I wonder how many kids will grow up thinking Sonic is a Nintendo character......

#21WickedSickJoshPosted 1/6/2013 4:41:19 PM
You'd be surprised how many kids don't even know who Sonic the Hedgehog is.

Also, you people have to remember, kids don't care or understand ownership properties. I used to work at GameStop and I'd always get kids asking for Halo on the Wii and Mario on the 360. Kids don't just understand. It's also a different generation. It's no longer about crazy cartoon animals (Sonic, Crash, Spyro, Bubsy, etc) it's about dudes with guns. Sonic isn't going appeal as much in this generation..
---
Currently Playing: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3), WWE '13 (360), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#22Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 4:43:11 PM
But I like Master Chief and Samus blowing up stuff as much as I do painfully trying to play Bubsy or EWJ. Dammit! Why can't these kids be more like me? lol
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#23AntiyonderPosted 1/6/2013 5:33:50 PM
Depends. Back before other companies got a Mega Man or Castlevania game, did a majority of gamers associate Mega Man or the Belmonts as Nintendo characters?
#24Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 5:38:15 PM
Antiyonder posted...
Depends. Back before other companies got a Mega Man or Castlevania game, did a majority of gamers associate Mega Man or the Belmonts as Nintendo characters?

I wouldn't be able to answer that one because by the time I found MM and Castlevania, they'd already been on multiple systems for a while.
---
#25LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/6/2013 5:39:42 PM
Nintendo should just buy SEGA / Sonic Team.

Sonic Team already proved they can make 3D Sonic great with Generations, if Nintendo took them in, Sonic can get back to the top and have a true iconic rivalry with Mario.
---
Currently playing - Xillia 2, KH 3D, Persona 3
#26EndgamePosted 1/6/2013 5:44:52 PM

there's a reason why a large number of people were pushing for Mega Man in Brawl once Snake was announced
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#27Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 5:47:49 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
Nintendo should just buy SEGA / Sonic Team.

Sonic Team already proved they can make 3D Sonic great with Generations, if Nintendo took them in, Sonic can get back to the top and have a true iconic rivalry with Mario.

But then I wouldn't have gotten the sweet PS360 version of Generations, and that makes me sad.

Also, Endgame brings up a solid point on that one.
---
#28Mega_RatPosted 1/6/2013 6:06:28 PM
My kids will grow playin my Atari 400, Sega Master System, Sge Genesis, NES and SNES, so they'll be ready to know who's from where and not be worried about graphics.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D