Nvidia announces handheld system - new possible competition for 3DS?

#31Gattsu_XIPosted 1/7/2013 2:25:01 AM
Save some time, name it "N-Gage 2" and proceed to flush it down the nearest toilet.
#32KlRBEHPosted 1/7/2013 2:28:18 AM
That actually looks pretty cool, if it isn't too expensive I might grab one if it has some games I'm interested it
---
http://i.imgur.com/fUaBI.jpg
I NEEDUH MONSTA TA CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBEH
#33DCarnagePosted 1/7/2013 2:48:38 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
It'll just catch fire when you turn it on.

It's not portable if you have to always keep it plugged in to power it.

More like the Novidia (lol twice the puns).

OMG! I freakin LOL'd to this.
#34Big_IsaacPosted 1/7/2013 2:57:03 AM
opening the bet office now!
how quickly is this thing going to bite the dust? 1 year? 6 months? 2 weeks? make your predictions here!
win up to 10 times the monopoly dollars you bet if you predict correctly!
hurry now, before all the good lifespans are taken!
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#35DoctorDalekPosted 1/7/2013 2:59:23 AM
I'm happy with PSP, Vita and 3DS. No need for na overpriced system running Android and its games/apps.
I won't buy it just for FF Dimensions and Chaos Rings.
#36NathanisDrakePosted 1/7/2013 3:07:13 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
opening the bet office now!
how quickly is this thing going to bite the dust? 1 year? 6 months? 2 weeks? make your predictions here!
win up to 10 times the monopoly dollars you bet if you predict correctly!
hurry now, before all the good lifespans are taken!

6 days.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iGtSX.png http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#37Dogbert617Posted 1/7/2013 3:28:20 AM
The inevitable N-Gage, of 2010s portable systems.
---
What are you reading here for? There's nothing to see here. It's over, continue reading elsewhere. Go...
#38Panic_at_discoPosted 1/7/2013 4:03:36 AM
Flop:
---
Nintendo gang and if you aint with then you in the food chain
#39xKYSxPosted 1/7/2013 4:05:05 AM
definitely would get this.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#40NewavePosted 1/7/2013 4:16:40 AM
I see many problems with this...

If it's a gaming console it NEEDS exclusives to survive, and good ones at that. I fail to see how it can get a single exclusive title without causing problems.

The way it's describes is that it uses Android and streams computer games as it's two only options for games.
Now if it starts making exclusive Android games it will undoubtedly anger just about everyone who has a device using Android that isn't the Shield, all other companies that make devices that use Android and all other companies that use Nvidia hardware because it makes the Shield a competitor to all of them.

And the whole streaming games from high-end PC's-feature doesn't exactly mean exclusive titles either, it just means it can run a few specific games that are on PC IF you happen to have a high-end PC enough for the job.

In this day and age it would also need more than just the basic ability to run games seeing as all of the competition has much more to offer, like built in cameras, touch-screens, lots of software functions like internet browsers, music, video etc. etc. etc. and as far as what has been revealed of the Shield it has Android games and streamed PC games and that's it. Maybe it will have a touch-screen (It sure looks comfortable to use the Shield as a touch-screen device, doesn't it!?), maybe it'll get a built in camera, maybe it'll utilize the Android system for apps and other functions beyond just playing games, but even if it does ALL those things it'll still be little more than a tabled with button-based controller, which is something already out on the market as been mentioned before in pretty much every thread about the Shield so far, like the iControlPad and so on.

As a peripheral for high-end PCs to play games a few meters away from the actual PC it feels like a flop. I've used my PSP as a remote controller for my PC using homebrew programs, and while it was fun for a while, using programs and even managing to play some games, it ended up being used mostly to stream music while I was in other rooms, effectively making the whole feature completely redundant seeing as PSP can already have music on it without streaming it from a computer.
I can't help but feel that the Shield's streaming capabilities will be just as short-lived for those who buy it. They'll tire of streaming stuff from their computer and just end up using it for the Android part.

As a portable Android game system it also feels like a flop for obvious reasons. The vital games are missing and if they make the games needed it'll just cause more problems than it will solve.

I just can't see this not flopping completely.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV