Which franchise on a Nintendo system has the worst fanbase?

#31SMASHKING84Posted 1/10/2013 1:37:18 AM
let's look at each fan base's crimes
mario fanbase:whining about overly easy gameplay in a series infamous for it,complaining that EVERY game is "more of the same"(at least since sunshine) until the next game comes out then suddenly that game is "fresh" (see nsmb ds,nsmb wii,and super mario 3dland as the biggest examples)

Pokemon:Genwunners,bashing furries especially when some pokemon were obviously designed KNOWING they'd better furry fodder (because it's cool to be a bigot!),people complaining about the series being stale even though pokemon has had 17+ changes since gen 2 (really besides dropping turn based battles it'd be hard to change it much more),and let's not forget an overall sense of elitism

zelda:this ones hard because i like some parts of the fanbase(specifically the ones who like more traditional games) but far too many players are intentionally liking games ruin exploration,or games with bad controls,or both

Paper Mario no real problems they have a right to whine after the way they've been treated.
Fire emblem besides giving remakes numbered titles? nothing
Pheniox Wright/Layton IDK i don't play those games so i have no clue what there fanbase is like.
Megaman see Paper Mario
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#32lambchipsPosted 1/10/2013 1:52:37 AM
there are many nintendo haters but i dont think i've really seen nintendo fanboys be that extreme...
^ that said there are alot of nintendo trolls but trolls are useless in real life anyways...

for example
- the megaman fanbase started boycotting capcom when they cancelled MML3
^ i guess you could say its part of the nintendo fanbase, but back then the 3ds was a major flop

- the sony fanbase started sending death threats to reviewers that scored their favourite exclusive a low score (even before playing it)

those guys actually go out of their way to try to damage the industry because they want to take out their anger on something.. i dont think i've seen nintendo fanboys do something that extreme
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#33GiezusPosted 1/10/2013 2:03:31 AM
Just because it's the one I run into the most, I'm gonna put mine for Pokemon. Granted, I love meeting new Pokemon players, but I'm starting to loathe anyone who criticizes all but one or two generations. That, and ever since online battling was introduced, it seems like the competitive scene has been more and more spiteful towards those who don't use top tier Pokemon.
---
MHFU - Kaius (HR9; Hunting Horn, Dual Blades, Lance)
#34SMASHKING84Posted 1/10/2013 2:09:23 AM
Giezus posted...
Just because it's the one I run into the most, I'm gonna put mine for Pokemon. Granted, I love meeting new Pokemon players, but I'm starting to loathe anyone who criticizes all but one or two generations. That, and ever since online battling was introduced, it seems like the competitive scene has been more and more spiteful towards those who don't use top tier Pokemon.

not to mention people mocking OU pokemon because they "have bad move pools" yet they only care about the smogon move suggestions so they have NO CLUE what that pokemon is like.

Hell let's not forget that players who refuse to use any moves not listed on smogon.
But hey if you want me to KNOW exactly what move set your gonna use the exact second you send out a pokemon,then more power to you. lol
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#35BatenKait0sPosted 1/10/2013 2:28:58 AM
Mario, because they will never admit that the series is repetitive, seldom introduces anything new, and takes priority over other golden opportunities at Nintendo.
---
Currently playing:
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story (GBA); Retro Game Challenge (DS)
#36DoctorDalekPosted 1/10/2013 2:30:44 AM
SMT's fanbase is actually nice if you don't mention Persona or FF. Otherwise they turn into raging retrograde pseudo-intellectuals.
Zelda fans are not bad. It's just annoying how they turn any topic into a monologue of which one they liked better.

Now Pokémon fans, for God's sake... if you even remotely gives them the impression that you don't care about or don't like Pokémon, they will accuse you of being a stupid FPS player, brag about how the series is popular among adults and roll on the ground crying and screaming "We're not kids!!! Pokémon is for adults too!!!".
#37rayneotaconPosted 1/10/2013 3:25:55 AM
21_21 posted...
Legend of Zelda. They won't allow posts that imply Majora's Mask superiority over Ocarina of Time or the existence of CD-I Zelda.

Existence of what? You ended your post right after the word "of".
#38GencoilPosted 1/10/2013 3:58:18 AM
Pokémon. They act so obsessed about it, getting into silly ultra-nerdy arguments about stats and stuff. I think it's one of the reasons why I've never been able to get into Pokémon because from an outsider's point of view it looks like a game consisting of nothing but battle after battle after battle on this boring static screen with a white background.

Not all Pokémon fans are like that, of course, but I see a lot of this going on.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#39aamotPosted 1/10/2013 4:09:42 AM
Crap. I voted for SMT thinking that there were elitists that condemn every non-SMT SRPG, but then I thought about anyone I've talked to about SMT. They are usually pretty cool and just enjoy what they enjoy.

Unofficially changing my vote to Pokemon.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#40JurassicBondPosted 1/10/2013 5:48:49 AM
Pokemon fans and the people who troll against Pokemon are both pretty annoying to me.
---
Reading: A Memory of Light - Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg