Megaman Battle Network 3DS

#21magicaltopPosted 1/11/2013 1:50:44 PM
3>2>1>5>4

Unfortunately never played the 6th one. Heard it was a great one though.
---
ITT, we compare our hard drives like it's our ****-size.-Aight_Then
#22zinformantPosted 1/11/2013 1:57:23 PM
The Capcom survey game them clear results, so, if a BN compilation digital download is deemed feasible, we'll see an announcement probably next year. If not, I'd expect the series to not see the light of day for another 5yrs at least.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#23TheRealMrManPosted 1/11/2013 2:18:08 PM
grans posted...
I dunno what went wrong with BN4 to be honest. Pacing felt off, the story felt like it was trying to do a lot at once but under-developing the important plot elements. I feel like BN5 sort of took elements of BN4 and did them somewhat better. I'd probably have considered 5 as on par with some of the others but I'm not a big fan of liberation missions. I have nothing against strategy RPG's like Tactics Ogre, Shining Force, and Final Fantasy Tactics. But I just didn't much feel it was done as well in BN5.

The first game is probably the third worst in the series, though largely because it was the first one and didn't have the polish some of the later games had. BN 2 and 3 are probably the best, though I feel 6 is close or on par with them. If I had to pick my favorite in the series though, I'd say 3 is mine.

This series gets a lot of criticism and I can understand the logic behind some of it. But I can't help but enjoy the games (some of them anyways). The battle system was somewhat creative actually and fun to play around with, lots of depth for players to tinker with if they chose to.

4 was so bad. The dark chips were useless and ill conceived, having the whole story consist of a boring tournament was a joke, being forced to play through the game multiple times to get all the soul unisons was a joke, soul unisons themselves requiring the sacrifice of a chip for 3 turns of use was lame, and I seem to remember being disappointed with the chip selection. I'm sure there were other things too. MMBN2 was one of my favorite GBA games and 3 was really good too, 4 was just so disappointing after those two that it's one of the only games I've ever actually returned for a refund.

2 is still my favorite overall and it actually has some great dialogue at parts, but 6 is probably the best game and I'd probably sooner replay it than 2. The combination of the navi customizer and the cross system just makes it more fun to play.
---
https://soundcloud.com/edsped/sets/metal
#24NettoSaitoPosted 1/11/2013 2:27:51 PM
Give us Battle Network 3, with online battles! People would be playing it for years to come...
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#25deoxxysPosted 1/11/2013 8:40:21 PM
grans posted...

The first game is probably the third worst in the series, though largely because it was the first one and didn't have the polish some of the later games had.

Meh, its WAS the first one so it was the classic one, I even enojoyed it after playing 2 and 3.

The BEST quality about 1 was it had the least chip restictions, meaning you could have like 10 of the same chip (normal ones)

Oh and in my opinion:

1=2=3=6>5>4

---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#26FefnirOmega13Posted 1/11/2013 8:44:42 PM
deoxxys posted...
Voker13 posted...
Yes! And I hope they make it like BN3 and BN4 combined, which were my 2 favorite battle networks.

lol 4 was the worst MMBN game of the series, im suprised you didnt say 4 and 5 which were the 2 worst others were all amazing.

I can sum up the whole 4th game right now.

Enter a big tournament.
Every different opponent is a different part of the story.
Whats that? You mean Lan Hikari could have won most of the tournament by default because most of his opponents didnt show up? And he HELPS them get back to the match everytime? LOL.

5th was a weak link in the series but it was no where as bad as 4.

gtfo

4 was bad, 5 was awful, 6 was meh, but nothing can compare to the travesty that was THE VERY FIRST GAME.

2>3>6>4>5>>>>BCC>1
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#27deoxxysPosted 1/11/2013 11:37:18 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
deoxxys posted...
Voker13 posted...
Yes! And I hope they make it like BN3 and BN4 combined, which were my 2 favorite battle networks.

lol 4 was the worst MMBN game of the series, im suprised you didnt say 4 and 5 which were the 2 worst others were all amazing.

I can sum up the whole 4th game right now.

Enter a big tournament.
Every different opponent is a different part of the story.
Whats that? You mean Lan Hikari could have won most of the tournament by default because most of his opponents didnt show up? And he HELPS them get back to the match everytime? LOL.

5th was a weak link in the series but it was no where as bad as 4.

gtfo

4 was bad, 5 was awful, 6 was meh, but nothing can compare to the travesty that was THE VERY FIRST GAME.

2>3>6>4>5>>>>BCC>1

LOL the first one was great, it was simple, its the classic of the MMBN series. The lack of chip restriction alone made it great.

Dunno how you can say 6 was meh, twas amazing, the "dungeons" were actually fun.
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#28zinformantPosted 1/12/2013 5:34:40 AM
I hope you folks realize that, reductionistically, 4 is NOT as bad as folks say? It's popular to hate, but it's only bad in the narrative department. The first, second, and maybe fifth games aren't so hot there, either. To someone who isn't a fan, all six games may as well be the same game (like Pokemon).
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#29DemiseEndPosted 1/12/2013 5:48:27 AM
BN1 and 4 is the absolute worst of the series

1 because its.... 1
4 because it has badly thought mechanic and messy storyline in general. Replaying is painful i tell you

5 is the general "standard" of the series, because of its general genericness, and being the first game that removes infinite PA usage. The bad sides, is the fact that as a result of the game's genericness, every folder relied on Blinder

3 and 6 is the best, 3 for general enjoyment despite its ridiculously stupid balancing. While 6 is not crazilly ballanced in general, it was not at the low level of 3(ironically the field changing chips are the most useful in 3).

2 is the second/third best after 3 and 6, just because it makes 3's ballancing looks normal

So...

Enjoyable factor wise:

3 > 2 = 6 > 5 > 4 > 1

4 has a small niche for having the most challenging final boss i guess....
1 is the absolute lowest because of its crazy bad mechanic

Ballance

5 > 6 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

As bad as 3 and 2 is(read: Matches are decided by the person who can push the button first), 1 still has the absurdity of Recover + Aura Folder which is basically unbeatable
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#30Kenichi34Posted 1/12/2013 6:25:06 AM
I'd prefer Mega Man Star Force 3DS, but I'd still jump for a Battle Network 3DS. You heard us in the online survey, Capcom!
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth