"Your just wasteing money on a game you've already played 100 times"

#1PsychoWolfXPosted 1/9/2013 7:49:35 PM
A good friend of mine, who I play video games with all the time, seems to hate everything Nintendo does these days. The topic title is one of his favroite jabs when it comes to the 3DS. Now, I do admit that he does have a point. I HAVE played Starfox 64 and OoT countless times since I first got them on the N64, but that really dosen't matter to me. I'd rather pay $40 for a old game that I never get tired of and am sure to get hours of entertainent out of then $60 for a console game that I may or may not even bother to beat.

Then he likes to pull out the " 3D is a stupid gimmick " card.
I don't see why he even bothers bringing this up with me. I can't see 3d and don't really have any interest in it to begin with. If the 3D helps sell more systems, good. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have fun with it.

Then we have the Wii. He actually owns a wii and we do play the sports titles and monster hunter every now and then, plus there are plenty of titles on the Virtual console we both love. He still loves to point out how horrible Skyward Sword and othr M are though. (I know most people seem to hate other M, but it actually looks pretty good to me)

I've expressed some interest in the Wii U, of course he hates it, says the controller looks stupid ect.

For the most part I just shrug all of his anti nintendo drivvle off. It's all just opinions and it's none of his bussiness what I spend my money on. Unfortunetly, most of my other friends share his views "Nintendo sucks" " -insert M rated console PC game here- is so much better " " last gen graphics" "kiddy games" blah blah blah

TL DR

Most of my friends dislike Nintendo and ridicule me for "wasteing" time and money on Nintendo systems/games.
Anyone else here have to put up with this kind of foolishness?
#2Chenmaster2Posted 1/9/2013 7:50:34 PM
Rarely.

I just ignore them.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#3PsychoWolfX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:54:40 PM
That's all you really can do I guess. It's hard sometimes though lol. I was just talking to a friend over MSN and sent him a link to Pokemon X/Y Trailer and he responds with " who cares, it's just more Pokemon. I thought you were gonna get Diablo 3 and Battlefeild 3"

ugh
#4Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/9/2013 7:55:36 PM
" who cares, it's just more Pokemon. I thought you were gonna get Diablo 3 and Battlefeild 3"

LMAO

You should have pointed out his hypocrisy.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#5ceedofevilPosted 1/9/2013 7:56:41 PM
It's my *bleep* money. I'll do whatever the *bleep* I want with it.
---
"I don't think this is funny. I wasted my time entering." -GameFAQ's new slogan.
#6Swan3624Posted 1/9/2013 7:56:46 PM
*You're

Sorry. It was bothering me a lot.
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#7BigDaddyWingnutPosted 1/9/2013 7:56:51 PM
This has been going on since the Genesis/SNES days. Just enjoy what you like and try to focus on your common interests. :J
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
A man is incomplete until he gets married. Then he's finished...
#8PsychoWolfX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:00:09 PM
lol good point there. I did tell him like a year ago that I would get BF3 so we couldplay online together, but I have since sworn off all online shooters other then Halo and TF2
AS for D3, I have spent the better part of a decade ADDICTED to D2 LoD , and had planned on picking D3 up when it came out. Then I actually played a bit of it on his PC....no thanks.
#9Dark_AbaddonPosted 1/9/2013 8:01:01 PM
yeah, I had several friends make fun of me for buying a 3DS before the Vita came out (3D gimmick, worse graphics, 1 circle pad, circle pad pro being $20 for something that should have been included). I haven't had to deal with any of that for a while though :) but that is mostly because the 3DS has Monster Hunter now (my friends really like monster hunter)
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...
#10PsychoWolfX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:01:46 PM
Swan3624 posted...
*You're

Sorry. It was bothering me a lot.

...*facepalm* oops.