Pokemon X and Y looks...

#1KrimsoN111Posted 1/8/2013 8:24:52 AM
The game looks a bit old...like a ds game on half-hearted steroids...i mean, remember Pokedex 3D? that looked amazing! this...looks like dragon quest 9...thoughts?
---
Today...we game...
#2Soanevalcke6Posted 1/8/2013 8:26:30 AM
Honestly? I think it looks amazing. Not to Ni no Kuni level, but pretty close.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#3Lost_Seraph09Posted 1/8/2013 8:29:01 AM
The battles look great with the nice animations and self shadowing.
#4Lost_Seraph09Posted 1/8/2013 8:30:44 AM
And finally there are backgrounds in battle. BW2 had backgrounds in PokeWood, but it's nice seeing them in real battles.
#5CrapFactoryPosted 1/8/2013 8:30:47 AM
My only concern is animation speed.

When games go 3d devs seem to often make animations much slower and more impressive to your eyes. However, after a few times it just gets old and drags on.

The starters are kind of ugly. IMO the ugliest yet (specifically that water one mostly). But I don't care. This is now my most wanted game!
#6AbysmalTrinityPosted 1/8/2013 8:33:04 AM
Pokemon X and Y will look better on the 3DS. You have to factor that it's being enlarged, that's why it looks a little bit terrible.
---
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity
#7Lost_Seraph09Posted 1/8/2013 8:34:23 AM
Hopefully you can turn off animations like in every other pokemon game, but I'm positive that you can.
#8kakashik99992Posted 1/8/2013 8:36:57 AM(edited)
Yeah they toned down the world graphics(put it similar to a better DQIX esque) so the battles and probably size could be awesome

And the starters are the best since Gen 3 by FAR
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#9robinhoekPosted 1/8/2013 8:39:58 AM
CrapFactory posted...
My only concern is animation speed.

When games go 3d devs seem to often make animations much slower and more impressive to your eyes. However, after a few times it just gets old and drags on.

The starters are kind of ugly. IMO the ugliest yet (specifically that water one mostly). But I don't care. This is now my most wanted game!

Kinda agree but the grass one looks the worst in my opinion. The water type starters have all collectively looked the best. Froakie is a good edition. There have been water frogs before but they don't remotely look like froakie. The other two are a bit generic though the fire type still manages to look alright. It is nice that grass got something that wasn't a lizard though.
#10MorgalagaPosted 1/8/2013 8:40:13 AM
Jiminy Christmas! Doesn't Pokeman have its own board?
---
EX-TERM-INATE EX-TERM-INATE EX-TERM-INATE