ok, so if u never owned a NSMB title before, is NSMB2 a good buy at full price?

#21rizsparkyPosted 1/6/2013 3:19:10 AM
It is the best NSMB to date, the coin rush adds so much more replayability to the game too. I wouldnt buy it brand new though, mainly because its you could pick it up for cheap now
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#22Gam3r777Posted 1/6/2013 3:41:08 AM
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
Gam3r777 posted...
As long as you play it for the game and not the gimmick (the million coin thing), it can be quite fun. It's not the best Mario game, but it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Whats with that million coin thing anyway? Just for 100%/completionist purposes?

And from what i understand coin rush is just "speed run and get as many coins as u can" mode?

Any other opinions on level design and difficulty level? And is buying digitally superior to retail? Any added features?

The million coin thing is a cheesy reward you get for getting a million coins. It's just something the devs put in there to try to get people to keep playing, but didn't work out too well.
#23SMASHKING84Posted 1/6/2013 4:09:12 AM
Gam3r777 posted...
Gam3r777 posted...
As long as you play it for the game and not the gimmick (the million coin thing), it can be quite fun. It's not the best Mario game, but it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Whats with that million coin thing anyway? Just for 100%/completionist purposes?

And from what i understand coin rush is just "speed run and get as many coins as u can" mode?

Any other opinions on level design and difficulty level? And is buying digitally superior to retail? Any added features?

The million coin thing is a cheesy reward you get for getting a million coins. It's just something the devs put in there to try to get people to keep playing, but didn't work out too well.

Well some people enjoy it,hell even the complainers but the dlc KNOWING the whole point of the levels is coin collection.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#24chex81Posted 1/6/2013 4:10:14 AM
It's not horrible but it's not great... Average imo
---
gt/psn: chex81
#25Denizen_Of_Dark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 4:10:44 AM
Sorry but u didnt make it clear exactly what the devs give u for getting 1 million coins....
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#26Gam3r777Posted 1/6/2013 4:12:15 AM
Sorry but u didnt make it clear exactly what the devs give u for getting 1 million coins....

Exactly. I don't give away spoilers.
#27Denizen_Of_Dark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 4:14:10 AM
Gam3r777 posted...

Lol well is it a level? An item? A pat on the back? Come onnnnnnn ;)
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#28SMASHKING84Posted 1/6/2013 4:42:50 AM
Gam3r777 posted...

Lol well is it a level? An item? A pat on the back? Come onnnnnnn ;)

a new title screen that's it,also another one at 9,999,999 this is why we have spoiler tags people so we can discus the game,and only people who choose to spoil it themselves get spoiled.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#29STE573Posted 1/6/2013 5:23:17 AM
If you are craving a 2D platformer fix then sure, go for it, but if not, it's not a tragedy to miss out on what I consider to be the worst in the NSMB series. The DS one is much better.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) NSMBU (Wii U) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#30Denizen_Of_Dark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 5:34:40 AM
STE573 posted...
If you are craving a 2D platformer fix then sure, go for it, but if not, it's not a tragedy to miss out on what I consider to be the worst in the NSMB series. The DS one is much better.

Wow so that reward is definitely not worth it to me, no offense to those who want it.

Also, what makes the ds version better exactly?
---
check quote for XBL GT