Suggest a game, get a game suggested.

#1Lord_FroodPosted 1/6/2013 11:27:24 AM
Simple enough, suggest a game to this board and then tell us what kind of game you're looking for. Everybody goes back and helps you out. Please no giant 20 game lists. pikachupwnage

I would have to highly suggest Virtue's Last Reward. Even if you don't like video games, it's still borders on having one of the best stories I've ever experienced (books, movies, etc; all considered) and some of those puzzles are pretty fiendish. Even if you hate the puzzle sections and just want the story, you can always play with a guide or set the game to easy mode. Of course, you should definitely play the prequel, 999, before VLR, as it references it a bit and spoils it.

Already have Kid Icarus and RE:R, just got Twinbee. Are there anymore shoot 'em ups that you can recommend? I already know of Nano Assault, is that one any good?
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#2jim200Posted 1/6/2013 11:29:58 AM
Liberation Maiden is a good shootemup. It's short but sweet.

I like RPGs like Xenoblade, Final Fantasy, Xenogears, and Xenosaga. My main genres are RPG, action, adventure
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#3Spidey98Posted 1/6/2013 11:40:28 AM
I recommend yo face.
---
3DS FC: 1289-8698-7326
Black 2 FC: 0992-0446-4997
#4zavlinzPosted 1/6/2013 11:45:27 AM(edited)
i'd recommend tales of the abyss if you like arpgs. I'd also recommend unchained blades if you like first person dungeon crawling (its got a neat story too).
Im looking for adventure games (more like VLR), and also keeping my eye open for rpgs i might have missed.
#5Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:49:42 AM
zavlinz posted...
Im looking for adventure games (more like VLR)

Just to clarify, do you mean Visual Novels (VN) or more like the point and click type?
---
#6DarkIVloonPosted 1/6/2013 12:23:13 PM
Pacman & Galaga Dimensions

you get 6 games in 1

Pacman, PacmanCE, Pac-Tilt, Galaga, Galaga Legions, Galaga Impact 3D

all support 3D except Pac-Tilt because you rotate your 3DS around.

All 6 games have online leaderboards and each game has about 16 Achievements to keep you busy besides highscores.

the two arcade games packed in Pacman & Galaga come with the options to have US or JPN bezel artwork around the monitor and the option to play in the Standup machines or sit down Cocktail Table machine.

Galaga Legions is a great game and you must play it if you are a shmup fan.

Galaga Impact is a great first person/cockpit railshooter, i'm still trying to get past the 3rd stage on it, its tough but I like it alot.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#7zavlinzPosted 1/6/2013 12:26:03 PM(edited)
Lord_Frood posted...
Just to clarify, do you mean Visual Novels (VN) or more like the point and click type?

both really. though im not typically much of a fan of pure VN's that have minimal interaction.
#8Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 1:16:25 PM
zavlinz posted...
Lord_Frood posted...

both really. though im not typically much of a fan of pure VN's that have minimal interaction.

There really isn't much for 3DS like that, all I can think of is Myst 3D. DS had a lot more of those kinds of games (Time Hollow, Theresia, etc;)

And thanks DarkIVloon and Jim for the suggestions.
---
#9nintendoggerPosted 1/6/2013 1:49:48 PM
I also recommend Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. It's not only the best 3DS games I've played, it's probably in the top 5 games I've ever played.

Since that one has been suggested, I can also say I would recommend Adventure Time: Hey Ice King why'd you steal our garbage? It plays like a classic SNES or GBA game, and has tons of charm. You don't need to be a fan of the show to like the game either. While it's on the short side (and easy side), it'll keep your attention and leave you satisfied.
---
Rah.
#10rahxephon122Posted 1/6/2013 4:53:56 PM
I have a question about VLR.
I played 999 but only got to a few endings. I did find out that Santa (#3) is the killer (I believe it wa called Zero. It's been a few years.) But I never found out about who was alive in the coffin nor do I remember doing anything about Santa being Zero. I also can't recall if I ever got off the boat. how much of that do I need to know to play VLR? Also, does it have a similar, "spooky" atmosphere?
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!