Is Pokemon the most milked franchise in the history of gaming?

#131diebuster2Posted 1/12/2013 9:02:53 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
damionignis posted...
I look at this thread and I see that everything TC posted in the original post is accurate. It is, without a doubt, the most milked franchise. You guys can keep posting other franchises, but having read through all of them, none of them are accurate.

The problem here is that you all seem to be taking offense. There's nothing wrong with them milking Pokemon. They're making money hand over fist and giving gamers and collectors things they thoroughly enjoy enough to spend all of the money on it. It's win-win for everyone but those few of us who would like to see the games improve beyond what we've seen a dozen times.

tl;dr: He's right. That doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Lol. iGenesis is never right about anything since he whines about the same crap everytime.

And that's your argument to dismiss his? Surely you can try harder.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#132parKb5Posted 1/12/2013 9:06:49 PM
Vyers posted...
Additionally, I don't see how people can say that having two different versions of a Pokemon game don't count as separate releases. They count because there is no way that Nintendo does not both know and expect that people will buy both.

When Black 2/ White 2 came out I said that they should have made Black 2 for the DS since the DS cases are black and the cartridges are black and make White 2 for the 3DS since the 3DS game cases are white and the carts are white and everyone posted that that was a horrible idea b/c then people with only a DS couldn't get both versions. If according to the people on this topic that both copies should only count as one game, why would it make a difference if one is on the DS and one on the 3DS?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#133Trailblazer34Posted 1/12/2013 9:23:00 PM
pichufan2000 posted...
Same cookie cutter formula

iGenesis topic.

ironnny
#134Jounetsu2105Posted 1/12/2013 10:36:41 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
iGenesis topic.
#135FAT____MANPosted 1/12/2013 10:48:39 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
iGenesis topic.
#136mohomadPosted 1/12/2013 11:42:34 PM
Carbuncle009 posted...
EvilSock1990 posted...
you do realize the FF13 trilogy is actually very popular right?
just because the vocal minority that is GFAQS hates it doesn't mean everyone does.

Popular =/= Good
Look at the Twilight saga.

And I personally wasn't swayed by Gfaqs when it came to me hating FF13. It kinda just stinks. It's not the worst FF game (that title goes to FF14. Seriously, every time you mention FF14, a homeless puppy doesn't get adopted), but it's not good either. The linearity, Hope, the wasted opportunity, it all makes me kinda hate the game.

Popular=/=Bad
---
{GT: CrimsonJ0Hard} {Pokemon White 2: 5286-9236-8445 Aketsuo}
{Pokemon White: 1249-3761-7016 Pheron}
#137MrSpacelySlatePosted 1/12/2013 11:49:37 PM
roadtosalvation posted...
I totally agree with this man... or woman... the Pokemon after the first 151 are INSANELY lame... it's like they completely ran out of ideas and just started making any ideas they hucked at the scratch paper into Pokemon.

Because gems like Voltorb, Ditto, and Seel are HIGH QUALITY art.
#138Homie_202Posted 1/13/2013 12:15:12 AM
No cod is
#139Bancario51Posted 1/13/2013 1:01:50 AM
Wouldnt the award really go to Square enix foracting like its some major announcement that something big and cool is coming and then it ends up they are just porting all their old stuff to the Ipad to sell to the mobile masses?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#140parKb5Posted 1/13/2013 8:43:13 AM
EvilSock1990 posted...
damionignis posted...
I look at this thread and I see that everything TC posted in the original post is accurate. It is, without a doubt, the most milked franchise. You guys can keep posting other franchises, but having read through all of them, none of them are accurate.

The problem here is that you all seem to be taking offense. There's nothing wrong with them milking Pokemon. They're making money hand over fist and giving gamers and collectors things they thoroughly enjoy enough to spend all of the money on it. It's win-win for everyone but those few of us who would like to see the games improve beyond what we've seen a dozen times.

tl;dr: He's right. That doesn't have to be a bad thing.

so pokemon is more milked than COD which is released yearly?

What about Madden? That's been a yearly game since 1988? Why don't you mention that?

CoD may have a yearly release but that is about it. You don't see CoD toilet paper or CoD seaweed in the super markets.

Plus, there is at least a Pokemon release every year like Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, PokeDex Pro, Pokemon Dream Radar, ect. Then there are the cards, the anime, the toys, the stuffed animals, the list goes on and on.

I'm not saying it is bad, or that they should stop doing it, but you have to admit Pokemon is milked to high heaven.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg