Wind Waker Remake idea

#1CAPSARPosted 1/7/2013 7:48:22 AM
Iv'e got an idea for a remake of Zelda Wind Waker. I'd like to see them only change the artistic style of the game from the cell shaded to something more akin to TP or the remake of OOT.
---
Pokemon White FC 2279 9001 8467
#2lifelackPosted 1/7/2013 7:57:04 AM
I hate TP art style so no for me. There is nothing wrong with WW art style. It was really creative.
#3gransPosted 1/7/2013 8:01:15 AM(edited)
No. And that would piss a lot of people off (even though many hated it when they first saw it, I think it's fair to say people in general seem to adore Wind Waker and its art style).

I actually remember Electronic Gaming Monthly did an April Fools joke where they claimed Nintendo was doing exactly that though. The gag said that if you preordered Twilight Princess then you'd get a copy of the Wind Waker with TP style visuals. They even posted a fake screenshot in the magazine to show what it might look like.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4ryudin89Posted 1/7/2013 7:59:07 AM
Part of Wind Waker's charm IS the art style. Why would you want them to ruin that?
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#5CAPSAR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 8:03:01 AM
grans posted...
No. And that would piss a lot of people off (even though many hated it when they first saw it, I think it's fair to say people in general seem to adore Wind Waker and its art style).

I actually remember Electronic Gaming Monthly did an April Fools joke where they claimed Nintendo was doing exactly that though. The gag said that if you preordered Twilight Princess then you'd get a copy of the Wind Waker with TP style visuals. They even posted a fake screenshot in the magazine to show what it might look like.

I remember that myself that's where my idea came from.

To this day I like the game just still not a fan of the art style.
---
Pokemon White FC 2279 9001 8467
#6GreyFoxCasshernPosted 1/7/2013 8:08:42 AM
Yeah... that sounds more like a brain fart. Why waste all that time, when a new experience could be made.
#7pikachupwnagePosted 1/7/2013 8:11:32 AM
CAPSAR posted...
Iv'e got an idea for a remake of Zelda Wind Waker. I'd like to see them only change the artistic style of the game from the cell shaded to something more akin to TP or the remake of OOT.

-9001/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
---
I'll wrap the world in happy boobs next year- Kenichiro Takaki.
Possibly the best qoute ever.
#8BlueBombei2Posted 1/7/2013 8:17:18 AM
I like the game as it is. So let's don't go changing it!
#9DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/7/2013 8:24:58 AM
Instead of changing the art style for a remake, how's about we get those dungeons that were cut from the final game and replaced with that tri-force quest?
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#10WickedSickJoshPosted 1/7/2013 8:45:15 AM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
Instead of changing the art style for a remake, how's about we get those dungeons that were cut from the final game and replaced with that tri-force quest?

If they didn't add in all the stuff the cut out of OOT when they remade it there's no way they'd do it for this game. T_T
---
Currently Playing: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3), WWE '13 (360), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"