Is Pokemon the most milked franchise in the history of gaming?

#121EvilSock1990Posted 1/12/2013 6:56:37 PM
Sagadego posted...
Carbuncle009 posted...
Sagadego posted...
ratchet200 posted...
Sagadego posted...
ignoring MrSpacelySlate for spewing crap. final fantasy is milked alot more.

Except they actually change it up a bit.

i'm talking ports of final fantasy 1,2,3and 4

What I find funny is Square could easily profit from a FF7 port. But they don't.

Why? Because they want a FF game to be "as successful as FF7" before they remake 7.

instead the keep doing final fantasy 13 which people hate right now.

you do realize the FF13 trilogy is actually very popular right?
just because the vocal minority that is GFAQS hates it doesn't mean everyone does.
#122damionignisPosted 1/12/2013 6:58:00 PM
I look at this thread and I see that everything TC posted in the original post is accurate. It is, without a doubt, the most milked franchise. You guys can keep posting other franchises, but having read through all of them, none of them are accurate.

The problem here is that you all seem to be taking offense. There's nothing wrong with them milking Pokemon. They're making money hand over fist and giving gamers and collectors things they thoroughly enjoy enough to spend all of the money on it. It's win-win for everyone but those few of us who would like to see the games improve beyond what we've seen a dozen times.

tl;dr: He's right. That doesn't have to be a bad thing.
---
Not changing this line until I decide I want to! (12/20/12)
#123EvilSock1990Posted 1/12/2013 6:59:58 PM
damionignis posted...
I look at this thread and I see that everything TC posted in the original post is accurate. It is, without a doubt, the most milked franchise. You guys can keep posting other franchises, but having read through all of them, none of them are accurate.

The problem here is that you all seem to be taking offense. There's nothing wrong with them milking Pokemon. They're making money hand over fist and giving gamers and collectors things they thoroughly enjoy enough to spend all of the money on it. It's win-win for everyone but those few of us who would like to see the games improve beyond what we've seen a dozen times.

so pokemon is more milked than COD which is released yearly?
#124WizardofHothPosted 1/12/2013 7:05:21 PM
No I dont think Pokemon is the most milked game franchise.

The Mario games I really do think they've been milked enough where its the same thing over and over.
#125X195Posted 1/12/2013 7:17:34 PM
I love Pokemon as much as the next guy, but saying that it "sells a lot" and a "lot of people love it"is a good argument is silly. Just look at CoD.
---
Call me Mega, Megaman, X, or any variation/combination of the previously stated names.
Official Liu Kang of the PS3 Mortal Kombat board.
#126Mariofan15Posted 1/12/2013 7:26:47 PM
damionignis posted...

Lol. iGenesis is never right about anything since he whines about the same crap everytime.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#127Carbuncle009Posted 1/12/2013 7:41:40 PM
EvilSock1990 posted...
you do realize the FF13 trilogy is actually very popular right?
just because the vocal minority that is GFAQS hates it doesn't mean everyone does.

Popular =/= Good
Look at the Twilight saga.

And I personally wasn't swayed by Gfaqs when it came to me hating FF13. It kinda just stinks. It's not the worst FF game (that title goes to FF14. Seriously, every time you mention FF14, a homeless puppy doesn't get adopted), but it's not good either. The linearity, Hope, the wasted opportunity, it all makes me kinda hate the game.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#128doraemonllh1989Posted 1/12/2013 7:41:51 PM
pokemon is the call of duty of nintendo
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#129parKb5Posted 1/12/2013 7:51:31 PM
I don't think it is milked more than any other franchise, but I do wish they would come up with a new main story for once. Everyone already knows how Pokemon X & Y are going to play out...Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Pokemon Champion.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#130Baha05Posted 1/12/2013 7:57:04 PM
parKb5 posted...
I don't think it is milked more than any other franchise, but I do wish they would come up with a new main story for once. Everyone already knows how Pokemon X & Y are going to play out...Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Pokemon Champion.

Well honestly what other stories CAN you get out of it?
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz