Sticker Star is very fun as long as you don't think of it as Paper Mario game

#31StephenYap3Posted 1/7/2013 9:14:49 AM
I think of it as one and it's my second favorite in the series.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#32NettoSaitoPosted 1/7/2013 10:00:04 AM
It's Paper Mario mixed with Megaman Battle Network, and I LOVE the BN series lol
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#33stargazer1981Posted 1/7/2013 12:55:27 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
which is why must people hate them.

Gaming d-bag hipster chumps don't count as "most people". XI just reached it's 11 year anniversary, and XII & XIII sold very well, and received high critical acclaim.

sales aren't everything is call of duty the best game ever,because it sells better?
reviews don't matter if they did then according to you metriod other m is good. (meta critic score:80)

Personal opinion is personal. And entirely subjective. However, the VAST MAJORITY of people buy those games, and the VAST MAJORITY of critical reception is primarily through the roof.

If YOU don't like it, that's fine. But you, your buddies, nor I, represent the majority of the gaming public.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#34Zero_ManiacPosted 1/7/2013 3:00:45 PM
GloryChaos posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
GloryChaos posted...
I thought I would hate it based on what gamefaqs was saying. So far I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

Have you ever played the first two games? Probably not, otherwise you would understand the hate. You honestly can't call yourself a true fan until you've at least beaten one of the first two PM games.

So a true fan of the series has to have beaten the first two games? What about super paper Mario? True fans can ignore that because of their own personal reasons?

I've beaten the first three. No need to make baseless assumptions. I kept up with the news so when I bought the game I was well aware that there would be no partners or badges and that the paper theme woud be used more. Do I have problems with the game? A few. Do I like it? Sure. That's really all it is. Does the lack of story and mute Bowser bother me? Of course it does. Am I having fun? Yes I am.

1. I said ONE of the first two.

2. Good for you. As long as you have fun, it's whatever. I'm just explaining why the hate is there.
---
Currently wanting: A lot of Vita games/accessories!
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#35SMASHKING84Posted 1/7/2013 4:50:04 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
stargazer1981 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
which is why must people hate them.

Gaming d-bag hipster chumps don't count as "most people". XI just reached it's 11 year anniversary, and XII & XIII sold very well, and received high critical acclaim.

sales aren't everything is call of duty the best game ever,because it sells better?
reviews don't matter if they did then according to you metriod other m is good. (meta critic score:80)

Personal opinion is personal. And entirely subjective. However, the VAST MAJORITY of people buy those games, and the VAST MAJORITY of critical reception is primarily through the roof.

If YOU don't like it, that's fine. But you, your buddies, nor I, represent the majority of the gaming public.

lol no you don't even represent a majority on gamefaqs a site the makes of less then one percent of gamers.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#36wiiking96Posted 1/9/2013 4:51:08 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Sticker Star was a great Paper Mario game,

Explain, because most people disagree.

the haters just have a fit no matter what they get.

We didn't have a fit when TTYD came out.

It's not a copy-paste? Terrible! It is a copy-paste? Terrible?

I see you are one of those people that doesn't know of the existence of balance between new and old. Ever played TTYD? That game succeeds in that category, and as a result, it was very well received.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is not hated because it is merely different, but because it almost completely yanks out all the important parts of the Paper Mario experience. The game isn't even very innovative; it feels far more stagnant than fresh.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#37CronoDynePosted 1/9/2013 4:58:06 PM
How can you not think of it as a Paper Mario game? The game plays exactly like PM and TTYD, just with everything stripped away. It just takes TTYD and removes the exploration, the story, the characters, the RPG elements, the incentive to battle, the character progression, etc.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.