Suggest a game, get a game suggested.

#11Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 5:43:16 PM
I really can't say too much on how close you were to the final ending without hinting at it, but you'll definitely need to get the true ending if you want to play VLR without spoiling 999. You probably got about half of the endings in the game, and it's going to sound weird, but you'll want them all. Also, I'd avoid either board on the subject, they're fond of assuming you already know things.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#12rahxephon122Posted 1/6/2013 5:50:00 PM
Problem is I sold 999 a few years ago and I'm not sure if I'd wanna go through it again. Is the atmosphere the same though? I really liked the scenario. How does it compare to the vita version? I don't have a vita, but it'd be nice to know.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#13Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 5:53:03 PM
Oh, sorry about that. Yeah, the scenario is pretty similar, they're still playing a Nonary Game, but the rules are tweaked quite a bit. There isn't as much as a sense of urgency in VLR since they don't have a set time limit (later on they discover things that pressure them for time though). A lot of the atmosphere comes from being in this huge structure underground with no idea of when or where they are and there's all sorts of deaths flying around, some are pretty morbid.
---
#14zavlinzPosted 1/6/2013 5:56:02 PM(edited)
rahxephon122 posted...
I have a question about VLR.
I played 999 but only got to a few endings. I did find out that Santa (#3) is the killer (I believe it wa called Zero. It's been a few years.) But I never found out about who was alive in the coffin nor do I remember doing anything about Santa being Zero. I also can't recall if I ever got off the boat. how much of that do I need to know to play VLR? Also, does it have a similar, "spooky" atmosphere?

theres a bunch of big reveals in the true ending that changes everything. It might not be a bad idea to watch a Lets play of 999, to refresh your memory and find out how it ended.
#15rahxephon122Posted 1/6/2013 5:56:11 PM
I'll have to look into getting 999 again. It feels like a pain having to go through all the stories again lol.

If I would've known ahead of time that I would get VLR I would've preordered to get the watch. >_>

Thanks, it's definitely piqued my interest now.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#16Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 7:29:42 PM
You can always use a spoiler free guide to blast through the routes in only 5 playthroughs. I must have gone through it 20 times before finishing it...VLR is a lot easier to get through, but there's more endings.
---
#17pikachupwnagePosted 1/6/2013 7:32:55 PM
Liberation maiden. Short but friggin sweet.

Would you recommend Tales of the abyss?
---
I'll wrap the world in happy boobs next year- Kenichiro Takaki.
Possibly the best qoute ever.
#18wheresatariPosted 1/6/2013 7:45:05 PM
I have ToA on PS2. Yes, yes, triple yes. Loved it, and it is well worth the money for just how long it can be. The fighting is also very fun with the new FOS (?) system.
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
#191212-1Posted 1/6/2013 8:21:04 PM
I recommend unchained blades or code of princess. Code of princess is a fun beat em up game with good music. Unchained blades is sort of like sword of hope 1+2 on the gameboy, but in colour and with more to it. It also has something in it kind of like pokemon where you can capture the monsters in dungeons that you would usually fight.

I like jump and shoot/platforming games like megaman, metroid, cavestory, Shantae and mario bros 3 and 3d land for example. The old castlevania games also look fun.