It looks like PS Vita is yet again to lose this year thanks to Pokemon X/Y.

#1melvin343Posted 1/8/2013 11:44:42 AM
I'm not trying to be mean to any Vita fans out there but the truth is, with the new gen 6th Pokemon X/Y there is no way that Sony can catch up to sell Vita unless Sony lowers the Vita price and Memory Cards and the there seems to be no killer app game I say the evidences is clear. Let's also not forget that Luigi Manson: Dark Moon, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Monster Hunter, and Animal Crossing. With those games and assuming if Nintendo lowers the 3DS price, Sony might as well just give up.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#2teamaquashockPosted 1/8/2013 11:57:40 AM
Sony basically lost out on a lot of money for not keeping Monster Hunter with them, although it's their fault for trying to force them to put the trophy system.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#3BuretsuPosted 1/8/2013 12:01:37 PM
They won last year. I mean, they had 1 game with a 90+ Metacritic in 2012, while the 3DS had 0. That's what a topic over on the Vita board declared.

Although I think everybody and their dog can exactly guess which game that was.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4Rock_Howard87Posted 1/8/2013 12:07:52 PM
I hope Sony and other developers keeps making games to the Vita, because it is such a great hardware. I got my Nintendo 3DS on release date, and I've played a lot of games on it and seriously had a blast. Still play it sometimes but not that much, since there's still some "new" games I have to buy, like Code of Princess and Paper Mario.

Got the Vita with the Assassin's Creed bundle last year and I gotta say I'm having a blast.
When people say it doesn't have good games, they're completely wrong. Vita may not have big selling franchises such as Mario and Pokemon, but it gets quite a library, specially on downloadable games.

Assassin's Creed is the only game I have on "cartridge" and I have playstation plus to feed me games, and it's doing a good job. Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Uncharted, Jet Set Radio, Gravity Rush, Retro City Rampage and some other great games for "free". I just got Persona 4 Golden, which is probably one of the top 3 games on the console right now, if not the best.

If more people bought it, developers would be willing to design more games to the system, but everytime I read something about the Vita is about the lack of games, which is not true at all. Cross Buy games and Cross Save Are also a great way to play your games out of home and then continue them on console.

All in all, both are great systems, if you can grab both, I highly recommend it, if not, be happy with your choice, without bashing the choice of others.

PS: I'm not criticizing anyone, just saying what I think about both consoles.
---
Pokemon White FC: 2451 3987 6837
#5dancer62Posted 1/8/2013 12:08:49 PM
Ouch! If PokeJunk Monsters is all the 3DS has going for it, it's time to get a Vita.

I played Pokemon Blue years ago. That's more than enough Pokestuff to last a lifetime.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#6pbandjamesPosted 1/8/2013 12:12:03 PM
dancer62 posted...
Ouch! If PokeJunk Monsters is all the 3DS has going for it, it's time to get a Vita.

I played Pokemon Blue years ago. That's more than enough Pokestuff to last a lifetime.

Good for you. Gold Star. I played Person 4 years ago. That's more than enough Persona 4 to last a lifetime.
---
Game news is the best news.
#7MetalLokiPosted 1/8/2013 12:12:20 PM
dancer62 posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qk8V3VcGKk
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#8Rock_Howard87Posted 1/8/2013 12:26:37 PM
Only friggin' letdown on SMT IV is the first person view in battles. This, IMO, is a game breaking feature as I always hated that style of battle. To each his own, though.
---
Pokemon White FC: 2451 3987 6837
#9PendragoonPosted 1/8/2013 12:27:30 PM
Pokemon sells. A lot of people have been waiting for the next Pokemon game to get a 3DS and you can bet next Christmas Nintendo will shift millions of consoles and copies of Pokemon.

Sony really needs to get their act together with the Vita, they seem to want it to fail right now...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#10MRW1215Posted 1/8/2013 12:29:59 PM
The biggest issue with Sony's handheld systems thus far is that the game selections just don't scream "buy me!". For the most part, many of the biggest/ most hyped PSP and Vita games were spin-offs of bigger console games, and honestly, spin-offs just aren't really that exciting. Why play the PSP/ Vita spin-offs of God of War, Resistance, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, etc., when you can just stick to the main games on the consoles? Spin-offs just aren't enough to really hype and sell a device on. The rest of the (non-shovelware) games on PSP/ Vita are remakes, ports, and the occasional hidden gem.

Nintendo handhelds have their share of ports, remakes, spin-offs, and whatnot, but they have their own "major IPs", too. There's the main Pokemon games, there are unique Mario games that aren't found on the consoles, there are separate Zelda games than what's on the consoles, hell, there's even notable third party stuff, like Layton, and the Ace Attorney series. You don't really have to do a lot of fishing to find good games that don't just feel like watered down console spin-offs on a Nintendo handheld.

That's where Sony needs to be focusing on, building up games that you can only truly experience on their handhelds. They had Monster Hunter, for a while, and that was bringing them a good bit of success in Japan, but now Nintendo seems to have won over that franchise.
---
Formerly known as funky1
On Twitter @ MattShaneCEP - tweeting about games, music, shows, wrestling, etc.