3DS vs Vita, is it going to be the same DS vs PSP again?

#11MetalLokiPosted 1/8/2013 9:29:03 PM
ugoo18 posted...
Nope this is looking much much worse than DS vs PSP.

The PSP if i remember correctly even had a period of time early on when it outsold the DS or was at least holding it's own quite well against the DS till the Lite dropped.

The Vita on the other hand literally was dropped to die against a 3DS that was just starting to flex it's sales muscle. Now it will take on a 3DS that has not only settled down from early jitters but is now putting it's foot down sales wise with numerous big sellers to be released this year.

Kind of bummed about that.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#12ugoo18Posted 1/8/2013 9:29:35 PM
In terms of JRPG's you probably should go with the 3DS since that so far is getting major Japanese support and with the way it's selling there that probably won't change at all.
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#13Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/8/2013 9:31:50 PM
I'm not sure if the 3DS is still outpacing the DS,

It is.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#14MetalLokiPosted 1/8/2013 9:33:42 PM
If you do like jrpgs then get a 3DS for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qk8V3VcGKk
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#15Lelouch71Posted 1/8/2013 9:48:08 PM
The PSP actually does have some good games outside of Crisis Core. But no it won't be a repeat of the DS vs PSP. As mention the PSP actually had moments (although brief) it gave the DS some trouble. The Vita isn't even a threat to the 3DS in both games and sales. The Vita might pick up one day but it's not going to catch the 3DS. I'm starting to wonder if it will even beat the PSP in LTD sales.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#16McMarblesPosted 1/8/2013 9:49:36 PM
GOING to be?
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#17teh1337gosuPosted 1/8/2013 9:51:32 PM
Ugh, I thought I read this topic 5 years ago..
---
Yvan eht nioj
#18SazukeEXPosted 1/8/2013 10:06:50 PM
That's a matter of opinion, I've had more fun with my PSP than my DS. Only game I actually played on my DS was pretty much just Pokemon and Nintendo First Party stuff.

Right now the only 3DS games that are worth my time is again Pokemon and now Fire Emblem Awakening. Shadow Dragon ****ed on the DS!
---
-Canon FE7 Lovers- Hector/Farina, Lyn/Rath, Eliwood/Ninian, Nino/Jaffar, Barte/Karla, Priscilla/Erk, Wil/Rebecca, Pent/Louise, Raven/Lucius, Legault/Isadora
#19EmeraldroxPosted 1/8/2013 10:17:09 PM
PSP isn't a bad system, but I do agree DS is better. PSP had no region lock, which means I was able to import Project Diva games and Tales Of games, plus its CFW was fun to play with.
You saying PSP had no games worth playing other then Crisis Core is a rather void opinion. I barely played Crisis Core. It never interested me. I have, however logged hundreds of hours into other games
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#20SazukeEXPosted 1/8/2013 10:28:57 PM
You mean bias opinion since the OP didn't mention anything good about the PSP and over-inflated what's good about the DS. Thus bias.
---
-Canon FE7 Lovers- Hector/Farina, Lyn/Rath, Eliwood/Ninian, Nino/Jaffar, Barte/Karla, Priscilla/Erk, Wil/Rebecca, Pent/Louise, Raven/Lucius, Legault/Isadora