing, no happiness or sadness, but then again I am a cold and heartless s.o.b.
---
"I don't think this is funny. I wasted my time entering." -GameFAQ's new slogan.
#30shampoowarriorPosted 1/5/2013 6:06:41 PM
ZeroArchery posted...
shampoowarrior posted...

Lol what?

Do... do you stay informed even slightly?

Lol what?
You've failed to communicate any information of value.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior