Paper Mario or Professor Layton?

#1OckmanPosted 1/5/2013 2:55:55 PM
I'm thinking about buying one of the digital copies of Paper Mario Sticker Star, or Professor Layton & the Miracle Mask. If you do it before tomorrow, you still get that free copy of Donkey Kong original edition, which would be fun to have on my 3DS.

I just wish there were more games to choose from. If New Super Mario Bros 2 was on the list, it would be no issue...but the 5 games you gotta choose from are not exactly ones I'm positive I'd want. I never played a Professor Layton game before, but I've always heard they're pretty good. Not much replay value though. I LOVED Paper Mario on the gamecube, but I've been hearing some negative stuff about Sticker Star...

If I had to pick from one of those 2, which do you think I should take the plunge on?
---
PSN: Ockman XBOX LIVE: I ockman I
#2tacomachefPosted 1/5/2013 2:58:35 PM
I have both. I liked Layton better.

(Fyi, I downloaded Layton for the DK game...)
---
Push the button, Frank.
TvC: 1248-3232-0440 (T-CHEF) 3DS: 0645 - 6043 - 1468
#3aamotPosted 1/5/2013 3:00:45 PM
I'm playing Sticker Star right now and it's pretty fun. It's much more like a Mario Adventure game than a Super Mario RPG, but that's fine with me. It's by no means bad; it's just a lot different from the first 2.

I played and despised Layton and the Diabolical Box, so my vote is seriously going toward Sticker Star. You'll probably have fun with Sticker Star on its own merits, unless you're looking for reasons to hate it.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#4KurizakaPosted 1/5/2013 3:00:52 PM
Ah, I forgot about that deal! I'm putting my vote in for Layton. Those games are really fun.
#5phisho873Posted 1/5/2013 3:08:04 PM
Haven't played MM yet (working my way through Last Specter), but as a huge fan of both series, I can confidently say that Sticker Star sucked, and I don't see how Miracle Mask could **** up a simple formula. Get Layton.
---
Shut up.
http://blaremagazine.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lights.jpg
#6LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/5/2013 3:12:23 PM
Layton, hands down.

After 12 hours of gameplay in PM:SS (can't continue due to boredom, and I'm not going to force my way through a game), I honestly think it doesn't hold a candle to any Layton game.
---
"Offense is the ultimate defense. If that were true, nobody would die, you know?" - Tales of Symphonia
#7Ockman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 6:04:48 PM
I went with Paper Mario...I know I might regret it, but I really have no familiarity with the Layton games, and the early ones can be bought for fairly cheap these days.

I have some fondness for the Paper Mario games though, and I know I'll at least want to play it someday, even if I don't like it as much.
---
PSN: Ockman XBOX LIVE: I ockman I
#8SMASHKING84Posted 1/5/2013 6:10:20 PM
when the question is pmss or another game always get the other game,imo
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.