Question about 3DS XL screen.

#1superstud69xPosted 1/8/2013 10:54:10 PM
I remember when the DSi XL came out, people were saying the screen looked a bit worse than the regular DS/DSi screens since they didn't increase the pixel density or something like that. Is the 3DS XL the same thing? Does the regular 3DS look better?
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#2superstud69x(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 11:05:09 PM
bump because board is fast
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#3aamotPosted 1/8/2013 11:10:40 PM
Regular 3DS would look a little sharper and crisper, but you'd never notice it unless you had both systems side by side and were forced to make a decision.

The real difference is when playing DS games on them. Some games fill out the XL's screens very nicely while others have some blurriness issues, which would be harder to see on the regular's smaller screens.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#4superstud69x(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 11:12:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5PaladinAlikPosted 1/8/2013 11:15:09 PM
aamot posted...
Regular 3DS would look a little sharper and crisper, but you'd never notice it unless you had both systems side by side and were forced to make a decision.

The real difference is when playing DS games on them. Some games fill out the XL's screens very nicely while others have some blurriness issues, which would be harder to see on the regular's smaller screens.

this ^
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#6Fr33zPosted 1/9/2013 12:50:12 AM
Owning both the original and XL I would say full 3D games like Kingdom Hearts, OoT, and Kid Icarus look better on the XL screen imo but 2D games like New Super Mario Bros 2 look a little bit more pixelated. Its not really that noticeable though, its the DS games where you start to notice it but you can still play them in their native resolution and I prefer it on the XL due to the fact that its not cropped so small like on the regular one.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
#7OoSubaruoOPosted 1/9/2013 12:51:58 AM
You guys must focus on these things a lot, when I play my DS games on the XL I don't really see a difference at all.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062