Thanks for nothing Nintendo Customer service

#1MEFreak1984Posted 1/7/2013 7:18:09 AM
I used to have an ambassador 3DS. I traded it in for the XL for the better battery life, and no hand cramps. I figured my old downloads could be re-downloaded on my XL, but no, Nintendo insists on locking everything to one console or handheld. You need to keep all your systems if you want to transfer anything. And do they tell you this? NO! I tried Customer service this past weekend, they said they could probably give me the ambassador cert if I had the Serial Number from my old and new system. After an hour on the phone, the guy says: "I'm terribly sorry, they said you need the trade in receipt that had your 3DS on it" I even had that, and still they refused. Come on Nintendo, take a hint from Microsoft, Apple, and Sony, use an account system that doesn't restrict you to one device.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: FangBanga84
"Diggin Minecraft Style"
#2MEFreak1984(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 7:18:44 AM
I just needed to vent, I feel so much better now.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: FangBanga84
"Diggin Minecraft Style"
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 1/7/2013 7:26:08 AM
you mean it doesn't strike you as odd when the eshop doesn't ask you to sign into anything when booting it? get a clue.
#4n00bsaib0tPosted 1/7/2013 7:30:21 AM
This is the same company that I argued with for 5 months before they would do my repair because they kept telling me they don't service imported systems. Their damn website says they do repairs for APO addresses, but apparently buying a 3DS on base is now the same as being a South Korean dude and importing it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#5PokeCrisPosted 1/7/2013 7:38:00 AM
There's a reason there's a system transfer option in the settings, you can't blame Nintendo because you decided not to look up information about keeping your stuff and moving it on to a new 3DS.
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 5115 1260 9292
3DS FC: 0989 2453 5916
#6shampoowarriorPosted 1/7/2013 8:44:18 AM
Well at least Nintendo fixed this problem with the WiiUblahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#7DarkLink346Posted 1/7/2013 9:10:08 AM
This isn't news, TC. You never created an account, so there was no account to recover history from. It sucks and it's pretty behind the times, but if you'd done literally any research, you would have known this beforehand.
---
Use the damn search button!
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
#8Grand_BluePosted 1/7/2013 9:20:09 AM
I want a 3DS, but I'm waiting on an account system to be released before I get one, unless Pokemon comes out before that.
#9DarkIVloonPosted 1/7/2013 9:24:08 AM
ha ha ~ nelson
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#10keyblader1985Posted 1/7/2013 10:08:10 AM
DarkLink346 posted...
This isn't news, TC. You never created an account, so there was no account to recover history from. It sucks and it's pretty behind the times, but if you'd done literally any research, you would have known this beforehand.

Sums it up. Nintendo's archaic methods aside, things like this prove this is a generation of lazy bones who can't be bothered to look up some information in order to secure their belongings.

...But then on the other side we have people who do extensively research everything relevant to their purchases, but whine at every little thing that's not to their liking. So I don't know.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai