Could the 3DS handle Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess?

#21jjeerryyonly9Posted 1/6/2013 6:44:14 PM
smashmaster1111 posted...
I would rather they make Windwaker on 3DS instead of Twilight Princess.
But even more then those I would rather have a new Zelda. (I think... you never know when a game is going to just plain suck)

So this.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
PSN: RadKickAss /// 3DS: 0662-2594-4115
#22AnclationPosted 1/6/2013 7:03:50 PM
Didn't the topic about Xenoblade for the 3DS establish that the 3DS could handle that game? If it can handle Xenoblade, Twilight Princess shouldn't be a problem.

Either way, I'm not at all interested in a 3DS version of Twilight Princess. Majora's Mask is the only Zelda game I want to see get a 3D remade, the other games are too recent and wouldn't be receiving much of a visual facelift anyway. Plus, Majora's Mask is one of my all-time favorite games.
#23GoldenSun3DSPosted 1/6/2013 7:29:51 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
3DS=Wii actually.

Wii=weaker than my 10 year old PC I sold on Craigslist for $30. Then again modern PCs are infinitely stronger than PS3, X360, & WiiU combined.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4!
http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/ | http://facebook.com/pages/Operation-Sunrise/371417546251291
#24VelocirapteryxPosted 1/6/2013 7:49:34 PM
smashmaster1111 posted...
I would rather they make Windwaker on 3DS instead of Twilight Princess.
But even more then those I would rather have a new Zelda. (I think... you never know when a game is going to just plain suck)

I agree with this. Besides, we're already getting MM3D once they make a new 3DS Zelda.
#25DeathSnipe777Posted 1/6/2013 7:49:48 PM
I think the 3DS could easily handle Twilight Princess, a Gamecube game.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#26jedinatPosted 1/6/2013 7:54:11 PM
Anclation posted...
Either way, I'm not at all interested in a 3DS version of Twilight Princess. Majora's Mask is the only Zelda game I want to see get a 3D remade, the other games are too recent and wouldn't be receiving much of a visual facelift anyway. Plus, Majora's Mask is one of my all-time favorite games.

Plus a portable version would have to get a save state/restore type save system, which would be very welcome.
#27thatguyoncheesePosted 1/6/2013 7:54:53 PM
GCN = Wii
3DS = GCN

Therefore,

Wii = 3DS
---
do you even lift bro
#28DeathSnipe777Posted 1/6/2013 7:58:36 PM
GCN = Wii
3DS = GCN

Therefore,

Wii = 3DS

Actually, Wii is two GCNs taped together. :o
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#29thatguyoncheesePosted 1/6/2013 8:00:49 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
GCN = Wii
3DS = GCN

Therefore,

Wii = 3DS

Actually, Wii is two GCNs taped together. :o

GCN + GCN = Wii.

3DS has 2 screens.

1 screen = GCN.

2 screens = Wii.

You're welcome.
---
do you even lift bro
#30gransPosted 1/6/2013 8:12:48 PM(edited)
It could handle it, 3DS is more powerful than Gamecube or Wii. I'm not going to make the claim that TP will or should come to the 3DS (though I enjoy the game), but there's nothing stopping them from pulling it off tech spec wise (besides crappy porting of course, which has been known to bring even the most powerful system to its knees).

I'm more interested in seeing what this "new" Zelda is going to be anyways. I hope to see that before any more ports of Zelda games are made.

Wii=weaker than my 10 year old PC I sold on Craigslist for $30. Then again modern PCs are infinitely stronger than PS3, X360, & WiiU combined.

PC's have been stronger than their console counterparts from their respective eras for a very long time now. Even when the PS3 and 360 were brand new, PC's of the time outclassed them. Same goes for last gen, even the strongest systems of that era (GC and Xbox) were beaten easily by PC's of the time. Modern PC's own the current gen (including Wii U) and are basically assured to beat the next gen Xbox and Playstation systems as well. And the PC is likely going to remain king of the hardware unless PC's die.

Plus a portable version would have to get a save state/restore type save system, which would be very welcome.

Eh, what? I don't see that happening. That's only for Virtual Console games. A Majora's Mask remake would likely be in the same vein as OOT3D. Unless I've been missing something, OOT3D doesn't have save states.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville