3DS vs Vita, is it going to be the same DS vs PSP again?

#21TheFlamingCPosted 1/8/2013 10:38:20 PM
PSP did all right, this seems to be a bit different. The Vita is really doing beyond awful right now, and the future doesn't look bright.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#22Lupin the 4thPosted 1/8/2013 10:41:57 PM
Emeraldrox posted...
PSP isn't a bad system, but I do agree DS is better. PSP had no region lock, which means I was able to import Project Diva games and Tales Of games, plus its CFW was fun to play with.
You saying PSP had no games worth playing other then Crisis Core is a rather void opinion. I barely played Crisis Core. It never interested me. I have, however logged hundreds of hours into other games

DS isn't region locked either. My copy of Jump Ultimate Stars says so. ;). Glad it still plays on my 3DS.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#23BringerOfPiePosted 1/8/2013 10:44:28 PM
You know, even though the DS obliterated the PSP sales-wise, the PSP still did decently all things considered. Drastically overhyped by Sony as the device that would end Nintendo's handheld reign, yes, but easily more successful than any other handheld competitor Nintendo's dealt with, and successful enough for Sony to try again this generation with the Vita.

Of course, the way the Vita's going so far, even repeating the PSP's numbers seems like a pipe dream. Yes, the 3DS turned around its early misfortunes by fixing its pricing mistakes, but the Vita has yet to do so. And with the 3DS's first main Pokemon games announced today (you know, those convenient little things Nintendo puts out every few years that print lots and lots of money), it seems like now-or-never for the Vita.
#24elkenPosted 1/8/2013 10:47:18 PM
rktn_odin posted...
DS pretty much destroy PSP in term of games variety, sales, and JRPG.
The only game worth played in PSP is Crisis Core.

So, right now I am not going to fail again by buying Sony's handheld. This week, gonna buy the 3DS.

Should I wait a bit longer for next 3DS enhanced version?

PS:
- No, I don't have much money to buy both of them. At least in short time.
- Yes, I am a big fan of JRPG.

are you serious ? lol

I own both DS and PSP and beside that the PSP has better screen, better graphics and better desing to hold in your hands, the DS is just there collecting dust because of the overwhelming numbers of good JRPGs on the PSP.

...and about the PSVita, sounds so silly every time I hear that the PSVita has no games... lol I wonder if those ppl are or blind, or just trolls...

Below an example of 15 good games for the PSVita, all those games are 'gems". Not even the 3DS has so many good games.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv355/elkenm13/PSV15bestgames.jpg

*I own all those titles (except the 2 that are coming soon).
---
---
Fav Genre: JRPG / Fav Consoles: Sony & Nintendo / Fav Handheld: PSVita
#25helldewPosted 1/8/2013 10:49:44 PM

LOL

you need to get some taste in games and badly at that.

Crisis core isnt even a good PSP game at that >.<

DS beat the PSP in sales the PSP held its own in many many ways and has a vast selection of great games.

the Vita though yeah... that thing has a lot of pretty bad problems. on the plus side if you really dont like buying games getting a vita and getting PSN+ really isnt to bad of an idea.

the 3DS has a pretty lacking libary right now to though not as painfully lacking as the vita (where you can play a lot of what the system has to offer in like a month). it needs more meaty games on it that usually come later in the life span. both have some decent titles but not enough worth buying the system for kinda games.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#26kewldude475Posted 1/8/2013 11:14:22 PM
rktn_odin posted...

I've never seen anything so wrong on this board.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#27DarkSideOfBluePosted 1/8/2013 11:19:49 PM
It's really sad when fanboyism prevents a person from seeing the good games on the other side of the fence.
#28PaladinAlikPosted 1/9/2013 12:03:00 AM
rktn_odin posted...

So, right now I am not going to fail again by buying Sony's handheld. This week, gonna buy the 3DS.

PS:

given that the XL was released just about 4 or 5 months ago, an enhanced version is a long way off I imagine. However, a special edition 3ds /xl may be on the horizon with pokemon x/y

the regular 3ds had the zelda edition which is frigging smexy. a cool metroid/mario/zelda themed 3ds xl would probably get me to buy another at this point.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#29rktn_odin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 12:21:21 AM
PaladinAlik posted...
rktn_odin posted...

PS:

given that the XL was released just about 4 or 5 months ago, an enhanced version is a long way off I imagine. However, a special edition 3ds /xl may be on the horizon with pokemon x/y

the regular 3ds had the zelda edition which is frigging smexy. a cool metroid/mario/zelda themed 3ds xl would probably get me to buy another at this point.

Thanks for the info.

@everyone else
I don't know guys, it's just my personal opinion :)
Even tho I really really want to re-play the Persona 4 via the Golden on Vita badly :(
---
Do you know what is this: C Right A Left A Up C Right A Left A Up
And this: A C Up B Up B A Down
#30moogle69Posted 1/9/2013 12:22:36 AM
Aside from the BBS and dissidia 012, PSP was mostly un memorable. PSP felt like it was mostly made to be a ps1 portable.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD