So, considering buying a 3DS, but

#1wheresatariPosted 1/6/2013 7:04:08 PM(edited)
I heard tell of many of them breaking down. On top of that, I'd be getting it for about $124. It will have no warranty or anything. Any advice?

Also, it will have no games or SD card, so I'll basically have a worthless system for a few weeks until I get something to play and save with.

I won't be buying OoT since I've played it a million times, and I won't be getting Tales of the Abyss since I already own it.This means that, at first, the only games I'll be playing, when I can afford them, are KH DDD, KH Re:Coded, KH 358/2 Days, TWEWY and maybe Radiant Historia. Anything else coming that'll make me say WOW I gotta have this system> I'm pretty much strictly an RPG guy btw.

How much is an SD card anyway?

Worth it, or no?

Thanks for any help!

Edit: I play SRPGs as well.
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
#2zavlinzPosted 1/6/2013 7:05:51 PM
devil survivor overclocked is a very good srpg.
#3king_darksPosted 1/6/2013 7:18:22 PM
wheresatari posted...
I heard tell of many of them breaking down. On top of that, I'd be getting it for about $124. It will have no warranty or anything. Any advice?

Also, it will have no games or SD card, so I'll basically have a worthless system for a few weeks until I get something to play and save with.

I won't be buying OoT since I've played it a million times, and I won't be getting Tales of the Abyss since I already own it.This means that, at first, the only games I'll be playing, when I can afford them, are KH DDD, KH Re:Coded, KH 358/2 Days, TWEWY and maybe Radiant Historia. Anything else coming that'll make me say WOW I gotta have this system> I'm pretty much strictly an RPG guy btw.

How much is an SD card anyway?

Worth it, or no?

Thanks for any help!

Edit: I play SRPGs as well.

It kind of sounds like you are heavily strapped for money. I suggest saving enough money to get a sd cards and games immediately with the system. If that not a option then.

1.I never heard of such. Can you link to a few articles or is this info you got from a friend. If the latter it should be taken with a grain of salt. Also I believe you should atleast get a warranty on it.

2. Strictly Rpg yet you list Kh3d? Hmm.... Anyway

Ghost recon shadow wars (Srpg similar to the following)
Fire emblem awakening
Devil survivor as already said.

I personally don't know all of the Rpg titles available asides from these few so it the list isn't likely to be this small.

3.Sd cards are cheap. No more then 20 if that.
---
School days are back.
#4Ruff_PuffPosted 1/6/2013 7:23:58 PM
I always recommend the XL to people who haven't had a DS before, I love it so much. :3
But really, the XL is said to display DS games better than the original 3DS. Apparently with the original you can either have the games stretched or shrunk, but I wouldn't know.

Oh, and I haven't heard many stories of the 3DS breaking down. I've heard of people breaking them, and dropping them in water, but not failing.
---
PSN: Ruff-Puff
#5wheresatari(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 7:28:58 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63630238

Here's just a few. Since it's in one topic, it may be the minority.
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
#6wheresatari(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 7:33:45 PM
Btw, what are the differences between XL and regular besides what you noticed about the DS games?
---
#7FuzzyJelloPosted 1/6/2013 7:38:35 PM
It sounds like your in the same bind I am; only I took it as reason to wait another year or two until the library expands and it's more worth a purchase.

wheresatari posted...
Btw, what are the differences between XL and regular besides what you noticed about the DS games?

I think XL has a better battery life, and the standard model has sharp edges the XL doesn't.

king_darks posted...

2. Strictly Rpg yet you list Kh3d? Hmm.... Anyway

It's far more RPG than action game, I don't know what else you'd call it.
#8wheresatari(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 7:48:49 PM
Action RPG, I guess. I like the Tales series and Star Ocean series, which are more action-y. I also played and liked the LoZ games. I guess I should say JRPG so people don't throw in things like Fallout and Skyrim-type RPGs.
---
#9Makeveli_livesPosted 1/6/2013 7:58:34 PM

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/06/SystemSizeInline2.jpg

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/06/ScreenSizeInline.jpg

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/06/HardwareDetailsInline2.jpg
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6142 0263
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#10RocketZXbluePosted 1/8/2013 7:21:28 AM
I recommend Code of Princess if you like action RPGs it has like 50 playable characters that can all be leveled up.