I wonder how many kids will grow up thinking Sonic is a Nintendo character......

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I wonder how many kids will grow up thinking Sonic is a Nintendo character......

User Info: WickedSickJosh

WickedSickJosh
3 years ago#21
You'd be surprised how many kids don't even know who Sonic the Hedgehog is.

Also, you people have to remember, kids don't care or understand ownership properties. I used to work at GameStop and I'd always get kids asking for Halo on the Wii and Mario on the 360. Kids don't just understand. It's also a different generation. It's no longer about crazy cartoon animals (Sonic, Crash, Spyro, Bubsy, etc) it's about dudes with guns. Sonic isn't going appeal as much in this generation..
Currently Playing: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3), WWE '13 (360), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"

User Info: Lord_Frood

Lord_Frood
3 years ago#22
But I like Master Chief and Samus blowing up stuff as much as I do painfully trying to play Bubsy or EWJ. Dammit! Why can't these kids be more like me? lol
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group

User Info: Antiyonder

Antiyonder
3 years ago#23
Depends. Back before other companies got a Mega Man or Castlevania game, did a majority of gamers associate Mega Man or the Belmonts as Nintendo characters?

Lord_Frood
3 years ago#24
Antiyonder posted...
Depends. Back before other companies got a Mega Man or Castlevania game, did a majority of gamers associate Mega Man or the Belmonts as Nintendo characters?

I wouldn't be able to answer that one because by the time I found MM and Castlevania, they'd already been on multiple systems for a while.

User Info: LLL_Deadly

LLL_Deadly
3 years ago#25
Nintendo should just buy SEGA / Sonic Team.

Sonic Team already proved they can make 3D Sonic great with Generations, if Nintendo took them in, Sonic can get back to the top and have a true iconic rivalry with Mario.
Currently playing - Xillia 2, KH 3D, Persona 3

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 years ago#26

there's a reason why a large number of people were pushing for Mega Man in Brawl once Snake was announced
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

Lord_Frood
3 years ago#27
LLL_Deadly posted...
Nintendo should just buy SEGA / Sonic Team.

Sonic Team already proved they can make 3D Sonic great with Generations, if Nintendo took them in, Sonic can get back to the top and have a true iconic rivalry with Mario.

But then I wouldn't have gotten the sweet PS360 version of Generations, and that makes me sad.

Also, Endgame brings up a solid point on that one.

User Info: Mega_Rat

Mega_Rat
3 years ago#28
My kids will grow playin my Atari 400, Sega Master System, Sge Genesis, NES and SNES, so they'll be ready to know who's from where and not be worried about graphics.
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I wonder how many kids will grow up thinking Sonic is a Nintendo character......

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived