Worth getting? Day 3: Ocarina of Time 3D

#31CcroybbPosted 1/8/2013 4:36:33 PM
It's OoT, and while it's a good game, it's not worth forking over money for, especially if you already played the original. Worth it if you never played it, but not if you already have. Since a lot of gamers have already played it, I'm going to say no.
#32deadpool_legendPosted 1/8/2013 4:44:27 PM
CronoDyne posted...
Shiekah stones most often after exiting a dungeon because the game gave no indication of where I was supposed to go next

Except, of course, Navi telling you exactly where to go so often that she became one of the most annoying characters in video game history. You shouldn't ever need a Shiekah stone.

It was "go to a dungeon, congratulations you got an item. Go get 2 more. Oh you got 2 more? Time for two seconds of story! Now go collect 4 more." It was very disjointed.

Having a set pattern is the antithesis of "disjointed." The game followed a simple pattern throughout; mini quest leading to a dungeon > dungeon > mini quest leading to a dungeon > dungeon and so on. And if you ever get bored of the formula, you have dozens upon dozens of varied side quests to keep you interested.

I consulted Navi every time I got out of a dungeon, her explanations were vague at best. Oh I need to go to the desert? Oh I need Epona first? Thanks for not mentioning that part. Metroid can get away with that type of thing because that's what the game is based around, but when I had more trouble finding the next dungeon than completing the actual dungeon, there's a problem.

And okay maybe disjointed was a poor term. It lacked flow. No story elements were presented to keep the transition between dungeons interesting. Look at Twilight Princess, the story took the reigns after several of the dungeons to introduce new aspects of the story and keep things from getting stale.

You like the game, I don't. We obviously have differing opinions. I'm glad you liked the game, I was just rather bored. It's obviously a good game objectively because look at the ratings it's received, it just did not click with me.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#33Xdz89Posted 1/11/2013 4:48:28 PM
deadpool_legend posted...
CronoDyne posted...
I consulted Navi every time I got out of a dungeon, her explanations were vague at best. Oh I need to go to the desert? Oh I need Epona first? Thanks for not mentioning that part. Metroid can get away with that type of thing because that's what the game is based around, but when I had more trouble finding the next dungeon than completing the actual dungeon, there's a problem.

And okay maybe disjointed was a poor term. It lacked flow. No story elements were presented to keep the transition between dungeons interesting. Look at Twilight Princess, the story took the reigns after several of the dungeons to introduce new aspects of the story and keep things from getting stale.

You like the game, I don't. We obviously have differing opinions. I'm glad you liked the game, I was just rather bored. It's obviously a good game objectively because look at the ratings it's received, it just did not click with me.

You did not NEED Epona for anything, you can hookshot across the gerudo gap quite handily. Navi won't direct you to go to the Spirit Temple til after the water temple, so you SHOULD have the longshot, unless you are going in a different sequence(but good luck with some of the ST puzzles). Epona is basically a faster travel method that is needed to complete the Biggoron sword side/trading quest and get the 4th bottle.

I understand that you didn't care for it ,but saying the game is bad is your opinion. I don't really care that much for the metroid series for basically everything you criticize OoT for, but I won't ever say they're bad games, they are polished and play fine, they just aren't my cup o tea.