Which franchise on a Nintendo system has the worst fanbase?

#41GloryChaosPosted 1/10/2013 5:19:21 AM
All of them.

The best fanbases are the ones who manage to do productive things with their love of the series. Like what you see with Touhou and Kirby (music, fully made fan games, merchandise, animated shorts, etc).

I'm not gonna say that other fanbases don't do that but it's far and few between. As I eagerly await the release of the Twilight Symphony by ZREO, I see a lot of stuff that makes me want to distance myself from other Zelda fans.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#42iMURDAuPosted 1/10/2013 5:28:09 AM
Paper Mario fanboys are the worst imo. Many of them complained about Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star but I'd bet if both those games rehashed the almighty TTYD's formula they'd be complaining about that.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#43wiiking96Posted 1/10/2013 5:49:21 AM
iMURDAu posted...
Paper Mario fanboys are the worst imo. Many of them complained about Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star but I'd bet if both those games rehashed the almighty TTYD's formula they'd be complaining about that.

Perhaps because it would stagnant at this point, but guess what? People don't want a rehash of the TTYD. OMG
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#44nonexistingheroPosted 1/10/2013 5:53:53 AM
Sudsmcduff96 posted...
Pokémon by far.

At least from what I've seen and experienced, a lot of the fans aren't willing to accept other people's opinions, and always resort to telling people to go back to Call of Duty.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of calling a game bad because it's a rehash when Pokémon itself is one.

Only a handful from the Pokemon fanbase are like that. Meanwhile, just about every Persona 3/4 fan is even worse.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#45nonexistingheroPosted 1/10/2013 5:55:29 AM
wiiking96 posted...
iMURDAu posted...

Perhaps because it would stagnant at this point, but guess what? People don't want a rehash of the TTYD. OMG

Yeah, we don't want a rehash. We want a new PM game that builds on the foundations lied by the first 2 PM games, rather than getting new games that completely change it up.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#46DilliciousPosted 1/10/2013 5:59:17 AM(edited)
Your favorite series.
---
3DS FC:1504-6147-0115
Currently Playing: Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
#47themegaman7Posted 1/10/2013 6:01:07 AM
Zelda. Way too defensive and tend to act elitisly against anyone who doesn't care for the series.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#48Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 6:01:51 AM
I'm honestly impressed that this hasn't degraded into a giant argument yet. And yeah, the votes on Pokémon are going to be a little inflated right now.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#49so64Posted 1/10/2013 6:17:59 AM
GloryChaos posted...
All of them.

The best fanbases are the ones who manage to do productive things with their love of the series. Like what you see with Touhou and Kirby (music, fully made fan games, merchandise, animated shorts, etc).

I'm not gonna say that other fanbases don't do that but it's far and few between. As I eagerly await the release of the Twilight Symphony by ZREO, I see a lot of stuff that makes me want to distance myself from other Zelda fans.

Eh, I think all of the fan bases in the poll does at least one of the things that you consider to be qualities of the best fanbases. I mean Pokemon has fan hacks of games that add difficulty or for mere amusement. Or reinterpretations of some of the Pokemon in artwork, or plushies of Pokemon, etc. In all fairness, even the best of fan bases can have their more toxic of elements...

With that said, I think the worst fanbase on a Nintendo system is Super Smash Bros.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Why can't we give love that one more chance? 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#50MrFwibblesPosted 1/10/2013 6:23:09 AM
The Pokémon fanbase is the worst one I've ever seen, not just the worst for a franchise on a Nintendo system.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.