ok, so if u never owned a NSMB title before, is NSMB2 a good buy at full price?

#1Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 1/5/2013 1:06:13 PM
I played the first one on the wii once or twice and found it fun. Since theres no online i will prolly solo the whole thing, which is the only thing that has stopped me so far. Worth it?
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#2Starwars4JPosted 1/5/2013 1:11:50 PM
Yes, it was a great game with some pretty fantastic level design. It's definitely better than NSMB DS. IMO the New series has only gotten better with each game in the series.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3Swan3624Posted 1/5/2013 1:14:50 PM
I used to enjoy NSMB on the DS, but as I've tried to play it over the last year or two, it's just not that fun. The levels are absolutely no fun, there is no joy to be had, and the physics are so floaty.

NSMB Wii was better, but I thought it relied too heavily on multiplayer to have fun. Floaty physics were still there, but they felt more at-home with these levels.

NSMB 2... oh man. Never thought it would be that great, but was I ever wrong. Absolutely the most fun NSMB so far. The levels are a joy to play, the game's difficulty is very fair, the final boss is unbelievable, and overall it's just an amazing game. It doesn't require co-op to be fun, and the coin rush mode is just amazing and addictive.

Probably my favorite side-scrolling Mario game yet. That may be an exaggeration to some, but it's honestly how I feel.

Absolutely pick it up.
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#4Mariofan15Posted 1/5/2013 1:16:15 PM
Nope. Get it for cheap or get it used. Even if you never played the other games,it isnt worth getting at full price.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#5Denizen_Of_Dark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:37:29 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
Nope. Get it for cheap or get it used. Even if you never played the other games,it isnt worth getting at full price.

Care to elaborate?
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#6MrSpacelySlatePosted 1/5/2013 5:16:04 PM
No. Don't bother.

There's a much better one on DS and WiiU, anyway.
#7AppleJockRidaPosted 1/5/2013 5:17:25 PM
Apparently, its only worth it for the three levels of the impossible mission dlc.
#8Denizen_Of_Dark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 6:34:35 PM
OnAppleJockRida posted...
Apparently, its only worth it for the three levels of the impossible mission dlc.

Why is that exactly?

So far i got a few reasons, such as level design and difficulty level, that ppl give to get the game.

The ppl saying no dont give any cons tho... is it boring with solo only play? Whats up with coin rush? Keep in mind i didnt own and barely played any of the other iterations of NSMB series.

Also i ask here because i figure it would be less biased here whereas on this games board they might all be too positive.
---
check quote for XBL GT
#9ZeroArcheryPosted 1/5/2013 6:37:00 PM
People only don't like it because we've played all the other ones.

If you've NEVER played a New Super Mario Bros. title, you'll LOVE this game.

I found it the weakest entry of the series, but as I said, that's because of having played all of them and beaten them.

It's just like the second poster said, if you enjoy a good platformer, and haven't played the others, you'll love it. Even better if you download it instead of retail, as you can quick save and do a few levels, then quit, then come back whenever you itch for a quick game.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#10Denizen_Of_Dark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 6:39:19 PM
ZeroArchery posted...
People only don't like it because we've played all the other ones.

If you've NEVER played a New Super Mario Bros. title, you'll LOVE this game.

I found it the weakest entry of the series, but as I said, that's because of having played all of them and beaten them.

It's just like the second poster said, if you enjoy a good platformer, and haven't played the others, you'll love it. Even better if you download it instead of retail, as you can quick save and do a few levels, then quit, then come back whenever you itch for a quick game.

Sounds great, but theres no way in hell im paying 39.99 for NSMB2 digitally. Rather try n find it used since its been out a while.
---
check quote for XBL GT