Thanks for nothing Nintendo Customer service

#31_Izanagi_Posted 1/10/2013 4:52:20 PM
What the hell is this BS?! Nintendo is using a Stone Age eshop and all you Nintendrones say that it's TC's fault that Nintendo sucks? This is 100% Nintendo's fault for doing it in the first place. Get a life.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
I really wish I had a device that could punch people on the Internet.
#3290sRetroGamingPosted 1/10/2013 5:22:18 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
What the hell is this BS?! Nintendo is using a Stone Age eshop and all you Nintendrones say that it's TC's fault that Nintendo sucks? This is 100% Nintendo's fault for doing it in the first place. Get a life.

I honestly don't know anyone else who uses a method like this. nothing should be locked to a console... period. time to do a trade in or sell your current one?.. you should be able to:

1. Simply "deactive" the current eShop account on the 3DS and remove the SD card.

2. Trade in or sell that now useless 3DS.

3. Buy that new 3DS/3DS XL.

4. Boot up your new 3DS/3DSXL and insert your old SD card.

5. Log into the eShop on the new 3DS with your Nintendo Network I.D.

6. "Re-activate" your old eShop account.

7. 3DS checks your old SD card for purchases and content you originally had on your old 3DS.

8. Confirms it's yours.

9. Everything works as was on your old 3DS.

10. Happy! ^_^.

Nope... can't do this with Nintendo...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#33Mariofan15Posted 1/10/2013 5:27:17 PM

Someone is butthurt.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#34kdognumba1Posted 1/10/2013 5:45:57 PM
MEFreak1984 posted...
I used to have an ambassador 3DS. I traded it in for the XL for the better battery life, and no hand cramps. I figured my old downloads could be re-downloaded on my XL, but no, Nintendo insists on locking everything to one console or handheld. You need to keep all your systems if you want to transfer anything. And do they tell you this? NO! I tried Customer service this past weekend, they said they could probably give me the ambassador cert if I had the Serial Number from my old and new system. After an hour on the phone, the guy says: "I'm terribly sorry, they said you need the trade in receipt that had your 3DS on it" I even had that, and still they refused. Come on Nintendo, take a hint from Microsoft, Apple, and Sony, use an account system that doesn't restrict you to one device.

You what? You figured??? This is Nintendo we're talking about, never "figure" anything. ALWAYS have 100% confirmation before you do something.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#35Super SlashPosted 1/10/2013 6:14:18 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

Someone is butthurt.

It's true though. Nintendon't do so good anymore.
#36Mariofan15Posted 1/10/2013 6:30:13 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

Someone is butthurt.

It's true though. Nintendon't do so good anymore.

No,it isnt.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#37Super SlashPosted 1/10/2013 6:32:12 PM
Yes it is. >.>

There's no excuse for them being as behind the times as they are. Their online system has always been awful (until the Wii U came out).
#38TinyTim123Posted 1/10/2013 6:34:56 PM
I'll say it again: Who the hell trades in systems in the first place? Seriously.

What ever happened to saving your money to get what you want?

While I agree that some sort of account based system would be superior to that which Nintendo currently has, have we become such a disposable society that trading in one's system when the next thing has become the norm?

I think I have sold a system exactly once: It was one of my two Dreamcasts, I sold it to a coworker who really really wanted one. I needed cash to buy catfood, had a spare Dreamcast, viola.

I didn't trade my 3DS in to get my Vita. I planned ahead and saved up. I didn't trade my DSLite to get my 3DS, I planned ahead and saved up. Stil have my PSP2000. I don't have my original PS any more because I gave it to a friend. I don't have my PS2 for the same reason.

All you damn kids, quit going around selling your systems! (Shakes walker at damn kids skateboarding on the lawn!)
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#3990sRetroGamingPosted 1/10/2013 7:20:30 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
I'll say it again: Who the hell trades in systems in the first place? Seriously.

What ever happened to saving your money to get what you want?

While I agree that some sort of account based system would be superior to that which Nintendo currently has, have we become such a disposable society that trading in one's system when the next thing has become the norm?

I think I have sold a system exactly once: It was one of my two Dreamcasts, I sold it to a coworker who really really wanted one. I needed cash to buy catfood, had a spare Dreamcast, viola.

I didn't trade my 3DS in to get my Vita. I planned ahead and saved up. I didn't trade my DSLite to get my 3DS, I planned ahead and saved up. Stil have my PSP2000. I don't have my original PS any more because I gave it to a friend. I don't have my PS2 for the same reason.

All you damn kids, quit going around selling your systems! (Shakes walker at damn kids skateboarding on the lawn!)

I'm pretty sure people are only trading in their old 3DS in order to get a (imo) better version of the 3DS, whether it be the XL version for the 90% larger screens that make a HUGE difference or a LE designed 3DS bundle (Zelda 3DS, Fire Emblem 3DS, Mario, Animal Crossing and Pikachu 3DS XL's etc) that will surely be worth a huge amount of money in the future.

As for me, unless the trade-in value's price is reasonable for what i would like to recieve for my old Ambassdorless Aqua Blue 3DS ($150 at least) it will remain packaged up in my house getting no use unless Aqua Blue becomes rare and sought after in the future, which i doubt.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com