Pokemon 6th gen won't be this year (but it will be next!)

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 1/6/2013 5:00:12 AM
Because they have to have a movie with this plot before they move forward.

Regirock Regice and Registeel with Deoxys.

Lucario/Zoroark of gen 6.

Ash and his dumb friends.
#2Big_IsaacPosted 1/6/2013 5:05:23 AM
badum tish ...?

in seriousness, if that big Pokemon announcement in 2 days really is Gen 6, then I'd say we'll get the games in the middle of 2014
Japan will get them early 2014
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#3rizsparkyPosted 1/6/2013 5:18:21 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
badum tish ...?

in seriousness, if that big Pokemon announcement in 2 days really is Gen 6, then I'd say we'll get the games in the middle of 2014

Black and White 2 announced in February and released in June the same year.. the game is most likely already made and final bug checking and localization are probably in progress
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#4aamotPosted 1/6/2013 6:18:41 AM
Considering 2014, how long do you think the 3DS will be Nintendo's primary handheld? Until like... 2016?
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#5Big_IsaacPosted 1/6/2013 8:17:06 AM
rizsparky posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
badum tish ...?

Black and White 2 announced in February and released in June the same year.. the game is most likely already made and final bug checking and localization are probably in progress

B/W2? oh, you mean those sequels that ran on the exact same engine as B/W1 and reused a lot of the same environments, sprites and music?
point is, unless Gen 6 is a total rehash, there's no way they could finish it as quickly as B/W2.
B/W2 was possible because it was on the same system as its predecessors, but now we're talking about the 3DS, a completely different platform.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#6ryudin89Posted 1/6/2013 8:26:13 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
badum tish ...?

Japan will get them late 2013

Fixed
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#7muffinmasherPosted 1/6/2013 8:26:32 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
rizsparky posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
badum tish ...?

B/W2? oh, you mean those sequels that ran on the exact same engine as B/W1 and reused a lot of the same environments, sprites and music?
point is, unless Gen 6 is a total rehash, there's no way they could finish it as quickly as B/W2.
B/W2 was possible because it was on the same system as its predecessors, but now we're talking about the 3DS, a completely different platform.

I think I would agree with this. As amazing as it would be to have Gen 6 so quickly, I just don't feel like they could possibly have it done already. Trust me, I would love to be surprised with news.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#8NewbieN00bPosted 1/6/2013 8:26:34 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
rizsparky posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
badum tish ...?

Do you seriously think they just started on gen 6? I wouldn't be surprised if they'd started right after BW. (at least, concept wise).

There is no way they'd finish it in the same time in BW2, because BW2 was filler to release something while they are working on something new. (gen 6 or not)
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#9badguyPosted 1/6/2013 8:35:26 AM
its ruby and sapphire remakes :trollface:
---
:3 xbox tag: badguyisevil PSN: AnAngryMarine steam id: iamthebadguy
#10rizsparkyPosted 1/6/2013 8:39:55 AM
They would had started development of gen 6 during the first year of the 3DS's life, that is why Black and White 2 were released as a 'rehashed' sequel so they could allocate development resources to Pokemon 3DS, with that said thats almost 2 years worth of development. As I said before they are probably in the bug testing and localisation phase, I reckon a mid 2013 release..
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987