How would you feel if Satoru Iwata was fired?

#31ZeroArcheryPosted 1/5/2013 6:08:52 PM
shampoowarrior posted...
ZeroArchery posted...
shampoowarrior posted...
I would be very excited to see Iwata step down.

The Wii U is a great example of how clueless Iwata is; he should never have allowed it to release in its current state. Slow OS, no achievements, no true accounts system, not even a true user system implemented. It is literally the Wii 2.0 with every single weakness of the original and blatant lies before launch claiming the weaknesses had been addressed.

I don't hate the system and think it does have potential (with some firmware updates), but everyone responsible for allowing it to release in this state ought to be fired. Keep the guy who thought of the Miiverse and the Gamepad and fire literally everyone else.

Lol what?

Do... do you stay informed even slightly?

Lol what?
You've failed to communicate any information of value.

Oh, sorry, I was assuming it was a joke post, since like, almost all of it is wrong...

Even if it wasn't a joke post, it's no point correcting something that'll be noticed once you buy the system.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#32McMarblesPosted 1/5/2013 9:23:00 PM
[Rarity] It would be the

WORST!
POSSIBLE!
THING!
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#33Zero_ManiacPosted 1/5/2013 9:35:53 PM
Endgame posted...
Endgame would cry tears of joy.

no, that's my reaction to Iwata actually facing justice for his crimes

I would be wary of the new guy, he could just be a puppet for Iwata in order to get around whatever scandal Iwata got caught in

Since he technically is one of, if not the reasons Nintendo were able to turn around from their darkest days during the N64/GC era.

darkest days? how so?

N64 might have not sold well as a certain stupid FMV machine, and yes, the N64DD crashed and burned in Japan (yep, being ahead of the times hurt Nintendo financially, but being BEHIND the times made them more money than ever..... so yes, I blame you people just as much as I blame Iwata, don't try to hide it, I know plenty of you jRPG lovers that infest this board chose PS1 over N64), but it gave us revolutionary games like SM64 (reminder that Mario was a ****ing pioneer, Iwata has degraded him to ****ing lazy cash-in sequels) and OoT which are still highly rated to this very day, SF64 has obtained internet meme status, and so on, it does not sound like N64 is that poorly received, some darkest days.....

Gamecube sold 4 million less than Xbox, which sold over 100 million less than PS2? yes, that is true, BUT Nintendo profited from each Gamecube sold, while Sony and Microsoft lost money on each of their consoles sold, and thus, they were able to keep going, some darkest days.....

and of course, the most important part: N64 and Gamecube had QUALITY GAMES

you know, the thing Nintendo stopped making under that ****er Iwata's reign, Virtual Boy at least had Wario Land, what does Wii U have? NSMBWii's resources recycled for the second time, released just a few months after the first time!

N64 and Gamecube were Nintendo's darkest days? ha

I half-agree with this post. I don't agree with the obvious PS1 hate, as it gave us awesome classics as well (Megaman X4-X6, Castlevania: SotN, FFVII).
---
Currently wanting: A lot of Vita games/accessories!
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#34BrianCraigSmithPosted 1/6/2013 4:07:05 AM
Until someone over there wises up and puts a remake of WWF No Mercy on the 3DS then EVERYONE should be fired.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#35MrSpacelySlatePosted 1/6/2013 6:02:15 AM
So the era that Nintendo had their best games in quality were the dark days?

Oh, this site sometimes.
#36SMASHKING84Posted 1/6/2013 7:27:23 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...

Oh, this site sometimes.

that's exactly what i was thinking.
I like wii but come on wii had nothing on the nes to gcn era games. hell the best(first party) wii games all used iffy motion controls well excluding brawl...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#37Eric_CoronaPosted 1/6/2013 7:37:38 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...
Isn't he like the President of Nintendo? The top guy? >_>

How can he be fired. He does the firing.

I'm sure companies have a board of directors or something for this kind of thing. Even company CEO's and presidents would not be immune.

I mean, look at Steve Jobs, he got fired from his own company! xD
---
"So...what's it gonna be? Will you choose to ally?
...Or to betray?"
#38Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 7:46:36 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
MrSpacelySlate posted...

Oh, this site sometimes.

that's exactly what i was thinking.
I like wii but come on wii had nothing on the nes to gcn era games. hell the best(first party) wii games all used iffy motion controls well excluding brawl...

Both of you really aren't getting the picture as to why it technically WAS Nintendo's darkest days.

And the "best games" part is entirely subjective. While i loved the GC, some games like SMS for instance felt weak. Imo Galaxy was MORE polished and had MORE cohesive level design. Then there's Xenoblade, DCKR, Kirby's RTD, Sin & Punishment 2, etc.

Though i will give it to the N64/GC fir not having as muxh shovelware.
#39shampoowarriorPosted 1/6/2013 8:07:04 AM
ZeroArchery posted...
shampoowarrior posted...
ZeroArchery posted...
shampoowarrior posted...
I would be very excited to see Iwata step down.

The Wii U is a great example of how clueless Iwata is; he should never have allowed it to release in its current state. Slow OS, no achievements, no true accounts system, not even a true user system implemented. It is literally the Wii 2.0 with every single weakness of the original and blatant lies before launch claiming the weaknesses had been addressed.

I don't hate the system and think it does have potential (with some firmware updates), but everyone responsible for allowing it to release in this state ought to be fired. Keep the guy who thought of the Miiverse and the Gamepad and fire literally everyone else.

Lol what?

Do... do you stay informed even slightly?

Lol what?
You've failed to communicate any information of value.

Oh, sorry, I was assuming it was a joke post, since like, almost all of it is wrong...

Even if it wasn't a joke post, it's no point correcting something that'll be noticed once you buy the system.

Lol, I bought the system day one. My NNID is on my backlog, which is in my sig. I have a post on Miiverse from Day 1 that you can find if you want to add me. Come at me, bro.

The OS is slow as hell. Fact.

No achievements. Fact.
There are in-game achievements. Just like on the Wii. Just like on the DS. Just like on the Gamecube. Nothing has changed.

No real account system. Fact.
NNID are locked to the system. Cannot be transferred to a new system without calling customer support. Just like the Wii. Just like the DS. Worse than the still-terrible 3DS system.

No real user accounts. This is the only thing I said that was debatable.
There is a user system, true. On some games, they actually work as intended. However, on Nintendo games, they do not. New Super Mario Bros. U shares the same three save files across every single account on the system. Little Susie makes a save on her user and Little Jimmy can see that save on his user. Little Jimmy makes a save on his user, Little Sally can see Susie and Jimmy's saves on her user. Little Sally makes a save, Little Teddie is SOL if he wants to play Mario.
That is not how a user system is intended to work. What the hell is the point of having twelve users on a system if only three of them are allowed to have Mario saves? Even if all twelve users bought their own personal copy of the game, only three of them would be allowed to save. Defeating the entire point of users.

GG Nintendo. GG Iwata. Like I said earlier, every single person responsible for the Wii U except for the people who thought up the Miiverse and the Gamepad ought to be fired.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#40Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 8:24:26 AM
Idk about the last point, and i could give less of a rat's a** about non-universal achievements that are worthless to me. But hell yes to the rest of your points, especially to that inexcusable lock down with accounts to one system BS that shouldn't be happening at all. Though i'm sure they'll change it in the future once Nintendo sends Miiverse to the 3DS/other devices.

Though i don't think they should be fired, maybe smacked with a baseball bat would be enough. :P