Your reaction: Disney buys Nintendo

#41MrKunioPosted 1/8/2013 5:26:01 PM
I'm sorry. I would quit on Nintendo if this ever happened. I dislike Disney and all of their brainwashing ways. And i hate their logo too!
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#42MrKunioPosted 1/8/2013 5:29:39 PM
DarthLaharl posted...
Disney already owns a lot of stuff that people watch/read and they don't even know it because they are so blinded by their hate for Disney's channel. SMH. Remember how they made ESPN, Marvel, and Star Wars all kiddy? Me either. Disney buying Nintendo would be awesome.
---

No. just no.

Lucas sold his company to Disney just like Marvel sold out. THEY SOLD OUT. They wanted the money and they were done with it, might as well sell to the highest bidder/giant monstrosity of a conglomerate.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#43IHeartMetroidPosted 1/9/2013 7:45:39 AM
We have to put this into perspective, ya? Gotta separate what I see as the two most recent "Disney eras", so to speak.

You see, when you say "Disney", we've actually got some pretty specific "shift eras", and that COMPLETELY changes the company, both in focus and as a whole.

The first era we've got is the "Walt Era". This is when the guy was alive and making sure his stuff didn't completely suck. Mickey and the other "iconic" characters were really still new prototypes, and the main focus was taking old fairy tales and putting them onscreen. Think Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella. There was a WHOLE lot of crap that the people in his company tried to get through but he stopped, because he actually did insist on quality.

The next era is the "Walt is Dead" era. After he passed away, Disney went completely to CRAP in terms of quality. We got the lamest, most horrible garbage ever animated, and piles of the most embarassing live-action vomit.

Then we got the Eisner Era. Mike Eisner oversaw an overhaul of Disney from a failing, near-dead corpse of a company into a corporate behemoth by using "his version" of the old formula (take old classics, put them on the big screen). Unfortunately, after they ran out of classics (they went through Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast), they suddenly realized that they didn't have anything left. The last gasp of any quality was when they wholesale ripped off "Kimba the While Lion", and that was all she wrote. The gawd-awful live action crap returned, the gawd awful Disney Channel crap continued the spiral, and a string of films almost as bad as the "Walt is Dead" era took the company into freefall. This is the era most people think of when they think of Disney.

What we have now is what I call The Lasseter Era. He's brought in awesome quality (Pixar) and even Myazaki. We still have the crappy Disney Channel, but you can't win em all...
#44Lord_FroodPosted 1/9/2013 7:53:07 AM
Every not very smart person in this thread who is basing their entire opinion of Disney off of a TV station catered to kids is like assuming that all Nintendo puts out is Mario.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#4521_21Posted 1/9/2013 7:55:23 AM
Expect Mario to be in Kingdom Hearts 3 alongside the Avengers.....
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#46IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/9/2013 7:56:29 AM
See where Disney goes with it and decide from there.

This, hell they might actually dig Nintendo out of the rut they are in.
#47JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/9/2013 9:10:26 AM
Kingdom Hearts would be able to expand across a lot of new worlds...
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PSN PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS FC: 0817-3804-7210