graphics: 3DS, Xbox, GC, Wii.

#11omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 10:02:28 AM
grans posted...
Specs matter when you want a platform that can receive the most variety of art.

That's more graphical horsepower than art, which aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Game artists can find creative ways around technical limitations to create a great looking game if they so wish. Some 90's games still look stunning due to lovely art even considering the technical limits of the time and compared to how far gaming systems have come spec wise. Likewise, games that disregard having a good art style in favor of just pushing raw visual power might not age anywhere near as well as games that instead focused on strong art styles.

Wind waker still looks better then many current gen games,

And Wind Waker is a perfect example of a game that pushes a strong artistic style. It has aged extremely well thus far and will likely continue to look great into the foreseeable future. Kind of funny in retrospect with all the people hating the look when it was first announced.

One game: Naruto ultimate Ninja Storm generation 3. It pretty much in the same art genre as wind waker but its beauty comes when it is in motion. The Gamecube can't provide the same opportunity. But PS3 can play the wind waker. No it isn't one and the same [graphical horsepower and artstyle] but having a more powerful platform will provide a wider range of what artstyle you can make.

For instance, Skyward Swords uses the same cel-shaded technique as the wind waker. Nintendo try to imitate a moving water color painting. So what they did they made blurry textures and use depth of field techniques to intense the water color effect. A weaker machine wouldn't provide the same experience.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#12drafterowarPosted 1/9/2013 10:11:35 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
This topic doesn't seem to have been created with human English in mind...

---
"Are you AC or.....DC?"
#13lifelackPosted 1/9/2013 10:17:36 AM
Art style matter more than anything. That's why you have rayman looking great and FF7 looking like **** today.
WW is still looking really good. I'm not sure TP will hold well in the long run.
#14gransPosted 1/9/2013 10:44:47 AM
Graphics exist to serve an art style, but again good artists can and will find creative ways around the limitations of less powerful hardware and make fantastic looking games.

It's obviously a given that if you put a fantastic artist and powerful hardware together, you've got a winning combination. But the difference is that a good art style can exist and will age like fine wine even without the latest and greatest hardware. Games that neglect a good art style in favor of just pushing the latest visuals will look good only for a very short time period.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#15Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 1/9/2013 1:32:35 PM
packattack posted...
Based on what I've seen from games, they are not better than gamecube. At least not yet.

You must not have played many games, or are looking at GC graphics through rose tinted glasses.

The best games on the 3DS equal or surpass some of the best looking games on the Wii, often running at better frame-rates than their Wii counterparts.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#16SagadegoPosted 1/9/2013 1:36:05 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
I am not exactly a tech guy but in my experience and what I know.

3DS>Wii>Xbox>GameCube>PS2

thats correct, hell i have my ps2 still hooked up to my tv. and this is right.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#17Lord_FroodPosted 1/9/2013 1:44:08 PM
pikachupwnage posted...

I really don't know how on earth you managed to place 3DS above the Wii... Just look at something like Monster Hunter Tri, Muramasa, or Metroid Prime 3. 3DSs best is probably RE:R, and that's simply due to the fact that there's never much to render on the screen at one time.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#18IHeartMetroidPosted 1/9/2013 5:05:24 PM
" that's simply due to the fact that there's never much to render on the screen at one time."

I love these little quotes from people who've never actually PLAYED the game, let alone gone through massive environments like the Spiral Staircase, the Enemy Chase sequences or the whale fight.

Sigh.
#19cadorPosted 1/9/2013 5:20:41 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
" that's simply due to the fact that there's never much to render on the screen at one time."

I love these little quotes from people who've never actually PLAYED the game, let alone gone through massive environments like the Spiral Staircase, the Enemy Chase sequences or the whale fight.

Sigh.

Don't forget that mutated guy fight were lots of those regular enemies fall all around you.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#20pbandjamesPosted 1/9/2013 5:22:08 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
pikachupwnage posted...

I really don't know how on earth you managed to place 3DS above the Wii... Just look at something like Monster Hunter Tri, Muramasa, or Metroid Prime 3. 3DSs best is probably RE:R, and that's simply due to the fact that there's never much to render on the screen at one time.

Clearly you haven't played REvelations, because it does render multiple enemies on the screen along with your partner in online raid mode perfectly fine. Perhaps you should play the game instead of talking out your ass.
---
Game news is the best news.