Does the new pokemon game have diagnal movement?

#1DarkSideOfBluePosted 1/8/2013 5:00:27 PM
Can it really even be considered a 3D world without it? It's just like using an AR code to change the camera angle in pokemon black if it doesn't have more than 4 directions for movement.
#2GigantLuffyPosted 1/8/2013 5:03:06 PM
Serebii said it's grid based.
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Gundam Musou 3, GODDAMN BATMAN CITY GOTY
#3kakashik99992Posted 1/8/2013 5:12:13 PM
Oh my this is so important. Why there is no diagonal movement why??? Such an amazing and exciting feature I'm astonished
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 1/8/2013 5:12:59 PM
for ****'s sake. it may as well be overhead, all they did was move the camera behind you instead of above you.
#5GigantLuffyPosted 1/8/2013 5:13:48 PM
I would've liked 3d movement as well as the ability to jump. It just makes exploration fun.
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Gundam Musou 3, GODDAMN BATMAN CITY GOTY
#6EternalNetherPosted 1/8/2013 5:21:18 PM
ITT: People who know nothing about game design.

And I'm not going to get into here. Let me just say that it's not as simple as 'All they did was change the camera angle to be behind you'. A lot of sprite based top-down camera games only work in that way, and the environments are designed based on what you see from that angle. MOST of the time, if you were to somehow change the camera angle there would be missing spots in the world because you are not meant to see them in that way. It's entirely different to design a game completely for a 3D environment. As for grid-based movement. it actually makes it easier for when you're grinding post game, and even when you're running around just to hatch eggs.
#7Grand_BluePosted 1/8/2013 5:45:52 PM
This is lame. Period. This is 2013, not 1997. I can't believe Game Freak doesn't care about utilizing the circle pad. I was looking forward to free movement.
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 1/8/2013 5:47:44 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
This is lame. Period. This is 2013, not 1997. I can't believe Game Freak doesn't care about utilizing the circle pad. I was looking forward to free movement.

you know gamefreak, they'd probably want to stick to making gameboy games if it was still alive.