One cool thing about digitally buying games is...

#11jovewolfPosted 1/5/2013 2:12:51 PM
BatenKait0s posted...
Call me old school, but I love cover art w/ game cases and instruction books.

Yeah have you seen what most "instruction books" look like these days?
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#12Gogo726Posted 1/5/2013 2:22:11 PM
I did this with Layton and will with Animal Crossing since both of those games will have me visiting every day. Anything else? Depends on the mood and if I feel like going outside.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#13BigDaddyWingnutPosted 1/5/2013 3:37:48 PM
parKb5 posted...
i have plenty of under $10.00 digital games on my 3DS (like almost 100) so if I can only take 1 retail game with me, it doesn't matter, as I have 100 other games on my 3DS to play like Mighty Switch Force, DenpaMen or Pushmo.

I just don't like the feeling of paying $40.00 for a digital download when I can get the same game as a physical copy with a box and inserts and instructions. Plus, I have already made platinum in Club Nintendo, if I buy digital, it automatically registers my game; whereas if I buy physical, I can save the points for next year on my way to platinum for 2014.

I agree with all of this. Plus, the draconian pricing of retail eShop games is ridiculous. Why would I pay the same price (and sometimes even more) to get less. Until Nintendo lowers their prices and establishes a proper account system, I'll never purchase a digital game if it's also available physically.
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
A man is incomplete until he gets married. Then he's finished...
#14KurizakaPosted 1/5/2013 3:44:25 PM
I will be buying Animal Crossing digitally. It's perfect to buy this way, since it's the type of game you only play for a little while every day.
#15xellos667Posted 1/5/2013 4:31:43 PM
I never check manual nowaday, and except for looking cool on a shelf, cases don't serve much purpose. When I was getting my 3DS games physically, I was not even using them, the Club Nintendo 18-carts cases were better for me (ordered 4 of those, which are useless now too).

Now that I've tasted playing totally digitally, I don't even want to go back to physical games anymore. People say we are getting less for the same price, but really, for me just for the fact that I don't have to store anything physically, I consider it more that way (but I know I'm the exception, I just don't care about anything but the actual game anymore, the rest is a waste of physical space).
---
My digital 3DS games collection and slow progression beating them:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#16xLinkkuPosted 1/11/2013 12:07:52 AM
esoteric42 posted...
I plan on returning my pre-order for Fire Emblem after I get the bonus, so I can buy it digitally.

Going digital is great for a game you know you will spend a lot of time with. Makes it great on the go, you don't have to take all your game cards with you.

This! Except I'm getting the limited edition Fire emblem bundle.
---
Official Fennekin of the Pokemon X/Y boards