Physical games instead of digital

#1LinkSSJ6Posted 1/9/2013 9:26:56 AM
Say a guy buys NSMB2 or another game in physical copy.
I read somewhere you get a code with the physical that lets you download the game for free anytime you want if you feel like it. Is that true?

If it is, does that means you can give/sell/lose/destroy the physical copy of the game and keep owning it digitally forever and ever?
---
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly become any dumber.
You go and do something like that.
#290sRetroGamingPosted 1/9/2013 9:28:48 AM
LinkSSJ6 posted...
Say a guy buys NSMB2 or another game in physical copy.
I read somewhere you get a code with the physical that lets you download the game for free anytime you want if you feel like it. Is that true?

If it is, does that means you can give/sell/lose/destroy the physical copy of the game and keep owning it digitally forever and ever?

Nintendo?. no.. lol.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#3LinkSSJ6(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 9:34:42 AM
Anyone?

I'm trying to help a friend out.
---
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 1/9/2013 9:37:19 AM
he just said - NO.
#5TerotrousPosted 1/9/2013 9:42:15 AM
It's Sony that does this, not Nintendo.

You do get a code with your physical purchase of any Nintendo game, but that's just a registration code for Club Nintendo (if you buy a game digitally it gets registered automatically).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#6LinkSSJ6(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 9:42:39 AM
Ok.

"nintendo? ...lol.. no" sounded like a trollish comment so I ignored it.
---
#790sRetroGamingPosted 1/9/2013 9:58:45 AM(edited)
LinkSSJ6 posted...
Ok.

"nintendo? ...lol.. no" sounded like a trollish comment so I ignored it.

It wasn't suppose to be and i wasn't trying to come off funny to you. i was being serious. Nintendo won't and is too stubborn to do this while other companies out there will. they refuse to get with the times for certain things and the way they handle digital games is one of them. sorry if my comment came off the wrong way lol.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#8Panic_at_discoPosted 1/9/2013 10:07:16 AM(edited)
Terotrous posted...

You do get a code with your physical purchase of any Nintendo game, but that's just a registration code for Club Nintendo (if you buy a game digitally it gets registered automatically).

The same greedy company that would sell you a 1 dollar pen for 50 dollars just because they can , would do that?I mean Sony really? Wow i guess you learn something new each day.
---
Nintendo gang and if you aint with then you in the food chain
#9triple_leiPosted 1/9/2013 10:20:49 AM
Panic_at_disco posted...
Terotrous posted...

The same greedy company that would sell you a 1 dollar pen for 50 dollars just because they can , would do that?I mean Sony really? Wow i guess you learn something new each day.

I don't even think Sony does this.

You can get codes for a handful of games, but they're at full price for digital only. You're not getting a physical game and the download code for the game.

The other scenario is if you do get a code, it's for buying one of the handful of cross-buy games, so if you buy a PS3 game that's cross-buy (physical or digital), you get the Vita digital version of the game for free. Note this doesn't always work the other way around, on account of Vita games being cheaper than PS3 games. Gotta buy the PS3 version first, not the Vita version.
#10yankee6903Posted 1/9/2013 10:25:15 AM
Several games do and support what is called "cross buy" on the Vita. You buy the PS3 version of all stars battle royale, sound shapes, or Retro City Rampage, you get it free on the Vita.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative