lol so much buthurt round these parts
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#33Tzuba12Posted 1/8/2013 12:56:46 PM
Endgame posted...
would they kick out Iwata?

if so, things could only improve

afterall, the Wreck-it Ralph producers showed more respect for Mario in not trying to get him in the movie to just be a cameo than Iwata ever did by reducing him to half-assed quick cash in games

Show how much you know. They tried to get Mario in the movie, but he was really expensive to get in. So they settled for Bowser.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#34MachEvolutionPosted 1/8/2013 1:01:30 PM
I would expect Disney would let Nintendo continue to operate autonomously like they have done with Marvel. Basically Disney would get a cut of Nintendo's profits and in return Nintendo would gain access to a significant amount of franchises; Imagine a Smash Bros game that not only had tons of amazing Nintendo characters, but also Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney characters.

That said, I do doubt that this would ever happen. Nintendo has more money than they know what to do with and I don't see them willing bowing to a western corporation.
#35LorthremarPosted 1/8/2013 1:11:19 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
Here's what I said about Disney buying Lucasfilm:

"Oh boy, I can't wait for the next Star Wars movie! Mickey Mouse is going to be added in digitally, and he's going to wear Jedi robes and carry a lightsaber, and Yoda will be back from the dead, and they be Bestest Friends Forever! They'll go on wacky Milo & Otis-style adventures together, but don't worry! It's Disney. No one's going to be dying anymore because Disney a while ago stopped depicting death to maintain their family friendly image. Hooray!"

Replace all Star Wars references with Mario ones. In other words, **** Disney in the ear. I'd be done with Nintendo if they allowed themselves to be bought by Disney. Disney would just bastardize Nintendo's franchise like they're going to bastardize the Star Wars Expanded Universe. I'd rather sit back and watch George Lucas ruin the Star Wars franchises than to sit back and watch Disney do it. At least George Lucas wouldn't mess with the Expanded Universe plot lines. And I refuse to watch Disney do the same to Nintendo.

You're a joke.
---
1. No one f***ing asked.
2. Wrong board, Holmes.
#36RedYoshi27Posted 1/8/2013 1:18:30 PM
Prepare for potential disney references in my nintendo games.
---
NNID: BowMasterPit
Married to Flannery; Official Scyther of the Pokemon X board
#37thealmightydibPosted 1/8/2013 1:42:45 PM
free-to-play pay-to-win all nintendo franchises on iphone, occasionally android....
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U
#38Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/8/2013 3:10:56 PM
Disney has done well with the marvel license, brought star wars back from the dead, and knows what fans want to spend their money on. It wouldn't be terrible but I'd rather the company stay independent.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#39Merc123Posted 1/8/2013 3:18:09 PM
I would be completely fine with it. Disney is one of the companies that actually manages there properties well.

I would be surprised if they bought Nintendo though. I was not surprised when they boguth Lucasfilm, since Star Wars and Disney already had a big partner ship at the theme parks. Just go to Hollywood Studios and look at all the Star Wars Mechandise, and then the Star Wars Weekends they have there every weekend, and a big part of the park is taken up by the Star Tours ride and Tattoine Traders gift shop.

Nintendo would probably be right at home under Disney's wing.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#4090sRetroGamingPosted 1/8/2013 4:12:35 PM
I loved Disney since i was a baby but no... just no.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com