Nvidia announces handheld system - new possible competition for 3DS?

#71triple_leiPosted 1/7/2013 9:49:04 AM
I'm not a PC gamer at all, but TV-output is always good. Hopefully Nintendo and Sony can "borrow" that feature.
#72psoesmPosted 1/7/2013 10:18:40 AM
This thing doesn't need exclusives since it's not a gaming system. It's essentially a 5' android tablet with a controller that can play android and steam games.
#73n00bsaib0tPosted 1/7/2013 10:19:05 AM
I'm not a PC gamer at all, but TV-output is always good. Hopefully Nintendo and Sony can "borrow" that feature.

Doesn't the PSP have that feature?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#74QuestofChosenPosted 1/7/2013 10:22:48 AM
psoesm posted...
This thing doesn't need exclusives since it's not a gaming system. It's essentially a 5' android tablet with a controller that can play android and steam games.

Looks like it can play more than steam games. Battlefield 3 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted aren't steam games.
#75psoesmPosted 1/7/2013 10:37:40 AM
QuestofChosen posted...
psoesm posted...

Looks like it can play more than steam games. Battlefield 3 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted aren't steam games.

I didn't know that. I wasn't it bashing it btw. I just think some people are being hypocritical on here since they'll say they only get into portable gaming when it has controls and then do a 180 still when controls are introduced. Almost as if they're in denial that handheld gaming is popular on something besides a Nintendo and Sony device.
#76sejan12Posted 1/7/2013 2:04:55 PM(edited)
I can't figure out the point of this thing. First, the thing is ugly. It doesn't even look like it will close very snugly. It runs android games, but how well will it be supported considering that most android users won't have physical controls. It may piggy back the hypothetical success of the Ouya, I guess. The PC streaming is kinda cool, but it'll be there will be a very noticeable input lag while streaming a 720p picture and sound to the machine unless it has an awesome connection. It may have to take a FPS cut to keep up with PC streaming. The TV out is a cool feature, but ultimately it is going to be annoying to use.

In the end, I figure this thing will have pretty low sales unless it comes at an awesome price, but I doubt it will. In the end, it'll be more expensive than the 3DS and, at best, the same price as the PSVita. Either of those systems will be a superior alternative to this thing for most people simply because of exclusives.

People will buy this to play roms on emulators.
#77AppleJockRidaPosted 1/7/2013 2:08:47 PM
The vita is life dont you guys know. If we dont have vita what will we have left?
#78GN_XPosted 1/7/2013 2:14:13 PM
jaytee979 posted...
>Mobile cell phone technology
>Nvidia

>Implying OP isn't already in self-combustion mode

Again though, it doesn't matter how much tech you throw at a console. Nintendo already proved they can make games. I mean...

Yeah I want a pet elephant. But who's gonna clean up the poop?

It's why I own a hamster.

Vita and 3DS both use cellphone hardware.
#79Rurouni720Posted 1/7/2013 2:15:26 PM
Wow, and people said the OG 3DS design was terrible....
#80ecco6t9Posted 1/7/2013 6:24:01 PM
I can't help but get the feeling this is going to help crash the industry again.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.