Is Pokemon the most milked franchise in the history of gaming?

#31RazieruPosted 1/8/2013 7:19:39 AM
Of course it is, and even more so now TC. Just LOOK at the "legendary" Pokemon that will "grace" the cover of X and Y. One is a celestial Sawsbuck in the shape of a Y, and the other is a deviant Braviary in the shape of an X.

I can imagine the "creativity" that will ooze out of the other Pokemon. Maybe we will get an ICE CREAM STAND Pokemon to complement Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#32Lord_FroodPosted 1/8/2013 7:22:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#33Lord_FroodPosted 1/8/2013 7:34:17 AM(edited)
LOL iGENISIS TOPIC HAHA I'M EDGY AND HIP

Ignoring you SILLY SALLIES (I love my mods!) who do this, I have to say that it is up there. They still manage to give a good amour of new content each generation, but with the exception of B2/W2, I feel like the third installment of each generation was just a lazy cash-in which could have instead been the original version if they just delayed it by a year or two, which I am perfectly okay with.

I'd have to say Street Fighter is probably the most milked series ever.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#34SMASHKING84Posted 1/8/2013 7:37:17 AM
you acidentally posted your sig twice^

anyway i really don't see how the hell pokemon is more milked then madden or any other sports game franchise,they literally come out every single year and 99% there just 60dollar expansions.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#35RazieruPosted 1/8/2013 7:42:43 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
anyway i really don't see how the hell pokemon is more milked then madden or any other sports game franchise,they literally come out every single year and 99% there just 60dollar expansions.

Yeah because Pokemon totally hasn't regurgitated the same ideas in Pokemon starters alone, let alone even more uncreative ideas for Pokemon EVERY SINGLE GENERATION. Who knew that this gen there would be yet another water, fire, and grass trio to choose from; let alone legendaries to hunt down that will be the cover of the box's art work for the games.

I love how you all have to seek some other franchises to blame for being milked or whatever as the basis of your "defenses".
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#36kakashik99992Posted 1/8/2013 7:44:59 AM
It's the second most profitable franchise of gaming
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#37RazieruPosted 1/8/2013 7:51:13 AM
^ Doesn't hide the facts. It just proves that the standards of people have plummeted even more.
---
#38Lord_FroodPosted 1/8/2013 8:01:32 AM
Look, I can understand most complaints, but whining about the usual starter types and having legendaries on the box is like complaining about how Bowser is always the final boss or that Kingdom Hearts is going to have Disney in it. It's just part of the game now.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#39Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/8/2013 8:04:23 AM
You can't have different starter types anyway.

Newcomers can easily figure out Grass > Water > Fire > Grass using real world logic.

They can't do the same with Dark > Psychic > Fighting > Dark.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#40iGenesis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 6:25:10 AM
Angry Birds has so much freaking merchandise it's staggering.

Pokemon doesn't have more merchandise than AB?
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif