I hate my father. He is just a mean-spirited drunk.

#1Swan3624Posted 1/9/2013 6:50:06 PM
Warning: To skip the BlogFAQs and get straight to the actual meaning of this post, look for the emoticon bunny, and proceed as such.

I hate him. Has he ever hit me? No. Has he ever threatened me? Not physically. But his tone of voice... it's so intimidating, especially when he's drunk. I hate him so much. The way he treats any conversation, the way he talks to my mom, the way he condescends down to everybody he talks to. I. Hate. Him. I would rather die than become like him.

"Oh think of the positive experiences you had with him" - Oh yeah, you mean all three that I can actually pinpoint? Yeah, real good father there. He was always there for me, you know. Always supported me. Always loved me. **** him. He didn't do any of this ****. He just sat there, asking questions, to "make sure I knew what I was talking about." Get off your ****ing high-horse, ****head.

He used to be way worse when he was drunk, the way he yelled at all of us. Terrifying, truly. He is the reason I am a misandryst. I can't trust men, I view them all as disgusting two-faced pigs that owe nothing to the world but mean spirits and angry words. Of course there are exceptions, but generally, if I'm talking to a guy for the first time, I immediately hate him, just like I do, my father. Oh yeah, and to top it all off, I'm a ****ing guy. **** that, m i rite?

So what is the point of this post? No point at all. /blogFAQs

(\ /)
(^.^)
(")(")

To keep this on-topic:

I ventured to my house to recover some lost 3DS games that I must have forgotten during my move to my apartment a few months ago (that's where the frustrating interaction with my father, listed above, came into play. Now it all makes sense, right?), and I found my New Super Mario Bros. 2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D, StarFox 64 3D, and even my Viva Piņata: Pocket Paradise cartridge! I also smuggled over my Super Paper Mario and Epic Mickey games for my Wii.

One game still being MIA worried me, though: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. I spent 48 hours in that game, beat it, and loved it to death. Obviously since I was done with it, though, I put it away... but apparently not in its case. I checked the case, and it was missing! I checked all my cases at home, and it was in none of them... until I opened New Super Mario Bros. 2, and like a glint of a goldmine, there it is, in all its black and purple? glory! Dream Drop Distance! :D

So I'm about to play me some mean New Super Mario Bros. 2, and maybe even get some of the Coin Rush DLC. We'll see if I'm too rusty to take advantage of that DLC, though... we shall see, indeed.
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#2ShadowRisaePosted 1/9/2013 6:56:19 PM
It sounds like you live on your own now. That means that you don't have to interact with your father if you don't want to.

I hate my parents (mainly my mother) for various reasons that I'd rather not get into. I'm currently 29. I moved out of the house when I was 18. I have not seen them a single time since then, don't even know where they live anymore (not where they were, that's all I know), and I'm 100% happier that way.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.
#3KeleenRemPosted 1/9/2013 7:00:21 PM
Sometimes, it feels like I'm the only people who was parents that like me.
#4MetalLokiPosted 1/9/2013 7:01:18 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/139/7/c/goa_hiimdaisy_by_killerdraco-d3gpsey.jpg
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#5pbandjamesPosted 1/9/2013 7:27:48 PM
BlogFAQs indeed, even the part that isn't about your father.

But, I think you need to stop reacting like this. Now, before you go off and say that I don't know what I'm talking about, let me tell you that I've experienced similar things from my step-father, which was even worse considering he's not my real father and considering other matters I'm not discussing.

But grudges will do you no good. You just need to live life and move on. It sucks, but now you're not a part of his crap anymore. As crazy as it sounds, you need to forgive him and move on. Not forget though; if you get in repeated car accidents with a friend, you can still forgive them, but not forget about not trusting them as a driver. You need to forgive your father because not doing so is still a measure of control over your life that he has. If you harbor anger for him, he'll always have that over you, and it's unhealthy. It's hard, but it needs to be done. Remember, you don't have to be friends with your father, just don't let him spike your anger. His problems are his own, and you can't let them affect you anymore.

Your feelings towards men are not good. I suggest you go see a professional and discuss it, and a really good close friend if you have one willing to listen. Remember, not everyone is your father. There are plenty of great, cheery, and friendly people out there. Projecting your father on to them could ruin potential friendships. Just don't be suspicious of people immediately; by getting to know them, you open up what kind of person they are. Once you know how they really are, then decide to disassociate with them.

Also, remember that your father is a person too. There's most likely a reason why he drinks and is so cold. It doesn't make it right, but it makes it easier to forgive. He probably won't tell you why he's like that, but people are usually unwilling to talk about the things that have changed them. Something that affected him horribly put him down a path that ended up hurting you. Maybe he was molested, maybe he was abused, maybe he just had a father who was the same kind of cold drunk. You might never know. Just remember that you can't let his experiences that became your experiences push you into a vicious cycle of coldness. That's why you have to forgive him and stop the premature judging of the men you meet. You can do it, just try and keep trying and keep trying and never stop.

Well, that's my advice. Take it as you will.
---
Game news is the best news.
#6b1gt0nePosted 1/9/2013 7:29:46 PM
ShadowRisae posted...
It sounds like you live on your own now. That means that you don't have to interact with your father if you don't want to.

I hate my parents (mainly my mother) for various reasons that I'd rather not get into. I'm currently 29. I moved out of the house when I was 18. I have not seen them a single time since then, don't even know where they live anymore (not where they were, that's all I know), and I'm 100% happier that way.

that's sounds ruff. I can't imagine what would make someone hate their mother that much. I'm not judging, I feel for you man.
#7yankee6903Posted 1/9/2013 7:29:56 PM
Eh I dont know how bad it is but at least you have a father. mine bailed when I was 3 and have seen him 3x in 34 years since. I try very hard to give my two heathen toddlers the best life and not put them through what I had to.

I love those little guys.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#8DarkIVloonPosted 1/9/2013 7:34:34 PM
cheer up emo kid
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#9CHOVI3Posted 1/9/2013 7:46:59 PM
Hating guys only because of one person and realizing the reason but still doing it is really stupid IMO.
---
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 Now playing Persona 3 Portable
#10Chykka_BlackPosted 1/10/2013 3:22:25 AM
I sometimes get massive amounts of rage towards my mom and sometimes i really do hate her, but she is my mom. Even if she tried outing me to my family in cold blood a few years back I've moved on. Forgiveness is definitely not easy but it sure is a relief
---
Pokemon White FC: 4427-3698-5253 Izzi
3DS FC 4081-5675-7223